Dom Solanke number 1 January target

Looked like a potential star at Chelsea and Liverpool snapped him up.

He should smash it up here and I’m sorry to say but after Wednesday i would rather a stable striker who can score than a striker who sadly is costing us point with his temper
The only trouble being Solanke has never proven he can score at senior level at all, he seems to be a bit of a myth on here.

However I agree Morelos needs a boot in the baws and brought into line before he really does some real damage to our title hopes.

Koljic is definitely an interesting idea.

Good goalscoring record with head and both feet and is not shy of shooting from outside the box.

Was loaned to Poland (Lech Poznan, I believe) where he suffered a bad knee injury and Lech pulled out a deal to sign him permanently.

Now in Romania and seems to be finding his feet / goals again. Might be worth a punt just now, as if he keeps scoring and staying fit, his transfer fee will only rise.

I would definitely be looking at him and getting advise from Sasa.

Agree Keilso. And as you say he’s good in the air which is a big plus in this country when teams pack their boxes.

Reactions: cav
I think Alfredo is on his last warning judging from Gary mac & the gaffers latest interviews. We do need another striker in January regardless

Me too. It was one of the bears that put me into him. I think Cav.
He’s now playing for Craovia in Romania & has 9 goals in 11 games for them. Also made the breakthrough into the Bosnia team. At 23 I think we should take a really good look Cloodie.
Thanks mate but it wasn’t me unfortunately! As much as I champion trying to buy Prevljak that was originally someone else’s idea as well.
Nothing wrong with highlighting potentially very good players worth looking at though,there’s some really knowledgeable folk on FF that sometimes goes under the radar a bit

Thanks mate but it wasn’t me unfortunately! As much as I champion trying to buy Prevljak that was originally someone else’s idea as well.
Nothing wrong with highlighting potentially very good players worth looking at though,there’s some really knowledgeable folk on FF that sometimes goes under the radar a bit

If he misses against the tims you’re getting the blame now mate :D

Reactions: cav
I quite like checking out stats on players, I know some folk claim they don't matter but I disagree. I remember reading this article from 2/6/18 which pointed out one striker in particular was vastly over-achieving in terms of their goalscoring and would be due a pretty major slump (it compared Expected Goals to Actual Goals Scored). That player was Kyle Lafferty and it has pretty much turned out to be correct

https://www.modernfitba.com/blogs/2...oting-percentage-to-determine-projected-goals
Very good site that mate,and I say that as someone who’s quite sceptical about stats a lot of the time

I’d hope we’d be looking to trim some of our squad in January the question is who?

Possibly loan McCrorie out as he’s not featuring enough for his development,

I’d sell Fod,

I’d give Wallace away

Give away Sadiq

Wallace Fods Sadiq out Recall Alnwick and bring in Solanke and Dowell on loan and bring in another midfield general and left back on permanant deals

As far as strikers go:
Solanke in on 18 month loan
Shankland signed but loaned to Ayr til end of season
Sell Alfie in the summer for 15m minimum
Re-invest half of that to the playing squad
Rudden & Dallas backup to Solanke, Lafferty & Shankland in that order next season

We require a midfielder, an attacking midfielder, a left back, and a striker. Mostly the midfielders. The left back is optional considering we have Wallace, Halliday, and Flanagan.

Out should go Sadiq and McCrorie (on loan). Docherty should stay on loan unless he's seen as an important player. Same with Holt.

In a dream world:
Solanke Loan
Davis Loan
Jones £250k
Bockaj £1M
Cooper £3m
Ivanušec £1m

Jesus Christ . Dave King just spoke at the AGM about the squad needing trimmed back and you want to recruit another 6 players in January. That’s fantasy world not dream world .

Jesus Christ . Dave King just spoke at the AGM about the squad needing trimmed back and you want to recruit another 6 players in January. That’s fantasy world not dream world .
In the post AGM interview I,m sure Dave king said he would be surprised if we didn,t recruit in January.

As far as strikers go:
Solanke in on 18 month loan
Shankland signed but loaned to Ayr til end of season
Sell Alfie in the summer for 15m minimum
Re-invest half of that to the playing squad
Rudden & Dallas backup to Solanke, Lafferty & Shankland in that order next season

That is scary stuff. Do you honestly believe that?

You tube video can make anyone look good but I love the guys technique for the goal at 22/23 seconds.
This is the type of striker we should be looking at. We never seem to play through the midfield and only seem to mount attacks up the wing starting from the full backs ending in hopeful crosses which at present are dealt with too easily by the giants and hammer throwers which play in Scottish defences. If we continue to play this way we must have strikers good in the air. Personally I’d like us to have the quality in midfield to play through the midfield but the option of a striker good in the air is always useful ( and not just in attack ).

My dream scenario is Prevjlak and Ivanusec in but you’re talking the guts of several million quid there.
Solanke and Davis on loan is much more realistic right now and if we can manage a couple of million for either Koljic or Ivanusec fantastic.

I think we will need to sell Morelos in the summer if the right kind of money is offered to help improve the team overall,but I’d be wanting the guts of 12-15 million using dumbele as a guide for cost.

That is scary stuff. Do you honestly believe that?
Speculation, obviously, but I wouldn't be phased in that scenario. So long as the Alfie transfer money is re-invested in creative midfielders because that is where we are weak right now and there are some interesting suggestions for those elsewhere in this thread.

How's this for a trim?
Fod Sold £1m Leeds
Ross McCrorie Loan out
Umar Sadiq Loan return
Worrall Recalled
Morelos £15m Fenerbahce
Wallace Mutual consent
Carlos Pena Loan out

How's this for a trim?
Fod Sold £1m Leeds
Ross McCrorie Loan out
Umar Sadiq Loan return
Worrall Recalled
Morelos £15m Fenerbahce
Wallace Mutual consent
Carlos Pena Loan out

£1m for a keeper we couldn't sell for a few hundred K in the summer.

Dreamland

Back