Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Gerrard rates Worrall massively. It's pretty simple.

It's a player he's tracked for a while and I doubt he expected to be able to get him. Worrall's circumstances changed at Forest and SG is delighted to have him. I think that's the reason for his selection rather than anything more dramatic.

Managers have often rated players that the support don't.

To be fair to Gerrard, yet again he has done exactly what we wanted in terms of changing the team and bringing in Grezda. Taking the Worral situation out of this for a minute (I’m giving Gerrard the benefit of the doubt that it is contractual he is playing), I don’t think any of us would argue against the selection today.

Hopefully this should put to bed the absolute rediculous comparisons with Warburton

It’s not contractual ffs!!

Is Lee Wallace injured or are the politics simply that he will never play again? We need a left back it seems mental that he’s not remotely considered if fit.
Apparently not fit mate,although why and how long until he's ready I have no idea tbh.
Barasic when fit,Flanagan and Halliday appear to be ahead of him in the queue at this point anyway so I doubt we'll see him again(just my personal opinion).

Flanagan letting Stewart in on his left foot caused the goal. You’ll have to remind me of the other ‘huge’ errors. Folk are desperate for a new whipping boy. He’s put in some very good performances.

Well he missed the initial header, then was also pretty culpable in showing Stewart inside to finish with his left foot. That's 2 there, the third was at the end of the game where he fannied about on the ball and lost it. Only a cracking save by Wes stopped a goal.

I hope he goes out and has a cracker today. In fact he probably will but his problem is consistency, for every good game he's had he's had a stinker in turn. Folk are saying they prefer Katic which is justified - it doesn't mean Worrall is a whipping boy.

Apparently not fit mate,although why and how long until he's ready I have no idea tbh.
Barasic when fit,Flanagan and Halliday appear to be ahead of him in the queue at this point anyway so I doubt we'll see him again(just my personal opinion).

Absolutely dreadful against both the sheep and Kilmarnock.

Looking for a right good result here today. Weather is shit and will play a part but we're looking for a positive response.

C'mon Rangers!!! Do them.

Absolutely dreadful against both the sheep and Kilmarnock.
He struggled badly mate no getting away from it,Halliday rightly getting the nod today unsurprisingly.
I like both Flanagan and Coulibaly,but both have been horrendously out of form lately and deserve to be getting benched.
Katic has had one terrible game all season yet Worrall starts every game despite continous mistakes,I can't get my head round that one at all though.

There has to be some opportunity to sign Worrall at the end of the season for him to get this amount of games.

Kent right and Grezda left.

Expected other way round, unless they are maybe going to occasionally switch.

Back