Anyone else laughing at Silva’s miss?

I've watched the BBC clip that was posted earlier about 100 times and just as Dessers passes the ball to him he seems to glide across the grass for about 2ft. One of the strangest things I've seen at a game.

He's dived, he even throws his hands up in the air theatrically. If we hadn't be 2 up every single person in here would be agreeing. Instead people are saying he tripped lmfao!

He's dived, he even throws his hands up in the air theatrically. If we hadn't be 2 up every single person in here would be agreeing. Instead people are saying he tripped lmfao!
Why would he dive though when he knows there was nobody near him and he had an open goal? I think he is terrible and I cant stand his theatrics to the point id happily not see him play for us again but on this occasion, come on man. He absolutely didnt dive.

Definitely not a dive.
My take is that he genuinely wasn’t expecting the pass from Dessers, he then had a decision to make, hit with left or right it came to him when he was running and the sub second indecision caused the outcome.
Anyone who has played football at a half decent level will have experienced similar.
I was surprised Dessers passed myself, the pass was good it just surprised Silva that’s all

Watched it back again there and I genuinely can’t work out what he’s trying

And as someone that’s played, him putting his arms up in the air and falling isn’t a natural movement even if he did stumble over the ball. If he tripped he’d have probably stumbled down rather than fall flat down

More I see it, it looks like he’s thrown himself to the floor looking for a penalty which is bizarre

He is utterly bad at football. Kindest thing I can say about him.

Glad he won't be here much longer

No matter how many times I replay this - or try to come up with explanations - I've come to the conclusion it's just a very weird event - worthy of an X factor episode

I don't see caught studs, diving attempts or normal reasons to stumble
On the admittedly limited amount of football I've played at a pretty low level - I can't recall a similar moment
I've been barged off the ball, fouled, tripped & fallen over with the best of them
- But I can't recall any occassion where both legs tumble in unison with no contact

Like I said earlier - very weird

No matter how many times I replay this - or try to come up with explanations - I've come to the conclusion it's just a very weird event - worthy of an X factor episode

I don't see caught studs, diving attempts or normal reasons to stumble
On the admittedly limited amount of football I've played at a pretty low level - I can't recall a similar moment
I've been barged off the ball, fouled, tripped & fallen over with the best of them
- But I can't recall any occassion where both legs tumble in unison with no contact

Like I said earlier - very weird5
Nothing weird about it,you have just described the definition of a dive.

I laughed at the time because we were 2-0 up. If we weren't I'd have been raging...

Sadly, he's one of the current squad I won't miss next season. Never a £40m player...

Umar Sadiq vs Aberdeen

Ok not as bad
Umar was 21 when he did that (in 2018).
He’s done pretty well since.
Silva is 21 just now he’ll turn into the real deal in the next 6 years - he’ll leave us after the next 6 games, let’s get the most out of him and Roofe who will also just be a distant memory from May

Open goal and no Hearts player near him so he decided to dive , drivel.
No need to throw your hands up like that if you trip yourself.
Instinct would be to put them down to protect yourself from the fall.

Looks like a dive to me too.

He's a strange lad!

silv.gif

No need to throw your hands up like that if you trip yourself.
Instinct would be to put them down to protect yourself from the fall.

Looks like a dive to me too.

He's a strange lad!
I think it is more and more obvious the more I watch it that he is doing that thing where someone walks infront of you and you don't want to touch them. You put your hands up and check your feet. I think he was not expecting the pass, the pass was slightly behind him and he figured it was for a Rangers player running in behind him. Not wanting to touch the ball and take it off someone's toes, he stopped his feet dead and did that weird arm thing we all do when we check our forward momentum.

In a way, I don't blame this lad for some of his behaviour, this is being coached to young players and for too long.

It wasn't a dive in the sense of trying to win a penalty. He clearly just caught his studs in the turf - but it was embarrassing and certainly not funny in the slightest, in my opinion.

I think he was looking to put away a rebound and instead he got ball to feet and he had a brain melt.

Never a dive in a million years but if you have previous people will definitely accuse.

It wasn't a dive in the sense of trying to win a penalty. He clearly just caught his studs in the turf - but it was embarrassing and certainly not funny in the slightest, in my opinion.

Ah c'mon, you have to lighten up and laugh, it's not like it had any effect on the result :)

Those saying he deliberately dived need to give themselves a shake. He couldn't adjust his feet and made a Henry Hunt of it. I'm sure he'll be getting ribbed mercilessly by his teammates.

Back