Rangers will never stop Willie Collum refereeing their games

Ian-RFC

Rangers will NEVER stop Willie Collum refereeing their games insists SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell
Gers were hit with five charges after they claimed there were “underlying issues’” regarding Collum

THE SFA have told Rangers: You’ll NEVER stop Willie Collum refereeing your games.

Chief executive Ian Maxwell was responding after Gers were served with a Notice of Complaint over their criticism of Collum.

Gers were hit with five charges after they claimed there were “underlying issues’” regarding Collum.

Their complaint followed the official’s second yellow to Daniel Candeias against St Mirren a month ago.

But Maxwell, in Dublin for the Euro 2020 draw, vowed supporting refs remains the SFA’s priority.

Asked if he had concerns about Collum refereeing Gers games, he said: “Absolutely not. We can’t go down that road.

“We only have so many referees in the country and part of this is about attracting referees.

“We need people to referee matches so, no, I have no concerns about who’s refereeing any Rangers game.

“We are not just ticking a box. We want to back our referees, we understand the position they’re in and we understand the job they do for us.

“They’re an integral part of Scottish football. It’s about them knowing we want to back them up and support them.

“Willie is one of the top referees in the country, one of the best we’ve got. He referees on a European and world level and it’s absolutely right that we’re supporting him.

“Willie knows what Willie saw in the game. He knows the decision he made and he knows why he made it. We’re more than happy to back up Willie on that.

“Rangers said what they said in their statement and they’re obviously disappointed with the decision.”

Having taken the first Old Firm game of the season, Collum is unlikely to get the December 29 derby at Ibrox.

But Maxwell insists there’s no chance of him being sidelined for Gers fixtures.

Asked if Rangers’ statement could be inflammatory, he replied: “It’s for the compliance officer to interpret, not me.

“Rangers are perfectly entitled to say what they think, that’s part of football. The Notice of Complaint will be worked through, we’ll see where we end up.

“We’re conscious, though, that referees have an incredibly tough job. There are decisions everybody will hum and haw about but referees make decisions with the best of intentions.

“They’re human, sometimes they get decisions right, sometimes they don’t. The debate that causes is a big part of football.

“Referees get things right a lot more than they get things wrong. VAR at the World Cup showed that.

“Studies showed that correct decisions went up from 93 per cent to 98 per cent. If I was going to my work knowing I was getting 93 per cent of things right, I’d be quite happy with that.

“The Scottish public are hugely passionate and every element of a match, whether it’s the team’s performance, what the manager says, or the referee’s performance, gets scrutinised.”

Heard Brown got away with murder again yesterday with Dallas
That wee fud is one of the worst

A few arms and elbows in the Aberdeen players faces and wee shitebag Dallas didnt want to know but couldnt get the card out quick enough for Dons players. The Dons players were getting riled more all the time.

If we had VAR then Ian then that would prove that Gollum is an incompetent cheating ladys front bottom!

It’s like a burning fire with me, we know Collum is incompetent and not fit to be a forth official, he has form for not seeing things when we got a penalty of the back Broadfoot, doing a theatrical. However the one I detest with a vengeance is Cheetin Beaton, how this piece of human excrement was allowed to officiate after last seasons game against HIVs defies description.

“Willie knows what Willie saw in the game. He knows the decision he made and he knows why he made it. We’re more than happy to back up Willie on that.

I think we all know what 'Willie saw' and why he made the decision he did you helmet.

This thing, whereby you’re punished for daring to criticise the authorities . . . there’s a name for that, isn’t there?

Strangely enuf he tells us another lie when he say's this...... . .

“Rangers are perfectly entitled to say what they think, that’s part of football"

It doesn't look to me like we are allowed an opinion.

It’s like a burning fire with me, we know Collum is incompetent and not fit to be a forth official, he has form for not seeing things when we got a penalty of the back Broadfoot, doing a theatrical. However the one I detest with a vengeance is Cheetin Beaton, how this piece of human excrement was allowed to officiate after last seasons game against HIVs defies description.
What you on about, he did see The Broadfoot incident, you’ve been listening to too many mutants. Photos prove he caught sight of the shove and block.

SFA are a joke as usual.

Collum could have admitted he got it wrong but he didn’t.

Zero respect should be given to him as he cannot admit his error with Candeias.

Also against the scum Collum totally ignored Beaton when he’s screaming FOUL on Jack and let’s them break up to score the winner

He’s a cheating mentally challenged bastard who has zero credibility now

Maxwell is basically saying it's ok for referees to lie.

I wonder what would have happened to Wullie if he had sent a Scum player off in similar circumstances and then lied?

Heard Brown got away with murder again yesterday with Dallas
That wee fud is one of the worst

He did. He came on as sub and assaulted the kid Ferguson from the back (his party piece). This was right in front of Dallas, who doubtlessly pictured his double glazing, and conveniently pretended not to see it.
Now that's what I call f uckin' blatant

From Partick Thistle Chairman (a club ran so well, they got relegated last season) to SFA Chief Executive.

There's nowt like a willingness to guzzle Lawwell's spunk for a bit of career advancement in Scottish Football.

“We’re conscious, though, that referees have an incredibly tough job. There are decisions everybody will hum and haw about but referees make decisions with the best of intentions.

“They’re human, sometimes they get decisions right, sometimes they don’t. The debate that causes is a big part of football.
Difference is he has never admitted the mistake. He has lied and made up a clearly bollocks reason for the 2nd booking.

All he and the SFA had to say was "the referee has admitted he made a human error on the day, unfortunately there is no avenue to rescind a booking in this case. We will urgently review this process and rule with the member clubs"

Not lie and say he saw a blown kiss as a reason to book.

Que Willie Collum being handed the game against them at the end of the month.
AccurateCoarseBlobfish-size_restricted.gif

Rangers will NEVER stop Willie Collum refereeing their games insists SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell
Gers were hit with five charges after they claimed there were “underlying issues’” regarding Collum

THE SFA have told Rangers: You’ll NEVER stop Willie Collum refereeing your games.

Chief executive Ian Maxwell was responding after Gers were served with a Notice of Complaint over their criticism of Collum.

Gers were hit with five charges after they claimed there were “underlying issues’” regarding Collum.

Their complaint followed the official’s second yellow to Daniel Candeias against St Mirren a month ago.

But Maxwell, in Dublin for the Euro 2020 draw, vowed supporting refs remains the SFA’s priority.

Asked if he had concerns about Collum refereeing Gers games, he said: “Absolutely not. We can’t go down that road.

“We only have so many referees in the country and part of this is about attracting referees.

“We need people to referee matches so, no, I have no concerns about who’s refereeing any Rangers game.

“We are not just ticking a box. We want to back our referees, we understand the position they’re in and we understand the job they do for us.

“They’re an integral part of Scottish football. It’s about them knowing we want to back them up and support them.

“Willie is one of the top referees in the country, one of the best we’ve got. He referees on a European and world level and it’s absolutely right that we’re supporting him.

“Rangers said what they said in their statement and they’re obviously disappointed with the decision.”

Having taken the first Old Firm game of the season, Collum is unlikely to get the December 29 derby at Ibrox.

Asked if Rangers’ statement could be inflammatory, he replied: “It’s for the compliance officer to interpret, not me.

“Rangers are perfectly entitled to say what they think, that’s part of football. The Notice of Complaint will be worked through, we’ll see where we end up.

“Referees get things right a lot more than they get things wrong. VAR at the World Cup showed that.

“Studies showed that correct decisions went up from 93 per cent to 98 per cent. If I was going to my work knowing I was getting 93 per cent of things right, I’d be quite happy with that.

“The Scottish public are hugely passionate and every element of a match, whether it’s the team’s performance, what the manager says, or the referee’s performance, gets scrutinised.”
Once again you have a clown making mountains out of molehills.
Headline grabbing prick, all we asked for is to be treated like the rest

On a side note Levein & McInnes both yesterday called the refs more or less cheats we'll see if the SFA goes after them the same way it has Rangers?

Given that squeal Lennon called the referee a cheat earlier in the season and nothing was done I doubt it, yet the SFA wonder why Rangers come out with statements going after bias.

One rule for the rest of Scottish football another for us.

And the big difference between us and the paedos fans is they would see this comment as a challenge to their window breaking abilities.

I'm sure that we will continue to pressure the biased bigoted and not fit for purpose sfa in the proper manner, whilst maintaining our class and dignity.

Dave King certainly isn't one to back away from a fight!

“Rangers are perfectly entitled to say what they think, that’s part of football. The Notice of Complaint will be worked through, we’ll see where we end up."

Hopefully our solicitors pick up on that.

Didn't Mwell ask for a ref not to do their games as they said he was biased against them and the sfa complied. I think it was last season or the one before. Can't remember which ref. [maybe thompson]

Highly regarded by uefa, but not by fifa.

Didnae see him or any refs from these Isles at the summer world cup.

Back