Iran v Spain 19:00 Ko. ITV

Is it just me or has this tournament been one of the worst in recent times? Every team is so negative and basically playing for a draw.

Glad Spain got the goal because the diving and play acting from Iran was pathetic.

People criticising Spain need to look at the game as whole - Iran never came to win the game, they just wanted to stop Spain from doing anything. A bit like us vs Barcelona years ago...awful to watch but basically the only way we could get something out of it.

Is it just me or has this tournament been one of the worst in recent times? Every team is so negative and basically playing for a draw.

Glad Spain got the goal because the diving and play acting from Iran was pathetic.

Nope, not just you - it’s been as poor as I was expecting.

I have watched quite a few games now ........

Quite a lot of teams have one or two top quality players ... even Egypt. But I have yet to see a team with one or two players who can dominate the game and who can dictate play.

What we are seeing is really well organised teams making good tactical decisions and which are cancelling out the good players. And those good players aren't quite good enough to beat the organisation and tactics.

Another plucky minnow defeated after having a good share of the game. Another ‘top’ side flattering to deceive.

Been such a shite World Cup so far.

3 games, 3 goals. Atrocious.

I can't see Spain winning this WC tbh.

Great on the ball but they seem to have too many of the same type of player in their team and I think a decent team will snuff them out and hit them on the break. Doesn't really look to be an end product to a lot of their play and Costa gets injured or suspended and they are completely goosed.

Quite a lot of teams have one or two top quality players ... even Egypt. But I have yet to see a team with one or two players who can dominate the game and who can dictate play.

What we are seeing is really well organised teams making good tactical decisions and which are cancelling out the good players. And those good players aren't quite good enough to beat the organisation and tactics.
Most impressive and exciting team I’ve watched so far were Mexico.

None of the favourites have done much to convince me that they’ll win it. Like you say, their good players haven’t quite been good enough (Ronaldo being the exception)

Lot of the European players are probably knackered after a long season.

Its been like watching most of our games over the last 6 or 7 years.

The fecks going on at this World Cup?

Top nations all playing like utter shit. Starting to think Engurland are going all the way :eek:

Thank funk for that.
The possibility of teams like Iran progressing in this tournament would just have been too much to handle!

Back