Match Thread Rangers v FK Shkupi - 19:45 Thursday 12th - BT Sports

A pretty meh first half

Poor finishing, slow paced and midfield far too open at times

Need to up the tempo massively

Ps the pitch is a shambles

Don't think the manager will be happy with them in the dressing room at the moment. Not been a terrible performance but needs to be a lot better than that.

I don’t think Gerrard will be happy with that performance it was not what he was wanting.

I don’t think we came out at a fast pace but have been sloppy in our final ball and finishing and yet the game should be over.

Definitely trying to press and win the ball back higher. That’s encouraging. Just need a bit more composure on the ball.

Fairly comfortable

We are lot more compact and hard to break through the middle

A wee bit more creativeness and composure up front and we’ll stroll it

1-0 not a good enough cushion for me until this team proves they have more about them.

Not the best, to too many players from last year .. Trying to be positive but a new manager isn't going to change how good they are.. Still need to ship a few..

So far nothing we didn’t already know.

Katic is raw and lacks experience. Midfield looks much better. We are still very lacking up front.

1-0 in the circumstance is fine. These ties can be horrible.

We should be up 3 or 4 yet we haven't been great. Need another couple of goals.

Captain Tav best player on the park.

I think long term candeias and Windass won't be starters.

Loads of possession, struggling to finish, however it’s still early, it will improve massively, I’m sure of that, there’s really no need to panic.

Wel that's my first look at the new Rangers under Gerrard and we look much stronger throughout the side. Our defence is solid and were look capable of playing some nice flowing football. However our finishing is atrocious and needs to improve.

FC Shkupi also look a more capable side than I thought theyd be so we need a decent lead to take to Macedonia

I don’t see that being our starting 11 come first game of the season.

The midfield is wide open.

its a bit to much like the progres game last year 1-0 and missing chance after chance hopefully get a couple in the 2nd half to put the tie to bed

I’m presuming we won’t play this formation against better teams. The midfield is definitely susceptible to counter attacking, at times only McCrorie in there. Should be out of sight but one nil ain’t good enough really. Hope Gerrard gets them going in the second half.

Also, early days but big Katic looks a decent defender but slack in his passing into the middle. Seem to recall that was how he was described. Hopefully he’ll work on his distribution but can see why Gerrard is after another centre half

Really need a goal scorer easier said than done I know.
Midfield still looks like work in progress still think it will end up 3 or 4.

Katie and Goldson solid, Flanagan outstanding. Midfield managing against poor opponents, but we still lack goal scorers. Morelos still missing sitters as is Windass. Need to be much more aggressive when we don’t have the ball

its a bit to much like the progres game last year 1-0 and missing chance after chance hopefully get a couple in the 2nd half to put the tie to bed
Been a lot better than the Progres game from what i remember. Our goal in that match came from taking a quick free kick to catch them off guard. We're creating good chances tonight

A pretty meh first half

Poor finishing, slow paced and midfield far too open at times

Need to up the tempo massively

Ps the pitch is a shambles

Fairly comfortable

We are lot more compact and hard to break through the middle

A wee bit more creativeness and composure up front and we’ll stroll it

1-0 not a good enough cushion for me until this team proves they have more about them.

Is the midfield open or compact? Lol

morelos and goldson should have done a lot better however we look a little shaky at the back. We cannot lose a goal here under any circumstances.

Could/should have had another couple. Massive difference in last season in that you can see this is a team that needs to find it’s feet rather than a team that is not very good. We are 225 minutes total, including friendlies, into a new style and regime. It will take time to get going properly but there are clear signs we are on the right track. Another positive is that you just know Gerrard will make it clear that the 45 we saw was not good enough.

Really hope we can get another couple, that lot have shown enough to make it difficult in the return game

Team is learning, manager is learning about the team. 1 up. 45 to go. Reasonable start. Long way to go but nothing to be concerned about so far
Energy levels and attitude already look to have been improved.
Another 1 in the second half will do fine .

Back