It just isn't acceptable - women commentating on men’s football

A wummin commentating on men's fitba'!

I had to mute the Burnley v Huddersfield game on MOTD :(

BBC...get them tae ****!!!!
i really dont mean it in a sexist way. but, football is just one of those sports where it should have men for the mens game and women for the womens game. i dont watch tourist football but i do remember a few years back i did watch a game on match of the day very briefly while channel hopping and there was this women commentating while screaming with a ridiculous high pitched voice. was this her mate tonight?

I think there was some of law passed earlier in the year that you have to have a woman commentator/pundit in any live sports broadcast or highlights as they’ve appeared everywhere from football to cricket to the NFL in the last 6 months. I don’t think any of them got the job because they were good at it.

Get them to fu*k into the kitchen and get the tea on.:p
255l1fn.jpg

Bbc sport scene today

Scott McDonald, Steven Thompson, and two creepy looking bints who stuttered and stumbled their way through that shambles.

Saw a bit of that when I was looking for a couple of scores. Did anyone notice they actually showed highlights of the two women's games ? A farce. Barely a few dozen spectators at one and maybe twenty at the other on the public park at Stirling Uni.

The goal they showed against Stirling was like something at a badly coached primary school game...two Hibs forwards shouting and pointing where they wanted the ball for a full five seconds and still no sign of the opposing defence...in on goal with no-one bar a keeper to be seen...o_O

This game had apparently been shown on BBC Alba. A fvckin nonsense when they could be covering 2nd or 1st League games...or even Juniors.

Can't understand the need to shovel it up when no cvnt is even going to see it in the flesh. Always reminds me of the women's world champions being handed their arses by MLS Dallas' under-15 boys team...think it was 5-2 and 5-0 until the lads team had made about half a dozen changes. Time to keep it all separate and let it survive under it's own merits.

To be honest I couldn't care less. Nowadays there is not a single commentator on spfl short of the odd Marvin Andrews RTV appearance that I want to listen to. At least when Hayley McQueen is on I can pretend to the wife I'm not masturbating over the gaffer.

I thought she was decent. Far better than that Vicky Sparks who sounds like she's trying to squeeze a melon out of her back passage.

Like the makes versions, some are good and some are bad. Although, the bad ones are nowhere near as bad as the worst make commentators/pundits.

I dont mind alex scott I think she is actually decent at being a pundit but the rest of the woman pundits/commentators are brutal to listen to.

i really dont mean it in a sexist way. but, football is just one of those sports where it should have men for the mens game and women for the womens game. i dont watch tourist football but i do remember a few years back i did watch a game on match of the day very briefly while channel hopping and there was this women commentating while screaming with a ridiculous high pitched voice. was this her mate tonight?

I am more interested in a non bias view regardless of gender unless they are the new add on genders of course then they can be told where to go :D

Generally not a fan of female football commentators, especially or overly biased male ones.

Don’t mind them presenting. It’s when they’re on the so called expert panel that winds me up. Women’s football is an entirely different level than the professional men’s game.

Wee Tam from the Juniors is probably more qualified to pass comment but no, the football associations are trying to push the women’s game as it’s an untapped source of revenue.

Last edited:
So it’s a woman, ffs who cares. If she knows what she’s talking about then she’s already an improvement over Sutton and Hartson.

Plenty of opportunities for women on TV 'bake-off', strictly, loose women (which would be hounded if it was a male panel) etc.

When it comes to commentating on football games the tendency for women to shout into the mike in an attempt to sound 'authoritative ' is something I personally find intensely annoying. Don't mind their participation on panels so much, but given the gulf in standards between the men and women's games it is impossible to take their views seriously against those of men that have played at the highest levels.

Wonder how some of our female members of FF feel when they read posts like the OPs.

Vast majority of women probably couldn't care less. Ultimately it depends on perspective. My Mrs hates the BBC's pre-0ccupation with political correctness as much as me. FFS this is the station that has judges on strictly criticise dancers for poor 'arm extension' whilst simultaneously pretending an amputee should be judged to the same standard. There's nothing wrong with diversity provided we are not asked to dismiss reality.

How the Fock is it political correctness to have a women commentate on a game? The only qualifications you should need are an ability to speak well and describe what you see.

I bet some of you have daughters as well. Do you bring them up to believe they are inferior to men? What about the women that have been going to the games most of their lives? Not allowed an opinion on what they watch?

How the Fock is it political correctness to have a women commentate on a game? The only qualifications you should need are an ability to speak well and describe what you see.

I bet some of you have daughters as well. Do you bring them up to believe they are inferior to men? What about the women that have been going to the games most of their lives? Not allowed an opinion on what they watch?

If the number of women commentators was proportionate to the numbers of women attending games regularly, then Zi could live with that, but it isn't. It's 'positive discrimination' in accord with the beebs gender balance crusade.

My daughter works in television.

I'm used to women commentating, mostly the wife and usually on m. Fat c@nt, greedy bast#rd, lazy twat.

Back