Celtic Boys Club Name Change Earlier This Year - Confirmed on BBC

Il Ciocco

Official Ticketer
I had heard this a few months back but wasn't sure if it was true. Chris McLaughlin of all people has just confirmed it on BBC Scotland.

I had heard they were asked to change their name to St. Patricks Boys Club in exchange for a payment from Celtic FC. Payment rumoured to be between £10 to £20k. Blatant and unrepentant.

In the same report our old friend Chris also confirmed several of the victims are taking legal action.

I had heard this a few months back but wasn't sure if it was true. Chris McLaughlin of all people has just confirmed it on BBC Scotland.

I had heard they were asked to change their name to St. Patricks Boys Club in exchange for a payment from Celtic FC. Payment rumoured to be between £10 to £20k. Blatant and unrepentant.

In the same report our old friend Chris also confirmed several of the victims are taking legal action.

What would a name change now of celtic boys club have achieved?

Are the victims taking legal action against celtic or against torbett?

Again this will be kept as low profile as possible but his should be global news.

I don't see celtic making any statement until after thursday. Wonder if their pre match press conference will include warning for any attending journos about the tone of their questions.

The SFA should also be commenting.

Played them on Sunday there, heard about the payoff months ago by Celtic for them to change their name, badge and kit.

Some grim reading in this DR article. But an ex CBC player says it like it is in this extract:

He said he is angry at the way Celtic FC has tried to disassociate itself from Celtic Boys’ Club since the sexual abuse became public. He said: “Now you hear this attempted disassociation between Celtic Boys’ Club and Celtic Football Club.

“When I was there Celtic Boys’ Club was the feeder club to Celtic Football Club.
“Any functions we were at, there were Celtic players there, Celtic management there, there were Celtic directors there, you trained at Barrowfield which was Celtic’s training ground.

“You were always in contact with Celtic players, on bank holidays, playing friendlies.

“Then there was this attempt to disassociate.”

Full article. Warning again that it is grim.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/evil-jim-torbett-ruled-celtic-13539719

Some grim reading in this DR article. But an ex CBC player says it like it is in this extract:

He said he is angry at the way Celtic FC has tried to disassociate itself from Celtic Boys’ Club since the sexual abuse became public. He said: “Now you hear this attempted disassociation between Celtic Boys’ Club and Celtic Football Club.

“When I was there Celtic Boys’ Club was the feeder club to Celtic Football Club.
“Any functions we were at, there were Celtic players there, Celtic management there, there were Celtic directors there, you trained at Barrowfield which was Celtic’s training ground.

“You were always in contact with Celtic players, on bank holidays, playing friendlies.

“Then there was this attempt to disassociate.”

Full article. Warning again that it is grim.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/evil-jim-torbett-ruled-celtic-13539719

They really make me feel genuinely sick.

Has there ever been a more vile organisation in Scotland's history.

A genuine blight on the nation.

Last edited:
I'm sure there was a player who was abused at an English club (Crewe maybe?) and he said in an interview their boys team would regularly come up to play CBC at the time the nonces were at work there.
Said it was calle dthe Celtic cup.
Barry Bennell was in charge, i'm sure, of the English boys.
If that doesn't scream paedo ring, I dont know what does..

so, they are making a big deal about Stevie G pulling out of this channel 4 interview , they can not at their press conference before their match this week not ask them at all about Torbett and Celtic refusing to talk about what they have been associated with.

If not one Scottish journalist asks them about it then what's the bloody point!

What an absolutely disgusting act to relieve themselves of any responsibility for what has happened. I truly hope this goes viral and they get found our for what total lowlife b@stards they really are. Absolutely feel so sorry for all that have suffered at the hands of these heinous complicit rhats.

I'm sure there was a player who was abused at an English club (Crewe maybe?) and he said in an interview their boys team would regularly come up to play CBC at the time the nonces were at work there.
Said it was calle dthe Celtic cup.
Barry Bennell was in charge, i'm sure, of the English boys.
If that doesn't scream paedo ring, I dont know what does..

Was Andy Woodward the player?

Barry Bennell changed his name to Richard Jones, sleekit (unt.

Was Andy Woodward the player?

Barry Bennell changed his name to Richard Jones, sleekit (unt.

It may well have been. It was on STV news iirc
I'm sure when he came out with the celtic cup line the wee interviewer sighed and looked a bit forlorn?

Why not just accept it happened? Appologise to the victims and offer to help them? I will tell you why, protect their rancid club at all costs. For me its simply down to money, this will have massive repurcussions financially on them, not just the damages but also hitting sponsorship and commercial deals hard too.

Last edited:
paedophile-ring-cover-up-at-celtic.jpg

24d4yo4.jpg

image.jpeg.7f18ecc81f38405cef9567cec57921f9.jpeg

celtic-fc-paedophiles.jpg

33niadt.jpg

Back