Match Thread RTV - Rangers vs Wigan - Match thread

Ejaria, great feet. However, he needs to actually distribute the ball after beating his man and stop running down dead ends. Great to watch though and could be really effective for us.

I think it's been alright, a standard friendly game really. I'd get the players that are going to start on Thursday off incase they pick up injuries.

I would do it tomorrow if they made the RangersTV app available on the Amazon App Store like all decent streaming platforms do. The club need to invest in RTV.

You don't need an app. Pay RTV and cast it to your TV (or use HDMI)

That was crap even by pre season standards.

We can't string two passesv together. McCrorie chief culprit on giving the ball away. Young Bradley is showing how much we need a CD.

Middleton looks good. The only one pushing for a place.

I have to say, I dislike these tossers, a bit too dirty imo.
I kinda like that it's shown our aggressive and standing up for another side though.

Tell you what, when you see how quickly we press, we are going to be as frustrating as hell to play against. Thing we're going to have quite a few tussles this season. :)

Coolbilly at least to come on for the start of the second at least methinks.

The first team players stick out a mile; Goldson, Tavernier and Morelos.

No shortage of effort from the rest but always want an extra touch or their first touch lets them down. Ejaria needs to get his head up, he does the hard bit very well and then over complicates it.

Seldom troubled at the back.

Not usually one for this "all Scottish refs are against us" but it's really, really noticeable when we are reffed by one.

McCrorie and Docherty are either too eager to impress or just aren't too good (yet). Both need to calm down, pick some easy passes, get their confidence up and start playing.

Ejaria is very tidy indeed but he's lacking a cutting edge so far.

Goldson, again, is just soo comfy. Oozes class that man.

Middleton should be starting every game.

At least Madden is giving the new players an idea of the standard of refereeing they can expect this season.

Impressed with Middleton again, very direct.

Docherty looks totally devoid of confidence, his passing has been poor. Also think the young boy Bradley has been very shaky, but it’s only a friendly.

Would love to see Sadiq on for the second half.

I don’t think Docherty or McCrorie will be changing the managers mind before Thursdays game on that showing.

McCrorie and Docherty have been good off the ball, however on the ball they have both been giving the ball away constantly.
Clear to see why we have brought in more midfielders as i doubt they will start at all barring an injury crisis.

Is Rangers TV the only option for the game on Thursday?

Aye.

BT showing Burnley v the Sheep

IMG_20180727_120432.jpg

Tripolis v HIV's on Premier.

Should take Alfie off before he gets caught up in anything daft. Need to get minutes for Sadiq anyway.
Also should get some minutes for Lass and Kent and Arfield if he’s OK.

Decent first half. A few passes looking less than idea but the best thing so far is that the solid defensive display continues. This isn't our first choice team, but we need squad depth and to know we can rely on these players when it comes to the diddy teams. So far so good.

Think my RTV must be the only one that's played perfectly so far, so many folk complaining about it but I've had no issues whatsoever :D

can see why a few in that tram won't be near it when season starts .offering very little support when we break.wigan doing simple thing pass n move

Not usually one for this "all Scottish refs are against us" but it's really, really noticeable when we are reffed by one.

McCrorie and Docherty are either too eager to impress or just aren't too good (yet). Both need to calm down, pick some easy passes, get their confidence up and start playing.
We need too many touches in there and move the ball far too slowly most of the times .

Wigan a typical English solid outfit , quite physical , popping the ball around really well .

Our passing has frankly been absolutely dire .

Big Mcrorie seems to have gone backwards , I don’t know if he’s trying too hard for Gerrard but something has happened to him . He’s young and will get back to himself soon hopefully .

We may have made our defence better, however we need an improvement on forwards, too slow from midfield with a lack of a real forward line, and yes I appreciate its a friendly.

That was crap even by pre season standards.

We can't string two passesv together. McCrorie chief culprit on giving the ball away. Young Bradley is showing how much we need a CD.

Middleton looks good. The only one pushing for a place.

I wouldnt say it was crap. In the grand scheme of things these friendlies mean absolutely nothing. Could be a bit neater on the ball and of course we could play better with more energy but thats not the important thing.

We need too many touches in there and move the ball far too slowly most of the times .

Which is a concern with Ejaria tbh. He looks strong, pacey and with fantastic close control. But he needs to get his head up and release it earlier instead of trying to take it round (or through) player after player. It looks exciting but it's counter productive.

Back to normal shit Scottish refereeing. If in doubt give it to the opposition.

Every 60/40 for us is awarded to the opposition. That free kick outside their box wasn't back ten yards either, just ignore the markings on the pitch. 'Bobby'.
If Morelos had to be booked so did Vaughan, if Vaughn wasn't to be booked neither was Alfie.
The end result is a knee-high swing is punished to the same extent as handbags.
Typical "book one from each side" shitebag refereeing.

The midfield is nowhere near good enough. McCrorie isn't ready to be a first pick for us, Middleton very impressive and Candeias has had some good moments down the right. We lack a quality final ball and Morelos needs more support up front. Goldson excellent again and bailed young Bradley out a couple of times.

Hope we get a chance to see Sadiq in the 2nd half.

Defensively we are fine but midfield is weak,up front Alfredo seem isolated a lot...We give the ball away far too much for my liking...Stevie G has a lot of work to do before we get anywhere near the mhankies

Think my RTV must be the only one that's played perfectly so far, so many folk complaining about it but I've had no issues whatsoever :D
Mine is fine too.

Lots of people complaining about how we're playing but it's 0-0 and this is a makeshift team with Andy Halliday and a young centre-half in it, I'd say we're doing fine even if it's pretty shit to watch.
Docherty has been anonymous but McRorie looks fine to me and he had one fantastic tackle which was penalised only because the ref is a total wank.
Morelos is far too isolated.

This is my concern for the first game against the Sheep. Its going to be 90 miles an hour stuff with that mob kicking anything in a blue jersey. I hope the players are warned what's about to hit them.

McCrorie has been caught in possession a few times, but his work off the ball in a defensive role has been decent, he closes down well and tackles firmly.
The rest of the midfield hasn't really helped him.
Ejaria hasn't impressed me and seems to lacking awareness of movement around him.
Overall a very tasty game for a friendly.

Back