Match Thread Rangers v FK Shkupi - 19:45 Thursday 12th - BT Sports

I would start Middleton instead of Windass. I think Middleton is the sort of player that could cause some early panic in their defence and set the tone for the match. If it doesn't work, we should still have enough to beat this lot and there are always substitutions.

Seems to have a bit of aggression in him Middleton, let Stevie G. decide he'll suss them out quick smart.

Just need to ensure we kill the tie in the first leg.

I'm expecting at least 3-0.

Want to be going over there with the tie dead and out of sight of the Macedonains. Finish it tonight and not have a nervy second leg. Use the second leg as a run out for some of our players.

Clean sheet please and the same exciting football as Friday will do me.

Only position I see up for grabs is if he starts Flanagan at LB or Bible comes back in.

Personally I'd stick with Flanagan.

Let's go Rangers.

Any updat on whether Sadiq or Coulibaly got clearance to be part of the squad tonight. I assume they had to be registered last night to play.

Any updat on whether Sadiq or Coulibaly got clearance to be part of the squad tonight. I assume they had to be registered last night to play.

They didn't receive international clearance mate, shouldn't need them for this stage!

As it currently stands the team that started vs Bury seems the obvious choice, with a decent back up from the bench of some of the younger lads who performed well when they had their chance.
It will be interesting to see how Shkupi play against us really, that will make a huge difference on how I see the game going really - if they come to pack numbers and frustrate it will be a completely different approach to if they come to have a go. If they give us space I am confident we will have more than enough to take +3 from them with our pace and energy.

The aim should be to put this tie to bed tonight. 3 or 4-0.

I see us going 4-3-3 again

Shagger

Tav Goldson Katic Flanagan

McCrorie
Candeias Arfield

Windass Morelos Murphy
My only slight concern would be the bench, it will probably be along the lines of:
Fod, Hodson, John, Jack, Halliday, Docherty and Rudden

We're currently lacking an attacking player or 2 in reserve that can come on and change the game as I assume it's too soon for big Umar.

Looking for us to make a statement!all over the park tonight,fancy a 4-0,with Morelos,arfield,and goldson,among the goals.

Shagger

McCrorie
Candeias Arfield

Windass Morelos Murphy
My only slight concern would be the bench, it will probably be along the lines of:

We're currently lacking an attacking player or 2 in reserve that can come on and change the game as I assume it's too soon for big Umar.
Middleton

I have insufficient posts to be able to post on the ticket site. I have four tickets in the family section tonight 2 adults and 2 kids
BR1 row j seats 0014-0017. My boy has been struggling all week with a sore stomach and there’s no way we will make it tonight. I’m in kilmarnock if anyone is interested. Looking for face value. £40

Shagger

McCrorie
Candeias Arfield

Windass Morelos Murphy

Middleton will be on the bench.

Carragher on Instagram

23_carraVerified

36608968_439580259843232_954204805318836224_n.jpg

24,120 likes

All I want is this tie over.

I doubt that they are much better than Bury. Odds are terrible so no bet for me but a clean sheet with us scoring at least three will do for me.

All I want is this tie over.

I doubt that they are much better than Bury. Odds are terrible so no bet for me but a clean sheet with us scoring at least three will do for me.
Have you seen them ? Not much better than Bury. Their technique will be much superior so will keep possession for longer.

I have good feeling about how we will fair this season. Wasn't sure early on but that's changed. The tie over tonight after a convincing win. 4-0. Can't bloody wait, lets chuffing go.

Remember this team come from the former country of Yugoslavia as do Croatia.
As a general rule they know how to play the game.

I don't think they are any mugs I have looked at a few of there games and they can score from distance etc have a few handy players , but lets face it at Ibrox and the dosh we have spent and the fitness levels if we cant turn them over theres something wrong, " Lets Go"

I'm sure the management and players wont be as super optimistic as some on here. A clean sheet and at least 2 goals will be good - anything more is bonus.

ANY sign of us struggling and we must play our part as the 12th man.

I'm confident of a good victory but if by some strange reason it is not going to plan, then we have a huge part to play from the stands.

The manager has asked us to make a noise. Let's do as he says !

ANY sign of us struggling and we must play our part as the 12th man.

I'm confident of a good victory but if by some strange reason it is not going to plan, then we have a huge part to play from the stands.

The manager has asked us to make a noise. Let's do as he says !
Absolutely agree. We need to be better at backing vocally as we are incredible at backing financially - it's just that when we are in the stadium we lose a bit of determination.

Absolutely agree. We need to be better at backing vocally as we are incredible at backing financially - it's just that when we are in the stadium we lose a bit of determination.
Absolutely mate.

We're very good at talking the talk when it comes to producing an atmosphere at Ibrox, but not very good at walking the walk. Time for that to change !

Far too many "it'll be rocking" statements and then we have failed to deliver.

The manager will have been made aware of this, hence his rallying call to get everyone to play their part in properly supporting the team throughout.

no idea what the score could or should be. i would hope for a comfortable win all the same to take the pressure off next week.

I would start Middleton instead of Windass. I think Middleton is the sort of player that could cause some early panic in their defence and set the tone for the match. If it doesn't work, we should still have enough to beat this lot and there are always substitutions.
No, this is very harsh and pointless. Windass will cause them huge problems with his pace and is more of a developed play than Middleton.

Expecting a victory hopefully 2-0 at least hopefully it' more but I don't know too much about FK Schkupi . Arfield is 5/2 to score anytime so I've had a bet on that. Really looking forward to seeing the real thing after Bury last week .

On the train up from London before heading back down to fly out for the away leg on Sunday :D

Make it worth it please Rangers!

Will be great to be getting back to Ibrox and a full house which will be rocking. Hoping for a comfortable victory to take into the second leg, you just can’t take anything for granted in knockout football though.

Reckon like most people that it will be the same 11 as the Bury game, think only LB and the right midfield slots are the only ones where there is any chance of a change. Would like to see Coulibaly and Sadiq, but it is far too early for them and I don’t even know if they got the international clearance in time.

Would also like Docherty, Jack, and Middleton involved at some point, obviously definitely won’t be all 5 of them, but we are starting to build a squad with quality depth, which is almost as important as a strong starting 11.

Does Middleton not play mostly on the left though? Not sure how much he has played on the right where Windass is, or where he prefers to play. He seems comfortable on either foot though from what I’ve seen, so could probably play either side quite comfortably.

Back