Dom Solanke number 1 January target

Impossible to judge how good he will be at first team level as he's not had much of a sniff other than fleeting appearances for Liverpool. He does have the attributes to run riot in this league however.

I have posted this several times FF managers keep telling me I’m talking shit.:D

Your judging this on what, his games for the Liverpool reserves or on England duty?

I don’t think for either he is prolific from out wide, he is a better CF.

I know this is almost needlessly negative, but I’ve got a gut feeling he’s going to be a big anti-climax, especially because of the way people have never shut up about him.

The young guy at Ayr Utd, the goals are the same size no matter what level and if the opinion is he is playing against inferior players then you could say he is being supported by inferior players also so it evens out.

I am just not sure where he would play, I know Morelos is likely to be suspended for a few games every so often but other than that we play with one up front, I think a midfield general and creative number 10 would be higher up the priority list

I still maintain that if a good offer comes in for Morelos, it will be accepted, as i think he's now walking on thin ice with the manager.As he dosen't seem to listen to what's said to him about the way he's behaving.
I think Alfredo's showing no respect to S.G. and his teamates.
I don't think his attitude will change, and he will receive further red cards, unfortunately., in my opinion i don't think he'll be with us very much longer, and i also think that Morelos would like out of Scottish football, as he thinks he's being victimised by our officals here. Omo.

I find some of the replies in threads about Solanke hilarious-he stars in one of the world's best U21 teams but he's shite because he can't get into a Liverpool team second in the EPL with the likes of Firmino,Mane,Salah and Shaqiri in front of him.

As difficult as the Sphell can be from a physical sense,players good enough if fit and firing will shine up here in general-not everyone will have the injury issues Rossiter has had for example.
Both Kent and Ejaria were deemed nowhere near good enough for Liverpool,christ Harry Wilson who's tearing up the championship was also deemed not ready yet ffs.

I honestly can't see it unfortunately, there's levels to the players who go out on loan from these clubs, we get your Kents, Nemanes and Ejarias, your Wilsons, Ake's, Loftus-Cheeks etc stay in the Premiership/upper-championship, I'd have Solanke in with them, he'll probably go to a Huddersfield/Brighton. Would love to be proven wrong but I can see us getting another promising loan player none of us have heard of

Our number 1 priority should be a quality central midfielder.

Any money available in January should go to there.
I agree to a certain extent but I think it's also becoming clearer that we need another striker to reduce our reliance on Morelos. Someone who threatens his place in the team will hopefully see him screw the nut. At the moment he knows that he's almost undroppable.

I agree to a certain extent but I think it's also becoming clearer that we need another striker to reduce our reliance on Morelos. Someone who threatens his place in the team will hopefully see him screw the nut. At the moment he knows that he's almost undroppable.
The problem with that mate is the striker may well be a loan.

His discipline is obviously a big issue but the thing is, he is still our best and most important player, he scores loads and everyone seems to like him, his temperament is obviously his main weakness.

Solanke would be a great addition in January, although some on here would prefer the Killie player.

Maybe some folk on here think that Solanke is beyond our reach (budget-wise) or if another EPL team come in for him he'd go there....I don't think you'll find many folk on here who would prefer the Killie player but just maybe he's a more realistic target......

So no wide players?

Dropping the right winger or the left?

Morelos doesn’t seem to work well with another striker either.

I don’t see how he fits in unless we totally change our shape and our main striker.

He would be in the middle of the three behind Morelos I would think.

Example

Coulibally jack

Candeias solanke Kent

Morelos

We need a more reliable striker , one that can stay on the park .Can't see us getting Solanke but we need someone .The points we have thrown away are criminal . This league is there for the taking and we are letting it slip away with indiscipline .

Lad clearly has talent in his locker, just doesn't see first team football.

Watched him for England under 21's this season and looks a good player.

Kent was rubbished before we signed him - mainly due to not bring Woodburn or Wilson, yet has turned out to be one of our best attacking options and we've missed him recently.

Reactions: cav
His discipline is obviously a big issue but the thing is, he is still our best and most important player, he scores loads and everyone seems to like him, his temperament is obviously his main weakness.
He's definitely our main player but the problem is he knows it. A wee bit of quality coming in for his position will hopefully get him to screw the nut a wee bit better though. I'm a massive fan of the wee fella but I've always got the fear that he's going to do something daft during a game that will cost us.

If Solanke is as good as some on here would like us to believe, why does he not even make Liverpool's bench on the vast majority of match days?

He's definitely our main player but the problem is he knows it. A wee bit of quality coming in for his position will hopefully get him to screw the nut a wee bit better though. I'm a massive fan of the wee fella but I've always got the fear that he's going to do something daft during a game that will cost us.
I've been saying for months we're in the shite when Morelos gets injured or suspended,the cup semi being a prime example.
Neither Sadiq or Lafferty has cut the mustard,and quite a few respected posters on here foresaw that being the case unfortunately.

There's been suggestions depending on money available for the likes of Prevljak,Koljic or Solanke and any of those three would be a huge upgrade on the forward options if we're honest.

I still maintain that if a good offer comes in for Morelos, it will be accepted, as i think he's now walking on thin ice with the manager.As he dosen't seem to listen to what's said to him about the way he's behaving.
I think Alfredo's showing no respect to S.G. and his teamates.
I don't think his attitude will change, and he will receive further red cards, unfortunately., in my opinion i don't think he'll be with us very much longer, and i also think that Morelos would like out of Scottish football, as he thinks he's being victimised by our officals here. Omo.
Isn't he though?
Let's compare Griffith's behaviour or stokes and he is nowhere near like those....
I think he will stay for the rest of this season....
I hope he does

If Solanke is as good as some on here would like us to believe, why does he not even make Liverpool's bench on the vast majority of match days?
Firmino,Salah,Mane,Shaqiri,Sturridge and Origi are deemed better options by Klopp.Guys that cost somewhere like between 12-41 million for each player signed.Personally I think he's possibly a better option than the last two mentioned but Klopp doesn't seem to be doing tto badly down there.

Firmino,Salah,Mane,Shaqiri,Sturridge and Origi are deemed better options by Klopp.Guys that cost somewhere like between 12-41 million for each player signed.Personally I think he's possibly a better option than the last two mentioned but Klopp doesn't seem to be doing tto badly down there.

You've highlighted the very point.

If he's deemed not to be better or even as good as Origi or Sturridge, I'd say that speaks volumes.

There are a host of EPL clubs courting Solanke and we have people seriously claiming he’s not good enough. I mean how good exactly do people feel he needs to be? If we don’t get him, it won’t be because he’s shite, it’ll be because a club in a proper league made him an offer to shine at the top level. If he comes to us, it’s because he wants to be playing in front of 50k as often as he can in prep for the big time. We’d be a very lucky team to land him, even for 6 months...

I heard Charlie Adam discussing a loan move to us on Talksport?
It was only speculation I suppose.
However, in a game like Wednesday's surely Charlie would have been a goal thread from the edge of the box with his shooting ability?

Teams like Aberdeen sit in deep and allow us to play around the edge of the box and often we have players given good shooting opportunities from distance, but we don't really have any player with a long distance shot in them.

Agree. I’d like Ivanusec & he can shoot.

I’d go for Koljic. 1.5m fee ?

This boy Lowe the sheep have on loan from Derby is a very modern pacy full back. Slightly off topic but I’d look at him to replace Flanagan.

I've been saying for months we're in the shite when Morelos gets injured or suspended,the cup semi being a prime example.
Neither Sadiq or Lafferty has cut the mustard,and quite a few respected posters on here foresaw that being the case unfortunately.

There's been suggestions depending on money available for the likes of Prevljak,Koljic or Solanke and any of those three would be a huge upgrade on the forward options if we're honest.
I quite like checking out stats on players, I know some folk claim they don't matter but I disagree. I remember reading this article from 2/6/18 which pointed out one striker in particular was vastly over-achieving in terms of their goalscoring and would be due a pretty major slump (it compared Expected Goals to Actual Goals Scored). That player was Kyle Lafferty and it has pretty much turned out to be correct

https://www.modernfitba.com/blogs/2...oting-percentage-to-determine-projected-goals

What's the fascination with solanke? He's never had a sniff at Liverpool, yet deemed a Messiah for us? Nah no thanks, rather take a punt on shankland!

No one knows more than our current Manager and coaching staff if Solanke would fit in at Rangers. So if they are interested, they must have an idea on how to use Solanke.

Liverpools (Klopps) 4-3-3 system requires the wide players (Salah / Mane) to start wide to spread defences, as the ball gets further forward, they are asked to come inside / get into the box and support Firmino much more, with the full backs then overlapping to keep the width.

This allows Liverpools front three to score a lot of goals between them.

For me this is missing in our game, our wide players especially Candeias , Kent and to lesser extent Middleton / Grezda do not get into the box enough, IMO our best fit for this role was Murphy.

Note: Klopp has slightly changed his plan this season by asking Firmino to drop off and asking Salah / Mane to get in behind / box.

IMO, We need more goals from our wide players and this won't happen if they are not trying or are natural to get into the box.

I haven't seen a great deal of Solanke but his best position looks like just behind the Striker, not a position we or Liverpool utilise.

Now the question for me is can he play number 9, if Morelos is out (I say yes). Can he play out wide and be asked to get into the box more (allows Tavernier to overlap), might not be his best position but at our level he would do well and score goals taking pressure off Morelos and the team.
In fact the games I've watched Klopp has brought him on in the wide right role and yes he hasn't shone in this role but we have to remember the different levels.

We could even try to drop him into midfield as a deeper 10, not sure this would work but it may be an option.

IMO, anyone not wanting Solanke on loan are crazy, we need more goals / players getting into the box and the boy seems to know where the goals are.

For what it's worth I would be shocked if Liverpool, allowed him to come on loan to Scotland.

Note: Agree with everyone else we need more quality in midfield as well.

I've got to admit I don't know much about him. The saturation of English football on the telly means I probably know less about foreign fitba than I ever did in the past

Me too. It was one of the bears that put me into him. I think Cav.
He’s now playing for Craovia in Romania & has 9 goals in 11 games for them. Also made the breakthrough into the Bosnia team. At 23 I think we should take a really good look Cloodie.

Looked like a potential star at Chelsea and Liverpool snapped him up.

He should smash it up here and I’m sorry to say but after Wednesday i would rather a stable striker who can score than a striker who sadly is costing us point with his temper

I wouldn't but it seems like the loan players will be getting a game whether they are better than what is there or not.
Like sadiq for example? Appears the manager would only play the loan players he reckons are good enough. If they come and are p!sh I can't see him playing them over better options. Well I'd hope not anyway.

I’d go for Koljic. 1.5m fee ?
Koljic is definitely an interesting idea.

Good goalscoring record with head and both feet and is not shy of shooting from outside the box.

Was loaned to Poland (Lech Poznan, I believe) where he suffered a bad knee injury and Lech pulled out a deal to sign him permanently.

Now in Romania and seems to be finding his feet / goals again. Might be worth a punt just now, as if he keeps scoring and staying fit, his transfer fee will only rise.

I would definitely be looking at him and getting advise from Sasa.

I am just not sure where he would play, I know Morelos is likely to be suspended for a few games every so often but other than that we play with one up front, I think a midfield general and creative number 10 would be higher up the priority list

I asked this on the last Solanke thread but does anyone know what formation he played in with Tammy Abraham? That seemed to be the form of his life but in that partnership, Abraham was the focus. Solanke was the support player. Morelos could be seen to be a similar - but better - style of player to Abraham.

If Solanke played off Abraham on one side of a 3 then that would imply he would slot in perfectly. If it was a front 2 then that would be more problematic as I don’t see us changing formation often.

Meh.

Not seen anything from a professional stand point from him that makes people think he 100% will be a success.

Youth football/under 23s stuff is a miles off the standard of even SPFL top league stuff.

Back