Steven MacLean tells Caixinha to stop with the mind games and 'worry about stopping leaks'

What an wholly inappropriate and OTT response to a nothing comment from Pedro which will have been teed up by these clowns in the mhedia.

It's not the sanitised part of the game reporting I get fed up of,it's the bias of the mhedia,and the willingness of ex Glasgow Rangers players to think it is trendy to forget who used to pay their wages,and have a dig or go at our club,manager,players.i.m.o.

It is like it is all planned that whatever Pedro says someone has a go. Just like that team last season that targetted Hazard in turns.

In many ways I agree. Pedro talks too much. Concentrate on your own team. He told us Aberdeen were at the end of their cycle, he explained Celtic tactics to journalists days before our heaviest ever defeat to them.

In many ways I agree. Pedro talks too much. Concentrate on your own team. He told us Aberdeen were at the end of their cycle, he explained Celtic tactics to journalists days before our heaviest ever defeat to them.

Holy %^*& what chance has he got with folk like you believing everything you read in the papers and taking things out of context.

Looks like he has been led up the garden path by the journalist on this one.

In a nutshell. There’s been an agenda against Pedro ever since he was appointed because the “media” in this Country were upset the job didn’t go to a Scot.

Journalists used to report the news. Now they make it.

Incredible that Pedro has got a bite from an interview and article that was published on the Rangers website.

If the shoe fits MacLean, wear it.

In this case he has merely said that Morton play in the same style as St Johnstone. I struggle to see what the issue is.

For someone who claims to be not bothered he has an awful lot to say for himself!

Sounds like the papers have tried to make a story out of very little and he has risen to the bait.

Hopefully Rangers turn up on Friday and show them who their daddy is.

Similar to Morton....
Aye...if you score 3 or more against us numb nuts, you've reached the same level as Morton. Red neck if you fall short...Steve 'bhoy'?

Welcome to another edition of let’s turn Caixinha’s comments into a negative, yet another not so bright footballer being lead by the nose to create a headline.

Ahh the cessation of the international break, the freeing up of the column inches and the dearth of things to talk about on the Open lines etc.

I was waiting for the first pop at pedro article, nice to see it was right on cue.

‘Secretly we use it in the dressing room to shove ourselves on and to try and finish as high up the league as possible.

Secretly apart from everyone that reads the article. What a dick.

What a fucking idiot. Pedro says he played a bounce game to prepare for Friday and that's somehow 'mind games' ?

MacLean wouldn't understand what mind games are if he tried.

That is honestly one of the most bizarre responses I have ever read to some innocuous comments.

A reek of desperation to tell a journalist how offended he is about....thingmy.

Why don't MacLean and all the other no marks stop hiding behind Pedro's remarks and admit what we all know? That they will raise their game 100% run through brick walls and kick anything that moves for one reason and one reason only - we are Rangers.

Really really perplexing comments truth be told.

A common trait among players, and in this case a failed former player.
He must be learning well from bitter people like that Ferguson and Boyd

He sees this as something to get his knickers in a fankle over , really?

Nah not having it , it's an attempt to twist things in order to get a reaction from his team mates.

Fair enough but why be so transparent about it.

Hope we give them a doing .

Pedro is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

If he doesn't say anything that could be remotely construed as offensive , it will be manufactured any way .

Fucking dumplings the lot of them .

Its just another example of a completely innocuous comment from Pedro being twisted to make it look as if he's disrespecting the opposition, when its the opposite.

They've did it since the day he arrived.

"I think Morton play in a similar way to Rangers, with more or less the same philosophy."

Stop for a second and imagine the utter meltdown in this place if any other manager said that? Christ, imagine if Rodgers said it ahead of a game against them?

I think people are also overestimating how much Maclean is "offended" here. Just playing the game and drumming up a bit of drama before the match.

Last edited:
What is so wrong with what he said? Is MacLean that precious he gets offended by every comment.

BTW, interview done and article penned by the same guy who wrote this after our last visit to McDiarmid Park

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1053643/pedro-caixinha-rangers-john-terry-chelsea/

Is this the same Colin Duncan as mentioned below?

A SPECIAL paving stone has been unveiled at the entrance to Celtic Park to honour the efforts of the ´Celts for Change´ group. Five supporters formed the group back in 1993 in a bid to challenge the frustrations that fans were feeling towards the direction the club were heading in.

Brendan Sweeney, Colin Duncan, Matt McGlone, David Cunningham and John Thompson were the original members whose efforts helped bring vital change to the club, with Fergus McCann taking over and saving the club in March 1994.

Is this the same Colin Duncan as mentioned below?

A SPECIAL paving stone has been unveiled at the entrance to Celtic Park to honour the efforts of the ´Celts for Change´ group. Five supporters formed the group back in 1993 in a bid to challenge the frustrations that fans were feeling towards the direction the club were heading in.

Brendan Sweeney, Colin Duncan, Matt McGlone, David Cunningham and John Thompson were the original members whose efforts helped bring vital change to the club, with Fergus McCann taking over and saving the club in March 1994.

good find, another bitter Crash Barrier

Look forward to seeing Rangers win in Perth and MOH can run around hugging all his buddies in St. j dressing room after the game

That's the only business st. J will be taking care of hugs for MOH

As much as it’s a bizarre response over nothing by McLean I find it quite sinister the way everyone in the media pounces on everything Pedro says. I know everyone says the best way to shut them up is to win games but even if we started doing that consistently and putting in a challenge they’ll find something else to slaughter Pedro for.

So MacLean bites at a comment that he says has been made purely to get a reaction. Slightly ironic is it not, by reacting does that not mean that Pedro has already got one up in the perceived mind game??

It looks like he's taken it with the context it should be and is making light of it in the main.

He'll have been asked about it in the interview and has responded, no big deal. We go out on Friday and try and beat them, that's it.

Pedro could say It’s to be a nice day tomorrow and people would still manage
To take it the wrong way and have a pop at the man.the media in Scotland have it in for him this is very clear
Let’s get the win and shut them up.WATP

People love to look for offence in almost every comment these days. Tit.

On yourself, Pedro.

1-4, to The Rangers on Friday.

"I think Morton play in a similar way to Rangers, with more or less the same philosophy."

Stop for a second and imagine the utter meltdown in this place if any other manager said that? Christ, imagine if Rodgers said it ahead of a game against them?

I think people are also overestimating how much Maclean is "offended" here. Just playing the game and drumming up a bit of drama before the match.

You're digging for problems here. There is absolutely nothing wrong or controversial about what he's said – he's not comparing Morton and St J on quality, just saying they play similar style in terms of formations/tactics.

You have to have a special kind of mind to misconstrue that.

In a nutshell. There’s been an agenda against Pedro ever since he was appointed because the “media” in this Country were upset the job didn’t go to a Scot.

Journalists used to report the news. Now they make it.

Not necessarily a Scot, Wright isn't Scottish, just that one of their pals didn't get the job, compounded by that one of their pals didn't even get the "number three" gig.

Maclean is just the latest bawbag to have a dig at our manager.
However, for me, too many of our fans readily accept this, excuse it even.

this is the worst one yet. It was such an innocuous comment in an in-house interview about the bounce game. They have a similar style of play and this helped us try a few things to combat it.

You can imagine the journalist has said to the lad "Pedro just came out and said you were similar standard to Morton" and he's fallen for it.

This is NOT one of those occasions when Pedro should maybe have said less, it's a 100% concocted story.

Typical Scottish football inverse snobbery and chip on the shoulder. There is an automatic assumption that Pedro is looking down at us and now every word is being twisted. Shameful

Guys like McLean must love the attention they get when Rangers come to town, it's the only time the press are interested in what they have to say. Journo takes a Caixinha quote and stirs the pot, and these journeymen players are only too happy to oblige.

Back