The January window

frankieboy

Do you think we'll be busy?
We have enough in the middle of the park,cover at the back,possibly a striker short but apart from that I think we're good,thoughts?

Can’t see a lot of movement personally

Maybe another striker
But we are covered for numbers unless someone leaves or the gaffer and MA find someone to improve the 11

Kind of worried that Alfie may have rattled a few cages of late.While I would not welcome it, I suspect that a number of 'endangered'EPL teams might see him as their possible salvation and may be prepared to dip into their vast wealth(unjustified in my opinion)to ensure their safety.Paying #10-15 million is chicken feed to some clubs in England when you consider that his ability would make more likely that they would continue to receive #100 million or so.

I'd imagine it will come down to our position in terms of Europe, the league and cups. If we are still in Europe and right there in the league title race, then I could see one, maybe two, quality additions - probably in an attacking position.

Morelos picks up a knock and we are in trouble as Lafferty just doesn't posses the same qualities, especially on a weekly basis.

We've still got Grezda to come in, hopefully he can make an impact after the international break.

I’d like Bosmans secured.

Not sure who is out of contract apart from Wallace but I’d imagine we’d inform them they aren’t needed.

Can’t see us selling (key players) unless we’re out of Europe and it’s a mental bid.

Would like a striker in to help as sadiq hasn’t done it yet.

This team are learning and getting better with each passing game, if we are in a good position going into January then I don’t see the need to bring anyone in.

Providing no long term injuries of course

No wish to send thread off course in a very negative direction - but I can see the mentally challengeds strengthening in january

All the more reason for us to take as many points right now till the end of the year & also be prepared to spend wisely if necessary in january

I'd like to think we could take advantage if the right player - who would improve us & add value - came along

If they don't come along - then we shouldn't bother - not that I'd expect SG to just make up the numbers

One thing I'd like to see - is preparation or setting the ground work - for converting loan deals into permanent moves (with the possible exception of Sadiq) in january if possible

I'd imagine it will come down to our position in terms of Europe, the league and cups. If we are still in Europe and right there in the league title race, then I could see one, maybe two, quality additions - probably in an attacking position.

Morelos picks up a knock and we are in trouble as Lafferty just doesn't posses the same qualities, especially on a weekly basis.

We've still got Grezda to come in, hopefully he can make an impact after the international break.
Harsh on Lafferty. He would be a more than able replacement if Morelos was out. We do need a 3rd option though.

Lee and Gareth are the only two players (excluding loans of course) who have contracts ending in the summer, you'd imagine the club will be happy to let both go.

Barring any more long term injuries, or being able to acquire one player who would instantly become our best, I don't imagine we'll see much movement at all either way, including contract renewals.

He’s 900k on Transfermarket.com KGR but I think we would probably be 1.5-2.0m in reality ?
He’s already scored his first goal for Croatia at 19.
Their fees are not always reliable your estimation is closer to being correct i would imagine id like to see us go back in for Elvir Kojic in January he signed for a romanian team in the summer and is banging them in

This might not happen in January but we still need a real quality centre mid, someone with a real vision for through balls and who is extremely comfortable on the ball.

I know they dont come cheap.

Their fees are not always reliable your estimation is closer to being correct i would imagine id like to see us go back in for Elvir Kojic in January he signed for a romanian team in the summer and is banging them in

I liked that guy too. Very good in the air. What do you think for him ? 1.0-1.5m ?

This might not happen in January but we still need a real quality centre mid, someone with a real vision for through balls and who is extremely comfortable on the ball.

I know they dont come cheap.

If you look to next season I would also add a box to box midfielder Recoba.
For these games v the tough guys like Livi a bit of extra energy would help. Esp as we don’t know if we are keeping Coulibaly but even if not just to have more squad depth.

I think Ivanusec can supply those other qualities you speak of.

I'd like to see a midfielder with Flanagan's steel brought in, someone in the KT mould would be perfect.

Cover for CF is a must as an injury to Morales would be disasterous with Lafferty the only other CF.

I think it'll be 1-2 players in at most unless we get more injuries.

We're in a good position now with a solid squad, anybody that comes in has to be serious quality and a fair upgrade on what we have (or replacement if one goes for big bucks).

Do you think we'll be busy?
We have enough in the middle of the park,cover at the back,possibly a striker short but apart from that I think we're good,thoughts?

I hope we are busy. I think a couple of things need addressed.

Lb/Rb
Cb
Cm
St

I fully expect Wallace to leave at the end of this season, so I'd like to see us either buy or pre-contract a young promising lb/rb, or even one in their mid twenties at a similar level to Wallace.

I think pre-contracting a CB is important as well.

I don't think any of us know who the midfielder is or what exactly his position will be, but I believe we need a cm that is a cut above the rest, and that he is out there somewhere. Don't care if he's 32 and playing out his days, as long as he wants to play with us, and gets us on the edge of our seats the moment he comes on the park. Someone we have confidence can change a game like the livi one. I think that's a missing piece of the puzzle.

Finally a striker, happy to see youth come through to take sadiq's place (gutted about him), but we will need someone who can fill morelos boots.

I think January will not be so much about strengthening (apart from possibly replacing Sadiq) but it'll be not losing our current players who are performing.

I also agree with the thought that Celtic will try and strengthen. Therefore we need to win the old firm game at Ibrox before that happens to really keep the pressure on.

Nah. Hopefully not.

We have a very solid squad, we need to move into a position where we add 2 or 3 in the 3 million bracket in the summer and up what we have again.

A lot of January business tends to means awful summer business, see last season as a case and point.

Send McCrorie out on loan if he is no where near the 1st team as he wont develop by sitting on the bench each week.

I think we will see a few shocks but it needs to happen for the team to grow. M/A will be hunting some gems as we speak . Big money in will be good for our clubs future as well.

No wish to send thread off course in a very negative direction - but I can see the mentally challengeds strengthening in january

All the more reason for us to take as many points right now till the end of the year & also be prepared to spend wisely if necessary in january

I'd like to think we could take advantage if the right player - who would improve us & add value - came along

If they don't come along - then we shouldn't bother - not that I'd expect SG to just make up the numbers

One thing I'd like to see - is preparation or setting the ground work - for converting loan deals into permanent moves (with the possible exception of Sadiq) in january if possible
I think it’s safe to assume that they will add, so it’s imperative we give our all every match and try to get ahead of them.

If S/G did come out and say every player is for sale we've got a few players waiting to come in the door.

Lee and Gareth are the only two players (excluding loans of course) who have contracts ending in the summer, you'd imagine the club will be happy to let both go.

Barring any more long term injuries, or being able to acquire one player who would instantly become our best, I don't imagine we'll see much movement at all either way, including contract renewals.
Still think big Gareth can be our Davie Weir.:)

I would like us to secure Kent, he is becoming good. I had doubts about him but he is a real handful and if Grezda lives up to the hype, them two on the wings will run teams ragged with middleton and candeias available off the bench can provide constant pace and runs at a teams defensive for the entire 90 should we choose. I think a replacement for Sadiq, and possibly a midfielder but we have dorrans, Rossiter still to return. If anything I would like anyone that is not within the scope of our team moved on and wages freed to enable further improvement of our starting 11

I'm assuuming - perhaps wrongly - that we keep all of our current squad till summer at least

I wouldn't expect any of our loanees to return - again apart from Sadiq - & to the best of my knowledge they're all on loan contracts with us till summer ?

If we get mega-bucks offers for our permanent players in january - we'll need to have quality replacements in mind, lined up, or have most of the window time wise, to find them - loosing any player close to the last day will be a nightmare

Replacements will also take a bedding in period going into the new year - so I hope we don't have any outgoings in January

Back