Villerreal allocation

how many tickets will we be allocated for this ?

5% is 1200, but it’s been suggested that they have given away teams around 2000 previously. Hopefully they don’t see us as a big draw and give us more than that.

how many tickets will we be allocated for this ?

S

Liverpool got 2000 odd 2 years ago

The away section is on the upper tier behind the goal built after we played in 2006

villa1.jpg

Away section holds 1300 however there's another section that holds 750ish. It depends on how much of a draw we are to them and how serious they are taking the competition imo. We could do with more tbh.

S

Liverpool got 2000 odd 2 years ago

The away section is on the upper tier behind the goal built after we played in 2006

villa1.jpg

What bit were we in before? The corner at top right of the picture, below new away end?

What bit were we in before? The corner at top right of the picture, below new away end?

in the picture

Yes we had part of the corner the light yellow section and part of the stand with Villarreal on it

€60 euro in the corner stand was €75 were the prices I was €75

Away section holds 1300 however there's another section that holds 750ish. It depends on how much of a draw we are to them and how serious they are taking the competition imo. We could do with more tbh.

In 2006 we got around 2000-2200 from memory official and that was a CL last 16 match

A death trap to get in and out of.

The new Away tier doesn’t fill me with much confidence. Makes the piggery look refined.

Wishful thinking here but it Would be great to know the numbers on all the points

I asked Boumsong that but he couldn’t be of any assistance, the SLO didn’t know either. It’s hard to guess what the current situation is to be honest. A lot of guys will be new to the TC either last season or this season, some folk still have historical points from as far back as 2010/2011, so it’s hard to judge.

If someone applies for a ticket via TC and pays for it, do they still get the point if the ticket isn’t uplifted? I’m sure this was touted as a way for people to build points for other matches? Just wondering if this has already led to people building points this season?

If someone applies for a ticket via TC and pays for it, do they still get the point if the ticket isn’t uplifted? I’m sure this was touted as a way for people to build points for other matches? Just wondering if this has already led to people building points this season?

Pretty sure you have to collect ticket in person on the day of the match. If you don’t you lose out on the point but still have to pay. Perhaps even lose a point.

You need to collect the ticket to get the point.

The potential for crushing was huge last time.

It’s narrow streets and where the buses parked didn’t allow for the crowd to flow in steadily.

It was a bit of a shambles, amplified by the usual Spanish policing policies.

I hope Greg and the club work hard to get things right and leave the only issue outstanding as the Spanish Police.

Stuff like leaving Valencia on the official day trip and getting parked what felt like a mile away, the stadium and lane swarmed with bears, with less than an hour to kick off was just daft.

Just remembered, ‘Yessh theees is okkay’ said local tour guide as bus stopped for a pee on hard shoulder. Baton charged there as well. On reflection feels like a setup.

I was there last time we played, it was fcuking carnage. Must have been 10,000 bears there, brutal trying to get in.
Was awful the last time narrow lane was a death trap trying to get in not helped by mounted plod swinging batons indiscriminately,previous couple of nights was running battles in Benidorm again started by plod for no reason.Unfortunatly i don't see this time being any different.

I was there last time going this time too it was an absolute nightmare getting into ground we were literally round the corner from the ground in a bar left an hour before kick off massive crush on narrow street to get in Spanish police on horses one end and both sides with batons entrance was like a lock up garage intermittently pulled up to let some fans in which led unbeknown to the bottom of a stairwell nobody knew or could see where we were going dark dingy hole kept thinking about Hillsboro leppings lane tunnel entrance it was scarey hopefully it’s different now not trying to put people off but it’s a pretty vivid memory everybody was extremely inebriated Spanish police were awful as usual villareal is not a fan friendly environment of course once you get on all trauma dissipates and you get behind the team on the usual manner lovenkrands scored mayhem all around the ground atmosphere was electric oh and they didn’t check a single ticket

The potential for crushing was huge last time.

It’s narrow streets and where the buses parked didn’t allow for the crowd to flow in steadily.

It was a bit of a shambles, amplified by the usual Spanish policing policies.
I was absolutely steaming and couldn't remember anything but I had a vague memory of being crushed like feck then felt a pain in my calves.

The next day I had a massive bruise on each leg so assume i got a baton or two off of them. Scum.

I was there last time going this time too it was an absolute nightmare getting into ground we were literally round the corner from the ground in a bar left an hour before kick off massive crush on narrow street to get in Spanish police on horses one end and both sides with batons entrance was like a lock up garage intermittently pulled up to let some fans in which led unbeknown to the bottom of a stairwell nobody knew or could see where we were going dark dingy hole kept thinking about Hillsboro leppings lane tunnel entrance it was scarey hopefully it’s different now not trying to put people off but it’s a pretty vivid memory everybody was extremely inebriated Spanish police were awful as usual villareal is not a fan friendly environment of course once you get on all trauma dissipates and you get behind the team on the usual manner lovenkrands scored mayhem all around the ground atmosphere was electric oh and they didn’t check a single ticket

One of the many problems last time there,was that the official tickets had a wax security feature built into the ticket.If you put a lighter under the ticket and it was genuine,it withstood the flame from the lighter.If your ticket was a forgery,it went up in smoke when they put the lighter to it.The big issue was,rather than doing the ticket screening at the end of the street,they did it right up at the turnstiles and if you got denied entry you had to push through the crowd,it was absolute carnage...eventually when they deemed the ground was full,they pulled down the shutters and folk were literally throwing themselves under the shutters to try and get in...the whole stadium was in a warren of cramped streets.

We were in the corner section and I'm sure you had to go up the lane and the turn right to get to the turnstile. The crushing was very bad and if you tried to get out of the way you were likely to get a wallop from a baton.

It was a total shambles and apparently that was quite common there

One of the many problems last time there,was that the official tickets had a wax security feature built into the ticket.If you put a lighter under the ticket and it was genuine,it withstood the flame from the lighter.If your ticket was a forgery,it went up in smoke when they put the lighter to it.The big issue was,rather than doing the ticket screening at the end of the street,they did it right up at the turnstiles and if you got denied entry you had to push through the crowd,it was absolute carnage...eventually when they deemed the ground was full,they pulled down the shutters and folk were literally throwing themselves under the shutters to try and get in...the whole stadium was in a warren of cramped streets.
I was in the queue (if that's what you could call it) when they pulled the shutters down. It was as you say carnage

Had ticket for Rangers section but was bevvied and got in fine and found out I was in Villarreal section about half way line. Sat down in a seat and no one came for it. Bears all around and when we scored the place went mental all over. Must have been up to 10k inside. Thousands back down in Benidorm watching on tv. Heard all the horror stories next day. One of the doors got kicked in just so fans could get in, people diving through gaps to get in, guys being taking aside by cops and doing runners etc.
RFC said there were no bars in town for fans... we found one early on and sat there for hours.

I had a Rangers end ticket last time as was on the travel club day trip, but somehow managed to find myself in the home end. Rangers fans all over the place anyway. I'm sure the travel club buses arrived in Villarreal with not much time to spare before kick off, after being in Valencia in the afternoon.

I had a Rangers end ticket last time as was on the travel club day trip, but somehow managed to find myself in the home end. Rangers fans all over the place anyway. I'm sure the travel club buses arrived in Villarreal with not much time to spare before kick off, after being in Valencia in the afternoon.
Yeah, the travel club trip was based in Valencia,the buses were the last to arrive in Villareal,we were parked well away from the ground.By the time we walked to the stadium ,it was absolute chaos.There was zero organisation,up there with the worst I’ve seen.
Not returning this time,will just do Moscow and Vienna.

Yeah, the travel club trip was based in Valencia,the buses were the last to arrive in Villareal,we were parked well away from the ground.By the time we walked to the stadium ,it was absolute chaos.There was zero organisation,up there with the worst I’ve seen.
Not returning this time,will just do Moscow and Vienna.

My thoughts also. Can just imagine chaos in Villareal again.

Was there last time on the TC day trip, think in hindsight the buses leaving from Valencia in the afternoon was a mistake , should’ve just went there from airport

Small stadium / tight location and not able to handle huge away support and the notoriously Spanish police / riot squads,

I think it will go more smoothly this time , will be less build up / not as big travelling support given the short notice and the make or break nature of qualification for the next round at stake as was last time plus the early kick off time

I see sport options day trip are just going straight to Villareal , I’d expect TC to do likewise , especially with kick off time

This is why you used to have to provide the travel club with proof of travel itenery.

My brother and I are on 3 points having went to Progres, Shkupi and Osijek, so hopefully we have enough to get an official away ticket from Rangers.

RFC said there were no bars in town for fans... we found one early on and sat there for hours.

I know Spain is bad so don't excuse plods behaviour at all.
But I can understand the club giving out this info.
It's a wee town with 50,000 inhabitants.
And Rangers stroll up to add 20% on to the population for the day.

Said 20% would probably drink at least a days worth of booze for the whole town. If not a weeks!

This is why you used to have to provide the travel club with proof of travel itenery.
No. You used to have to provide an itinerary when they sent you out the tickets. Far too easy to photo shop or edit in paint.
So they changed that to collection in person in the city of the event.

Last time in Villarreal i done the sport options overnighter (they supplied a home end ticket.) We were supposed to fly into Valencia on the morning of the game but got to Glasgow airport to be told it had changed to Alicante then a 3 hour bus journey, by the time we got to valencia, put the bags in the hotel we made it to villareal within an hour of kick off and missed the full day atmosphere, worst trip I've ever done.

How many fans do you think we'll take and how easy will it be to get a ticket in the home end? There is a group of us going but I'm not in the travel club so might just stay in Benidorm and watch it in the boozer if its going to be too much hassle :D

5% is 1200, but it’s been suggested that they have given away teams around 2000 previously. Hopefully they don’t see us as a big draw and give us more than that.
No chance Bro they'll remember our last visit,one of our members got swept into the ground, we had no tickets.

How many fans do you think we'll take and how easy will it be to get a ticket in the home end? There is a group of us going but I'm not in the travel club so might just stay in Benidorm and watch it in the boozer if its going to be too much hassle :D
Wouldn’t be surprised if 10,000 went if I don’t get a ticket I’m staying in Benidorm villareal is a shithole 3 hours there 3 hrs back waste if your stuck outside ground but last time there was plenty in all around the ground it was great atmosphere something special pretty sure they’ll be tickets to be had by hook or by crook

Back