Match Thread FC Ufa 1 (1) v Rangers 1 (2) - 15:00 Thursday - Rangers TV UK & Abroad

Calmed down a wee bit now.

2 utterly stupid yellows for Alfie, but all this ‘sell him’ is just nonsense.

He plays on the edge, some players do the majority don’t but that’s his make-up.

Gerrard should boot his baws for being so stupid and then we move on.

WATP

There’s another goal in this is we are clinical on the counter attack. We’ve not been clinical enough so far, especially that first 20 mins, when we could’ve put the tie to bed.

We all knew Morelos’ petulance could cost us and it might today. I’d hope he has a long long spell on the bench or dropped completely from a couple of squads to teach him a lesson.

We look vulnerable at the back here, only Katic is playing well.

Never deserving of a red card, and anyone saying otherwise and having a go at Morelos can fu(k right off imo.

Their goal was also clearly offside as well so .... ehhhhhh, let's not blame the linesman? Fu(k it, let's blame Tav.

Morelos needs his baws booting, the refs a tit, but he should know better. We need to tighten it up down our left, they are ripping us a new one, and we must stop defending so deeply.

Alfie needs to take a good hard long look at himself and think about what he’s done. His petulant behaviour was embarrassing and he may have cost a place in the group stage.

How is he going to cope on Sunday?

Kicking the ball away is a yellow.

Dissent is a yellow.
Is that right, aye?
So if I don't like a foul and punch the ground twice. I get two yellows.
I'm sure you'll show me 2 examples of this happening in say 50 years?
And we can move on?
I see a lot of mentally challengeds claiming that's a red.
That's enough for me.

From us coasting and looking comfortable to now being under the cosh. Hopefully Gerrard can sort them out at halftime and steady the ship. The last 15mins of the 1st half was like Motherwell all over again. Constantly giving the ball away and sitting too deep.

45mins to see this out, come on Rangers.

Of course not.

Why on earth would a red card in Europa League qualifying count for a Scottish League game?

That's why I asked. Heard them (commentary) mention something about Morelos missing Sunday and thought WTF??

Alfie should get his arse booted for that. Tavernier IMO to blame for the goal by playing them onside. Does he not see or hear what's round about him ffs

Tav was too busy shouting and pointing at someone in midfield to spot the pass or to move up with the rest of the line. He has the awareness of a fucking earthworm at times.

Fine margins.

If Ejaria had put that second chance away (the lay off from Morelos) - we'd be coasting through.
They then go up the park and score, Morelos sent off and we were hanging on there at the end of the first half.

Our midfield needs to get a grip on this game. Jack and Arfield have been anonymous.

Was never a foul to begin with and then the ref followed the lead of the opposition player to have Morelos booked for his stupid decision of kicking the ball away.
Any so called rangers fan calling Morelos a prick needs a ban .
Goal was clearly offside

Morelos, grow up, in Europe referees don't take that sort of shit.

Surely that message will get home now.

I just hope it does not cost us today.

Simmer down ffs. Morelos is a fantastic forward who let's his temper get the better of him. "I've never rated him" and "Sell him tomorrow he's pish" absolute garbage.

Fix his mentality and we have a sublime player here.

Aye he's badly let us down there and he needs his baws utterly booted for it. But let's drop the revisionist nonsense lads.

Lafferty and McCrorie on soonish for me, get some physicality in there and calm the %^*& down.

What exactly did he do,? my link went off when he made the challenge then it came back and he was given another yellow and a red.

it looks like it went

- shoulders their man off the ball
- foul given (imo not a foul)
- morelos kicked the ball away
- morelos then complains about decision
- ref goes to linesman, comes back to morelos and shows yellow card twice in same motion & then red

Gonna be a nervy as %^*& watch now. Think we will still go through but they should have made it 2-1 there with that header.

The boy who scored for them is causing loads of problems. Flanagan always caught on the backfoot

Enough with the conspiracy crap. Ref was well within his rights with the sending off, Morelos fucked up and has let the team down. Don't envy him the bollocking he's going to get from the gaffer though.

This has the makings of the Motherwell game written all over it. We're going to endure another half of constant pressure while not being able to play our usual passing game. It will be punts up the park followed by another wave of attack from them.

As soft as the card was, I'm raging with Morelos. Absolutely needless.

Afraid of the same, we're gonna sit in deep and I can see us conceding at least one more...

I hope I'm wrong.

So now we have corrupt German officials? this place is embarrassing sometimes. Face reality

Captain played two of them onside, they scored
Morelos gave away a soft foul, kicked the ball away, yellow, mouthed off to the referee, 2nd yellow.

That's the reality.
No, it's a New World Order conspiracy theory. Alfie did nothing wrong. Ref's a Celtic fan and all that. Everyone who doesn't think it is a conspiracy theory is a Celtic fan too. Place is reeking etc etc

We're denied two penalties in the first leg.

Ufa have an offside goal allowed to stand.

And now a double yellow for that.

Something a bit fishy here, no?

And did I hear right that this ref is Ukranian? FFS.
Just seen a clip of their goal.
It looks like Tavernier’s heel is playing him on.

I actually do think the ref for the first leg was at it. A truly appalling refereeing display and I really do have my suspicions. I said it at the time. Clearly a Pole with a love of mother Russia at the very least but I smell a stink about it.

It’s hardly beyond the realms to think of Russians cheating or resorting to bribery.

That's why I asked. Heard them (commentary) mention something about Morelos missing Sunday and thought WTF??

Yeah must have wires crossed somewhere, if we went out it would be carried forward to the next season in whichever UEFA tournament.

ref couldnt wait to send him off when have you ever seen two yellows for what he got sent off for.the officials are at it again.

Anyone know why Morelos got 2 bookings for that? I can only assume somethings happened that RTV didn't pick up.

That or yet more shite refereeing

Looked to me that he was going to get a yellow for kicking the ball away, the ref called him over to book him,he waved his hand in disgust, the ref then flashed 2 yellows and a red.

I've never seen that happen in 40 years of watching football. I've seen a yellow shown,then a show of dissent, then another yellow and the red, but not what's happened there today.

He's a man child unfortunately with no anger control. Regardless of what he did or didn't say to the ref you need to act professionally. He didn't and now could have cost us not only in the EL but will make his team mates job much harder for Sunday as they'll have to work twice as hard.

Back