Would you be happy with that back 4 against Celtic at Piggery

We play our strongest side.

Unless Goldson is injured or suspended, like it or lump it, he starts.

He’s been running on empty for the last few weeks, hopefully yesterday means he’s recharged, ready and focused for the run in.

That said, if Balogun starts, I have no fear.

Nearly every time we go there, someone has a catastrophic brainfart which leads to a goal for them.

Souttar has a mistake in him nearly every game, he had a bad one yesterday and thankfully, Vargass didn't capitalise.

I would prefer a suitably rested and refreshed Goldson, but Furuhashi and Idah give him the fear.

Hopefully Yilmaz is back by then and we put Sterling in MF for that aggressive steel that we need playing at their midden

Same as others for me, if feasible.

Yilmaz, Balogun, Goldson, Tav across the back.
Goldson has been a bombscare lately but maybe being dropped and rested might improve him, Souttar gives me the fear at times but he can also be decent to be fair to him.

Sterling in midfield hopefully. His athleticism and power is needed in there against that shower.

No. I'm pretty worried every time i see us without a natural left back and with John Souttar playing in defence tbh.

He's never managed to get the errors out his game since he got here and there's at least 1 big error per game which just can't fly at a team like ours that's trying to win almost every week.

The left back is the real crucial position though. I've no fears over Sterling defensively but our attacking shape needs a left footed left back for the width and I prefer Sterling further forward.

Unfortunately the crux of it all is I'm sure they would be happy to play against them. Juggle it up anyway you want we have proven umpteen times that we aren't capable of beating them especially at there ground, in fact we look beat B4 we even start. Until a change of personnel it will continue.

Souttar might have a mistake in him but he's regularly bailed out others for theirs and more often than not is the one that is in a scramble making a key block. It's something you never see from our other defenders and is needed. Yesterday is what we need to see more of. If Souttar does make an error (and it was a bad one) he should be regularly being bailed out by his teammates (as Tav did).

Leon starts it’s a toss up on soap and Goldson yilmaz lb, sterling in to midfield for rabbi he’s a man down.

Goldson is done, I'm amazed that people think a wee Sunday off fixes the fact he has looked weak, cumbersome and simply cannot cope with either the physicality of a big, strong CF nor far more tellingly, the 'guile' of a late run into the box by a litter-picking weirdo.

Goldson spreads a nervousness, and as the apparent captain-without-the-armband he also sets the tone for the whole team.

Balogun every day.

No, Souttar shouldn’t be in any Rangers team.

Goldson needed a shock but he’s miles better than Souttar.

The thing with Souttar, is every one of our defenders has that potential fcuk up in them, as he had yesterday, at any time.

Whatever/whoever the personnel is, it needs to be 100% concentration all game.

Souttar gets too much flack - he has an error in him but every game you can see Tav Goldson etc have errors too - he made an error yesterday but he stopped plenty yesterday also and he is the only one capable of driving out of defence with the ball and having an eye for a pass

We play our strongest side.

Unless Goldson is injured or suspended, like it or lump it, he starts.

He’s been running on empty for the last few weeks, hopefully yesterday means he’s recharged, ready and focused for the run in.

That said, if Balogun starts, I have no fear.
Id argue we are stronger with Balogun than Goldson

Souttar gets too much flack - he has an error in him but every game you can see Tav Goldson etc have errors too - he made an error yesterday but he stopped plenty yesterday also and he is the only one capable of driving out of defence with the ball and having an eye for a pass
There's not a player in our team who doesn't make errors. There's probably not a player in any team, any where, who doesn't make errors.

If folk are looking for perfection then they are watching the wrong sport.

I wouldn't be happy with Souttar.

Mind you, I wouldn't be too happy with Goldson either.

But Souttar is a walking bombscare.

Same as others for me, if feasible.

Yilmaz, Balogun, Goldson, Tav across the back.
Goldson has been a bombscare lately but maybe being dropped and rested might improve him, Souttar gives me the fear at times but he can also be decent to be fair to him.

Sterling in midfield hopefully. His athleticism and power is needed in there against that shower.
Genuinely I ask myself why would missing one match improve CG markedly ?

I still think Goldson and Balogun is our best central defence, and Yilmaz is our best left back.

Until the summer when I hope things get changed.

Goldson falls to pieces against Celtic and Souttar didn't cover himself in glory yesterday either.

Hopefully Ridvan is back so Sterling can go into midfield.

Ideally, all fit:

Butland
Tav Balogun/Another Ridvan
Sterling Diomande
McCausland Cantwell Sima
Dessers

I think Goldson has been fragile for many weeks & gave away another penalty against them that was just embarrassing.

Parkhead will be a war & we need brave players on that park.

Souttar really does need to cut out the mistakes though.

Doesn't matter what we do it all seems very makeshift. We are where we are but the sooner we have a few more decent defenders in then we just have to live with the fear that who we have will make a mistake every now and then.

It's taking a very long time to sort out. Too much money waste on other parts of the pitch.

Goldson falls to pieces against Celtic and Souttar didn't cover himself in glory yesterday either.

Hopefully Ridvan is back so Sterling can go into midfield.

Ideally, all fit:

Butland
Tav Balogun/Another Ridvan
Sterling Diomande
McCausland Cantwell Sima
Dessers
The only other is Davies, so like it or not it will be either Goldson or Souttar.

I think Goldson has been fragile for many weeks & gave away another penalty against them that was just embarrassing.

Parkhead will be a war & we need brave players on that park.

Souttar really does need to cut out the mistakes though.

Souttar passing it to Jota for a goal at Parkhead and crumbling that day plays on my mind tbh.

Goldson, I don't trust either tbf, but I would much rather Goldson and Balogun.

What a sad state of affairs we are discussing it though, literally picking someone who just isn't quite as bad as the other isn't a place we want to be in.

No, Sterling at RB with Yilmaz at LB leaving Tav pushed up into midfield.

Souter and Goldson can fight for a slot next to Balogun all day long for me, the big cool bastard has to start.

Souttar passing it to Jota for a goal at Parkhead and crumbling that day plays on my mind tbh.

Goldson, I don't trust either tbf, but I would much rather Goldson and Balogun.

What a sad state of affairs we are discussing it though, literally picking someone who just isn't quite as bad as the other isn't a place we want to be in.

Yes, the truth is, with Balogun’s age too, we truly have no CD’s we can fully trust.

I just think Souttar is quicker, stronger & braver than Goldson, but both have errors in them.

The only other is Davies, so like it or not it will be either Goldson or Souttar.
Oh aye of course, I just meant they're much of a muchness for me. Balogun and either of them. Unless Sterling wants to add another string to his bow haha. Him running through the litter picker could be funny.

Back