Match Thread FC Ufa 1 (1) v Rangers 1 (2) - 15:00 Thursday - Rangers TV UK & Abroad

What exactly did he do,? my link went off when he made the challenge then it came back and he was given another yellow and a red.

Booted the ball away after the foul was given against him

Dissent to the Ref.

A decent ref would have warned him and crooked ref would send him off.

This has the makings of the Motherwell game written all over it. We're going to endure another half of constant pressure while not being able to play our usual passing game. It will be punts up the park followed by another wave of attack from them.

As soft as the card was, I'm raging with Morelos. Absolutely needless.

Maybe my stream went dodgy at the time of the red card, but it seemed that Morelos' "dissent" was him just raising his arm in the air towards the ref.

Is that all that happened?

Looks like Morelos has learned absolutely nothing from Pittodrie. Don’t give the officials a sniff of an excuse to book you. Yes, it’s tough but that’s why you’re paid the big bucks. No matter how talented you are and no matter how dubious your bookings are, you can’t influence the game from the dressing room. Grow up and learn quickly or get out.

The 2nd yellow from the ref was a nonsense but Morelos' petulance is costing us far too often.

I'd keep him on the bench against the tims as they'll wind him up and he's too much of a risk.

I’ve seen players tell refs to F off, refuse to walk over to them and nothing happens.

Just cause Morelos has a poor attitude doesn’t excuse a ridiculous decision

Lets get it straight here.

1. There is clearly something dodgy about the refs. Happened in this game and the home leg. I'd assume they have been bought

2. The team will know something dodgy is going on, so they should be giving away NOTHING. No big lunges in the box, no 50/50s, and certainly no giving the refs an excuse to send you off by arguing
Grow up.

He has.

Read some of the things the lad has been called.

Shameful from so called Bears.

Personal insults are wrong but the guy does lack a bit of maturity when it comes to officialdom. Hopefully Gerrard really goes to town on him and then knocks it out of him.

What exactly did he do,? my link went off when he made the challenge then it came back and he was given another yellow and a red.
Kicked the ball away then gave the ref a mouthful then continued to give him another mouthful . Stupid red card and he needs to calm down he has let his team-mates down big style

Out tonight and lose on Sunday our season is over with 4 games in.

Please somehow just get through this tonight Rangers!

These officials in the last two games have made Scottish refs look competent.

Wild mate.

Blatant corruption.

The rest of the team should go through him for that. Let he know it's them he's leaving in the shit because of his attitude. Also his dream move of the EPL is on thin ice if he can't be relied upon. Silly wee boy antics.

Lets get it straight here.

1. There is clearly something dodgy about the refs. Happened in this game and the home leg. I'd assume they have been bought

2. The team will know something dodgy is going on, so they should be giving away NOTHING. No big lunges in the box, no 50/50s, and certainly no giving the refs an excuse to send you off by arguing

This nonsense is embarrassing.

I agree Morelos was stupid and I agree he needs a rocket.

But there is no way he deserved to be sent off for that incident.

He kicked the ball away, yellow card.
But the second yellow was for dissent that happens every 5 minutes every week.

Same with ref at home - fucking dodgy bxxxxxxs the Russians :mad:

We have had no joy from a truly garbage refereeing crew first half.

Their equalising goal is clearly offside. The linesman has to get that right.

The foul given against Morelos wasn't even a foul, but kicking the ball away in petulance is just daft. So, deserved yellow.

However, a wee wave of his arm does not warrant another yellow. That is ridiculous.

Poor decision making and poor game management have been prominent in most of our games . This aswell as poor discipline is costing us big time .

99% of refs don't give a second yellow there. Unfortunately we have the 1% that does. I'm a huge Morelos fan but he needs to be a lot smarter than that. Speak to the ref, take the yellow and walk away.

it was odd the ref flashed the yellow at him twice during the same stoppage in play for dissent?

I've never seen that before.

Exactly.
Not exactly smart stuff from the boy but to have him drawn and quartered for a highly unusual situation where the ref couldn’t wait is overly harsh for me here.

No chance was that a foul. It’s not basketball ffs. You are allowed to put your shoulder to shoulder like he did. The ref gave a shit free kick then rightly booked Morelos for dissent but I have NEVER seen a player done for dissent then booked instantly again for back chatting. Ridiculous red.

Then their goal was the easiest offside of all time to see.

We have been shafted over two legs versus this lot. Russians never play with a fair deck so can’t say I’m surprised.
He never got sent off for the foul, he got sent off for being a dissent.

Tav played them both onside. face reality.

Ok regroup at half time and don’t concede 2 goals, I’d happily take an away goal route the the group stages if that’s what’s needed, let’s go stevies warriors

Another bought ref.
Never seen 2 yellows dished out like that.
Not even for a foul and decent.

What constitutes an act of decent.
Of I punch the ground twice, is that 2 yellows?

No. It isn't.
This is a través. By a thick ref. The two fouls against Rangers in the first 15 SECONDS prove that.

Cheating bastards.

HEAD UP BÚFALO.

He was booked for kicking the ball away and then for gobbing off at the ref. 100% self inflicted wound in a game we should have been cruising. An early goal and we are in real bother. 10 men forced to sit deep and we are in real bother. We are in the box seat but this tie could get away from us if we do not play smart. Morelos was not smart.

Every single player in the world moans at a referee after getting booked for a soft foul.

Corrupt as %^*& never in a million years should there be a second yellow.

Unbelievable.

No offence but that's utter bollocks.

Booked for booting the ball away, then refused to go to the referee when asked so he could get booked and then the third thing obviously said something to him.

Hardly cheating or corrupt.

He gave the ref no choice.

An absolute liability at times.

If we go out his selfish behaviour will have cost us millions of ££s.

Balls should be booted from there to Govan.

Thought. This guy. Arfield was supposed to be a competitive midfielder.? He's done absolutely nothing but wave his hands about as if he's Peter Grant.

Just sell him to the Chinese for £10 million and reinvest in a couple of established quality players. This will not be the last controversy, tantrum, or completely stupid action on Morelos's part - I would wager another incident in the near future. Cut our losses, pocket the £10 million and move on.

Back