Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

At work listening on the radio sounds like we are lucky to be going in 0-0 at half time. Pressure is really on now we must win today no excuses.

Jack and Arfield booked for winning the ball, almost the entire midfield walking a tightrope now

superb collum

Piss poor so far, better get their fúcking fingers oot. Somecunt at the match batter this fúcking ref black and blue. Cúnt.

Its not even like they are playing like they were against celtic and we are dominating posession and creating chances

Nothing sticking. Pedestrian and turgid

We're still fannying about, McGregor wasting as much time as Sansom? Why?
Looks like another game our pansies have decided is a bit too awkward for them.

We are terrible utterly terrible....we are showing nothing!! If we can’t beat St Boo then I’m afraid it curtains!!

This keeper has had nothing to do in this 1st half not one fucking save to make .. this is shocking performance again, no spark no creativity

Wooft!

Some cünt needs to turn up at some point surely. Even Morelos is off the boil compared to usual.

Swagger is well and truly disappeared.

Interesting their allowed to take that corner...

Certainly is as on Wednesday we weren’t allowed to take our corner in similar circumstances.
It’s the lack of consistency in decision making that I hate the most. Midweek the ball went out for a corner with a few seconds of the extra time to go, same as just happened there but we never got to take ours.

Worse than watching a school game. This would get football stopped.

Two teams completely devoid of any skill, any creativity.

How can we go from a free scoring team to this shambles so quickly.

It's clear by now that the 4-3-3 just doesn't work unless a team has a proper go at us (Dundee/St Johnstone being outliers) as our wingers don't have the ability to be a threat for goal anywhere with the ball in and around the box

We really need to change the system for the 2nd half

%^*& me that’s a new record surely.

Our own manager says you can tell a player after 1 game, %^*& knows what he makes of Grezda because he’s honking

“Fans will love him, he will have them on the edge of their seats”

No bother Stevie

That is as dire a 45 minutes as I can remember. It seems we are second to everything. We try the wings and we are easily closed out. We try through the middle and it’s the same. Credit to St Mirren but we should be steamrolling them. What has gone wrong? Hopefully a massive improvement in the second half.

With the weather and our failure to create anything with decent football I’d just hit Morelos from defence and play off the second balls.

Brutal but we’d create far more.

I don’t understand how it’s got worse since last week. We have regressed in the last 3 games. Utter shambles at this point.

At least it looks like we will have the wind in the second half. That was the only reason St Mirren got up the pitch

This is shockingly bad again .From being a team continually pressing and fighting for every ball to this in 3 weeks is totally baffling. On this evidence it's going to be a long remainder of the season.

This is poor. Look shot of confidence.

2 players booked for sod all too.

Surely get a reaction in 2nd Half?

too predictable and pedestrian. Same as the last 4 games.

This is starting to look how things looked under Pedro, Warburton and Murty. Just keep playing the same formation with the same game plan and change the odd player like for like and hope for the best.

We never look like scoring. We need a clean sheet and hope Morelos can grab something.
Our season is hanging by a thread due to this forn. Champions edge through by a goal in these games. We're not good enough to be making up a fair amount of points on them.

Been trying to tell myself its all just been a blip, the last few games.

Nope. We are just as insipid as we were under Warburton and Pedro. The abberation isnt these last few games, it is that we somehow managed to qualify for Europe.

The problem now is, no matter what happens in the second half, the narrative is already written...lacking creativity, looking poor away etc etc.

I don't know what the answer is, people will turn on the manager if we don't win this. If we do win, they'll turn on him next time we drop points. I'm starting to become of the mind that, for us to ever really become top dogs again, we need Celtic to regress in an unprecedented way. Because its clear turning Rangers around is a mammoth task and one that no manager will ever be given enough time for.

Back