Match Thread NK Maribor v Rangers - 19:15 Thursday - Premier Sports

I think I would bring in Ross for Ryan or Ejaria just because of the yellow card.
Danny C is playing too well.
Great decision of the boss to put Danny in the middle of midfield to break things up.

A couple of our players have been below their normal level so far and we have a makeshift left back, so that was a bit less comfortable than it might have been.

I think we can win the second half

0-0 half time, so far so good (the ball hasn't been in our net). Thought Jack was a bit careless for his yellow. 45 to go come on Rangers!

Happy with that.
Been a bit nervy but it's the score line we need.
Still expect us to get the away goal, and will be shocked if they get 2 let alone 3.
Halliday doing surprisingly well.
What a save from mcgregor.
Curious to see if Gerrard makes any changes.

Not happy with so much possession given to them, its ok saying we are solid at the back but eventually they may get a break, in saying that so might we, ht welcome

it goes with the territory unless you want us committing 5 or 6 into attack. If we're not going to commit 5 or 6 in attack then eventually we're going to be outnumbered in the final third. We're winning 3-1 with 45 minutes to go! Press in the right areas. Keep shape as best we can and don't get drawn out trying to force the issue. That's their job tonight.

I logged on expecting to see negativity. You boys didn’t disappoint.

If you want to whine about anything, why is it defending? We’ve looked very solid

The disappointment is we clearly aren’t going to score.

We’ll go through 0-0 or via a 1-0 loss....or if we’re really poor in the 2nd half, we will concede 2

Fairly steady. Decent first half. Great save from Shagger. Only a couple of loose balls, but mostly we have defended reasonably well. Keep it tight again in the second half. We are 3-1 up in this game. No need to take risks.

I thought Morelos looked like end of last season Morelos there but he has started dropping back a bit and doing well near the end of the half, Murphy playing well i think linking play and carrying it forward. Nothing too scary so far defence look well organised and Gerrards tactics of murphy and candeias dropping in and not letting there midfielders dictate play much is working really well. Nervy 2nd half on the way though they are gonny put us under a lot of pressure.

We really need to get street wise in these games we get fouled no shouts from us watch other teams

For Ejarias booking the lad was rolling around as if his foot was hanging off

As soon as it was clear a card was coming, up he got and trotted off

Some refs respond to “noise”

Once again not surprised by equally bemused by some of the negative comments here. The gameplan is perfect and the execution very good so far

I'm extremely calm and in no way nervous about this second half.

giphy.gif

These yellow cards are a worry, but they look most dangerous when we lose possession with people in front of the ball. So happy to make sure we don’t over commit

Apart from a couple of hairy moments I think we have done well. Only slight concern is halliday backing off so much when they run at him until they are in a position to whip the ball in.

3/4 of the way through and still 2 up.

If we keep 11 men on the pitch we are going through.

Hard to watch but defending well. A bit concerned with the bookings going by our luck with cards so far this season. Morelos not having his best game and missed a sitter that really made it comfortable. When we get the ball we need to try and keep it for spells in the 2nd half as a few players have looked nervous on the ball in the 1st half.

Some turn around from zenit in same competition. Lost 4-0 last week currently in extra time tonight

I think towards the end of the first half they started to tire a little. They weren’t pressing and closing down all balls , I don’t think they’ll be able to keep that up for 90

Solid so far. They are putting us under pressure but we’ve coped with it quite well so far, hopefully that continues into the second half.

We need a little more going forward though. A goal for us and this tie is over.

A very professional away performance in Europe and remember nearly all our players have very little or any experience in European competition.

ok a good first half could have been a great first half had Alfie buried that chance just keep it tight and we're there

Need Morelos coming deeper a wee bit more and drawing fouls cause set pieces are looking promising for us.

Other than that, no complaints. We are looking solid. Come on Rangers!

Well, a reminder that we're not the reincarnation of Brazil 70, but we are solid and organised.
Thought the bookings affected our pressing - Ejaria was having a stormer up until he got carded.

Oh my days. We may be under the cosh and it's nerve wracking as hell. But I have got a massive smile on my face watching this.

We are away from home to a side that have been cuffing Scottish sides over the last 8 years, playing Champions League football etc, and we are producing a fantastic performance.

Just think what we were watching in the final two months of last season!!

From that to this. Our Rangers are back.

Phew halfway there but we need to play much better in the second half and given the number on yellow cards, we need to make a change. Who is on the bench?

Finding some of the comments on here a bit ridiculous to be honest. We're 3-1 up here and dealing with it absolutely fine so far. We were always going to have defending to do but we're doing it. I haven't felt nervous at all.

You should try watching the game on this thread if you want to know what nervous feels like :D

Back