Match Thread Rangers v FK Shkupi - 19:45 Thursday 12th - BT Sports

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
1jfGRyy.png

Last edited:
Cannae wait, usual seat GF7 Morelos 1st goal scorer and 4-0 then into Louden until subway empties, hope we ramp up the volume and create a massive atmosphere, over 50000 fans and 40000+ for a friendly. What a support WATP

5,0 I be kind, absolutely smash this game out the park.
Set off what we intend to start,And the road to 55 will follow been a long time since I felt this bloody good.

Tomorrow night can't come soon enough. I genuinely think we'll blow them away and fancy us to better the Bury result.

This could be another Bury scoreline, this wee shkupi doo mob won't know what's hit them. 50k Bears rocking the place their wee Farters will be doing over time.

Would love a statement of intent with 6 or 7 goals scored, but I’m not wanting to be greedy - I’ll be happy with a solid 4-0 victory, and the subs used for a decent 20-plus minutes to give more of the squad game time.

Finishing at 1 am few hours kip then shit shower and shave then train up the road. Head over to Partick for a few beers then over to Ibrox

Unsure of the score line at thend end but I reckon we'll score within the first 10 mins. Arfield on the score sheet too.

Any kind of comfortable scoreline. 3+ and a clean sheet please. Early goal to settle the nerves.
Banish the horror of last year.

Arfield, Windass, Alfie and Tav to score.

Can't believe the demand for tickets for this tomorrow. Twitter with so many requests. Even ticket touts selling them for up to 200 quid online.

Works going to be a drag tomorrow. Thankfully I'm only 5am - 2pm. Home, showered and down to the game.

Can't wait for kick off. Everyone is going to be right up for it.

Make Ibrox a cauldron, Gers. Let's utterly expunge last year's f#cking disgrace. It's live so let's show the country what we're all about.

No Surrender!

I think its safe to say there won't be a repeat of last summers Europa disaster. Hoping for a win by 3 or 4 goals and a clean sheet, making the 2nd leg a formality.

Can’t wait for this, new season day is always a big one on the calendar. Going to be a slooow day at work beforehand.

A comfortable win, a few goals, tie put to bed please Rangers.

Said it on a previous thread, anything less than five goals and a clean sheet is below the standard. Can't fkn wait to get to Ibrox tomorrow. Let's destroy them Rangers.

I just want a one hundred per cent committed performance first in however Gerrard wants them to play

Not too worried if it’s a low scoring win.

Though i think it’ll be 4 or 5 nil

Airfield fgs, morelos 2, Murphy and goldson

Focus , keep a clean sheet and 2-0 will do us. No embarrassments like last year please . The Croatians in the next round are going to be very handy . That will be a huge test but we get this first round over clinically first .

Please remember those Rsoles with a hate agenda FARE will be at this game we want to have a great night but not give them a chance to generate any filth on us, each supporter should be aware and if spotted they should be pointed out I mean how many real supporters sit and take notes, it should be a night of enjoyment but be aware they are employed to, and ready to deliberately hurt us. "Lets Go"

6.45am start for me tomorrow morning here in Auckland so working from home with the game purchased on Rangers TV already.

Hoping for a 4+goal victory. Arfield to get on the scoresheet again.

First competitive match under Stevie Gerrard. I can't wait for the game to kick off. Let's do this with a bit of style and flair.

This is where the talking stops and we see what Rangers are all about this season.
I am feeling very confident and expect us to win by 3 or 4 with a clean sheet.

Hopefully a three goal win, preferably 3-0, to put us in a commanding position in the tie. We won 1-0 last year in the first leg, that just isn't good enough.

Arfield 2 or more - 14/1

Arfield 3 or more - 125/1

Provisionally booking the Bahamas as we speak

Let’s Go

A second successive 6-0 is 14-1 at Hills, that’s where my fivers going. Can’t wait for this game, a veritable feast of new faces and be great to see McGregor again. Poor old Shkupi are wandering into a perfect storm here.

A new season and the unknown beckons. Optimism is there, but expectations are kept reigned in until we see how it all unfolds. On paper, it is looking far healthier than this time last season when my own predictions were highly negative. The formation and winning style against Bury was outstanding, but the opposition were poor. Europe is also an unknown. A nation of 4million knocked England out last night. Macedonia is only 2 million, less than the Central belt of Scotland, but they have Yugoslavia in their footballing blood, and therefore will be more technically efficient than a pub team from Luxembourg, so we must not underestimate such teams.

Modric was quoted as saying after the game last night that part of their motivation was to ram it against the English press who anticipated a walk-over. We should not fall into the same trap. Our team will need to gel on and off the pitch if we are to succeed this year. The Europa League will be a great litmus test. It could be 6-0 or 1-1. Tomorrow, we will have a better understanding of what is in store for us. On ye go, Stevie and show the way. We deserve it.

I remember the optimism this time last year v Progres (was seriously worried about Pedro, though)
We'd signed 2 top centre backs, a winger from Benfica, Dorrans of EPL fame, Mexican international players. What could go wrong ?
I expect more this season.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

A nice comfortable victory to get the season off to a flyer please.

Good luck to SG and his staff, the players and the fans. Let's make it a season to remember.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

My biggest worry is the optimism on here. Talk of 4,5 or 6 goals leads to moaning if we're not 2 up after 20 minutes.

Latest posts

Back