Taking stock from today

Ger572

Official Ticketer
I thought we played the majority of the match in a controlled and aggressive manner. Yes Hearts had spells, any team in a semi will, and we weren't perfect but all in all that was a vast improvement on previous.

Butland- just does what he does 8/10
Tav- improved but still 6/10
Balogun- unbelievable & MOTM 10/10
Soutter- yellow card had him looking edge but still was ok 6/10
Sterling- energetic & aggressive 7/10
Cantwell- close to MOTM, covered every blade 8/10
Lundstram- showed baws today and always demanded the ball. Done well 7/10
Diamonde- we have a gem on our hands here 8/10
McAusland- came into the game lately but was clear to see he's been out for weeks 6/10
Dessers- 2 goals....that's all 7/10
Matondo- ran the ball out if play, on his arse, 1 shot probably appeared on Glasgow airports radar 5/10

I thought we played the majority of the match in a controlled and aggressive manner. Yes Hearts had spells, any team in a semi will, and we weren't perfect but all in all that was a vast improvement on previous.

McAusland- came into the game lately but was clear to see he's been out for weeks 6/10
Matondo- ran the ball out if play, on his arse, 1 shot probably appeared on Glasgow airports radar 5/10
So if Cantwell was nearly man of the match, then he must be at least a nine

Better. Glad PC had the balls to change the defence. If we were clinical we should have scored three or four with better decisions in the final third. Jack still had to keep us in it though. After watching bits of the other semi one thing is for sure. They can and will drop points. It’s not over.

Souttar had a terrible 15 or so minutes, nearly cost us. Matondo was close to the worst player on the pitch. Lundstram I thought was improved over Ross County / Dundee, but still not great, and had an absolute howler of a pass that nearly gifted a goal - and that wasn't his only mistake.

If we get enough players playing like Cantwell, Balogun, Dessers and Diomande did in that game, we'll be alright.

Agree majority but Lundstram his passing was atrocious and not even when under pressure and McCauslsnd needs to bulk up but today was dramatic improvement and hopefully that’s our dip out of the way and win our next 6 games and hopefully it’s enough for the league as it could come to goal difference

Souttar had a terrible 15 or so minutes, nearly cost us. Matondo was close to the worst player on the pitch. Lundstram I thought was improved over Ross County / Dundee, but still not great, and had an absolute howler of a pass that nearly gifted a goal - and that wasn't his only mistake.

If we get enough players playing like Cantwell, Balogun, Dessers and Diomande did in that game, we'll be alright.
It wasn't even close, he was The Worst by a considerable distance.

I thought we were good today but my worry would be it wasn't a league game so less pressure unless we went behind.

Saying that I thought we played with aggression and were miles better than the last two games. Hopefully we kick into hear and win this treble.

Felt very flat in the stands before, during and after the game. The players done well today, a few mistakes here and there but we were much better all round.

Potential Banana skin avoided. Played good in patches. Now for St Boo. Let's try and build on today. League is not out of reach.

Thought lundstram and tav were better than they have been in previous weeks. You'd have to ask yourself if its due to not looking over their shoulder knowing Goldson was having a howler.

Thought Balogun, Diomande and Cantwell were our best players. I wish our players would realise that Diomande likes the ball in tight situations and to give him it when he is looking for it even if it looks like there is a player on him.

Pretty dismissive, he done his job and we are through to the final.\

Generous for a few

But overall much better

Less pressure so was to be expected

No chance Lundstram can be a scored as highly. I thought he was awful, especially in the 1st half. The rest you call pretty fairly.

Souttar always has a mistake in him and IMO has been fortunate that Goldson has copped the flak as he deserves every bit as much

Lundstram was awful IMO. Far too slack in possession and at times you’d think it was a kick about game such was his lack of urgency

Macausland was pretty poor IMO. Matondo is rotten. Silva less said the better

We’re a better side with Dio in the midfield. I was surprised that Goldson was dropped and more surprised that Balogun played right CH rather than Souttar who made a few errors. I just feel we have a much better balance when Yilmaz plays. A naturally Left sided player who can carry the ball. Matondo is beginning to look like a good sub. I thought Cantwell was really good today as well. Created 2 goals and played in the space that will create chances.

Felt very flat in the stands before, during and after the game. The players done well today, a few mistakes here and there but we were much better all round.
I thought it might be flat but didn't get that vibe at all mate. Maybe depends where you were standing.

Maybe a bit harsh but I don't think McCausland is going to see much game time next season. Clement will be looking for a much bigger, more powerful type of player to play that position.

The Sima injury is a massive blow, we now have two wide positions to fill with not one single player I'd trust. I wonder if Yilmaz comes back that we push Sterling up to RW and hope Silva comes onto a game.

Surely Ross McCausland starts at RW before Sterling?

Maybe a bit harsh but I don't think McCausland is going to see much game time next season. Clement will be looking for a much bigger, more powerful type of player to play that position.

It might not be possible to replace the entire starting eleven in one window.

No rhythm - and, as usual, a general lack of cohesion.

Middle to front is still really poor and we are a mess in the final third.

Our decision making is terrible, which results in the majority of our games being a turgid struggle when moving forward as a unit.

I don't know what "style" Clement is trying to implement but it is pretty messy.

I felt we made a poor substitution with McCausland on for Sima. Yes the sub was forced by injury and easy to see the winger for a winger option, but with Matondo already on, I felt that left us with 2 out and out wingers who give very little in the middle of park and made us weaker in there That’s a big difference for me with the likes of Sima, who can come into the midfield areas and contribute with strength and power.

Not sure what other option Clement could’ve done, maybe Barisic on and push Sterling forward or maybe Lawrence but just felt we looked a lot weaker with Matondo and McCausland both playing.

Dio and Balogun made a massive difference to our play. Both play the pass a lot quicker and get us on the move.

This is ludicrously harsh.

No rhythm - and, as usual, a general lack of cohesion.

Middle to front is still really poor and we are a mess in the final third.

Our decision making is terrible, which results in the majority of our games being a turgid struggle when moving forward as a unit.

I don't know what "style" Clement is trying to implement but it is pretty messy.
Why bother watching us mate if a 2-0 cup semi final win which sets up a potential treble seems to cause you so much suffering? Just be happy we played quite well, won, got some confidence and didnt struggle to beat a 9th place sheep team.

Yes it's good to be in a final, and that there's been a reaction.

For me though that begs the question, where was that level of performance for the two really big games where we dropped crucial points, and handed back the initiative to the scum.

Hearts are a much better team than both County and Dundee all over the park. I can't let it go, and even winning this cup will mean sweet fcuk all unless we somehow manage to retrieve this title.

Yes it's good to be in a final, and that there's been a reaction.

For me though that begs the question, where was that level of performance for the two really big games where we dropped crucial points, and handed back the initiative to the scum.

Hearts are a much better team than both County and Dundee all over the park. I can't let it go, and even winning this cup will mean sweet fcuk all unless we somehow manage to retrieve this title.
I’ll be as gutted and pissed off as the next bear if we lose the league, bloody raging in fact, but winning the Scottish Cup will never mean sweet feck all.

Tav a 6/10?

You can't please some folk.

His desire created the first goal, he saved an almost certain goal when Souttar lost the ball and apart from that he defended well all day - had the better of his man then McKay when he replaced him.
Thought Tav had one.of his better games yesterday. Not brilliant but reliable with, as you say a couple of significant contributions.

I’ll be as gutted and pissed off as the next bear if we lose the league, bloody raging in fact, but winning the Scottish Cup will never mean sweet feck all.
Yep on reflection I've probably undervalued it's importance. A trophy's a trophy, I concede that much.

It's more the attitude of those players that infuriates me. Why do they consistently fail to turn up when it really matters in this title race.

The difference in attitude from minute one from that team yesterday was glaringly obvious to both Dingwall and Dens park.

I just cannot fathom how the senior players in this squad who you would like to believe by now fully understand this support, repeatedly get their priorities all wrong.

5vjPK7K.gif

I felt we made a poor substitution with McCausland on for Sima. Yes the sub was forced by injury and easy to see the winger for a winger option, but with Matondo already on, I felt that left us with 2 out and out wingers who give very little in the middle of park and made us weaker in there That’s a big difference for me with the likes of Sima, who can come into the midfield areas and contribute with strength and power.

Not sure what other option Clement could’ve done, maybe Barisic on and push Sterling forward or maybe Lawrence but just felt we looked a lot weaker with Matondo and McCausland both playing.
The game did go a bit limp for us when Sima was taken off. McCausland still not match fit either so room for some improvement there.

If it was any other player but Tav you give him an 8 out of 10. He never put a foot wrong today credit where credit is due.

Back