Match Thread Dundee v Rangers - 13:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

We've invested too much in Gerrard for him to walk but serious questions now need asked.His decisions are bizarre to put it mildly.No wonder Halliday was shaking his head in the dug out,Replaced by a fuckin sand dancer,any slight momentum we had ruined by his substitution.

Gerrard will have chewed the team out for the abysmal performances against Aberdeen - told them they have to do better. You'd think today they'd come out with guns blazing to make amends - they clearly didn't.
Is it that they don't listen or respect Gerrard - that's hardly likely. Or is it that at a more fundamental level the current team is top heavy with mediocre players and can't be relied upon to produce consistent results?

We have not improved since last year. Well one point. You can argue all you like about progress but it's results that matter. We haven't made any domestically. Out at the semi stage and only one point better off. Europe has made us money and that's welcome but it's masked another abject season at home. It will not mask it for much longer. The mask has slipped and we have , in the main, another bunch who just don't know how to win. Fecking depressing.
This is nonsense.
Things are bad enough without spouting tripe like this.

Another spineless and gutless performance.We have been absolutely robbed again by the officials but the team and management are mugging us off with shocking performances like that.

And that’s the week where it becomes clear we’re not winning the title.
Absoulutely toothless.

Shocking decision from the linesman, though.
He should be fucking chased out of football for that.

Craig Levein was mocked on here last week for saying much the same.

The linesman fcuked up but he still had a better match than 10 of our 11 players.

Looking from page one on this thread some folks have got an absolute brass neck to call any of our players shite bags!
Dundee are bottom of the leauge no danger we won’t come away with 3 points today it’s honking chat to say otherwise.
Aye? Plenty could see it wasn't going to be an easy day

Another point gained on the way to 55. Tims have dropped points to Motherwell, St Mirren, Livingston, Hearts and Kilmarnock and will do so again, starting at hibs next week.
Only 2 points behind, keep that gap until the 29th and I can see us top of the league by the 1st of January if not sooner.

Without sounding like s hysterical pantie wetter but.
We went into December on a high after the villareal and hearts. On the back of the last few performances we will probably only single figures behind the mentally challengeds due to their game in hand.
We have zero creativity. Middleton seems to have lost a bit of sparkle that he had shown, ojaria doesn't seem to have the heart to be an effective player, grezda doesn't look the part either.
Can we not just change the system up a bit? It's going stale at an alarming rate. Would give a tanking on Thursday in exchange to be within 3 points after christmas

Badly missing Murphy, Doran’s and Arfield in the midfield all three have a wee bit of quality which is what we are missing. Ejaria will star for Blackpool or Accrington next season when he finds his level.

Did they?

I didn't think they had to work all that hard. We offered zero through the middle. Just get it wide and play a cross which they mopped up with ease. As will pretty much any side in Scotland.

That was fucking dreadful. As poor as we have played in years, given the circumstances.
They had ten men mate.

Gerrard will have chewed the team out for the abysmal performances against Aberdeen - told them they have to do better. You'd think today they'd come out with guns blazing to make amends - they clearly didn't.
Is it that they don't listen or respect Gerrard - that's hardly likely. Or is it that at a more fundamental level the current team is top heavy with mediocre players and can't be relied upon to produce consistent results?

If he didn’t know who was or wasn’t behind him - he does now

Rossiter has to start games now
Only midfielder who wanted the ball and wanted to move it forward

To misquote Sir Winston Churchill.
Never before in the History of Glagow Rangers
Have so many been betrayed
By so few.

That performance showed us up for what we are, a squad of miss fits, with no idea what it means to play for Rangers. We will do well to recover some pride after that showing.

Dire pish. Absolutely dreadful against 10 men.

If we dont improve we will be the whupping guys for the filth.

That's the title race over because this team couldn't handle being on top. Cowards the lot of them, taking the easy way out every time instead of actually getting your head down and trying to create something

I'm not sure theyre cowards as much as losers and bereft of quality.

We have to accept we're unlikely to win the league for a long number of years. Not unless Celtic regress at an astonishing rate. How else can we get the players to challenge them?

Getting in guys like Barisic, Goldson...these are the absoloute top players we can get for our situation. And we only get them because Gerrard is who he is. But they'll never take us to the title.

And at the same token, whilst Gerrard's star name associated with the club is benefical, He also has to carry the can for the poor results.

But clearly another new manager isn't the solution. I can't see who could turn this around at the pace we want. Which is why I think, as agonising as it is, I'm slowly coming to terms with the realisation that this is our level. There, I said it. Whats happened to our club has rendered it impotent, a shadow of its former self. For all the false dawns we've allowed ourselves in the last few years, we've never seriously looked "on the way back".

WHO was linesman that chopped off the goal?

tried to find. found out ref Alan muir. the other Ass. ref looked like the sheeps shagger fan sorry newcastle fan that got hit by something against livi but who was this baldy heeded lady's front bottom that couldnt wait to chop it off?

Before anyone starts no excuses for today

Firstly, he wisnae up with play to put his flag up.

He guessed and guessed wrong.

To me it's about attitude. Right now it stinks the place out.
The idea is too score goals.
We huff and puff on the means to do that but don't actually do it.
We concentrate on the means and ignore the end.

Average players are going to be inconsistent, not only game-to-game but within games. That's the reality.

What about our attitude at Tynecastle?

Absolutely no excuse for what we have just witnessed.

Not good enough!

I know mate, I hate criticising the team as you know but we need a consistent back four for starters.

I feel like we've regressed big style after the Sheep game, simply because I thought SG would've went tonto afterwards. I didn't see any improvement today. We should be hammering teams like Dundee more so when their down to 10 men.

That's a sore one today. Not good at all.

Sick of this, this team are full of cowards who time and time again go in hiding

The thing that sickened me was both Rossiter and Halliday subbed for the king of mystifying spin and leaving Jack on who did very little today you'd call positive...one shot I think, that never brought out a serious save.

So Gerrard thought we can get Morelos banned for the Dundee game and we can make six changes and win
No we can’t and they had 10 men

Rotation for league games has killed us, Gerrard highlighted at start of the season he thought the team had a weak spine and subsequently strengthened these areas.

The question is why he is changing it so much because no team anywhere becomes solid without partnerships being built and whilst Goldson/Katic appeared promising, nothing since has looked solid in our domestic games!!

The midfield looks lost and there is no system or style that can break down teams when they defend deep. Without Alfie we struggle badly, but we can't ignore the fact he hasn't proven himself against the Dhims yet and really needs to set this straight on the 29th by rattling in a couple of goals, until then SG needs to get the finger out!!

Just how many can we drop though !

That's the problem. Most of them know there position is safe and can turn in performances that wouldn't even be good enough in the juniors.

I mean players getting paid what they are and can't take a first touch, or can't complete a 10 yard pass, disgraceful.

They had ten men mate.

Exactly. And we still didn't make them work all that hard.

We had one fucking shot on target in that 2nd half. Why?

Because we constantly tried the same thing over and over again. And when it was clear it wasn't working.... What did we do? We tried it again anyway!

Some of the shine has gone from the SG train these past 6 weeks or so. Turgid away from home against the league's poorest sides, Hamilton and St Mirren with only late goals sparing our blushes. But today takes the biscuit, as poor a performance from a Rangers side, especially against 10 men that I have ever seen. Remember this is the League's bottom team and we never laid a glove on them - that 2nd half could have gone on for hours and we would never have scored as we lack inventiveness, skill and the abilty to play a meaningful forward pass.

Not even the incentive of going level on points with the Scum at the top of the League could get us out of our lethargy.

The last two games have really turned our season upside down, 1 point from 6 has IMHO seen us go from challengers to more likely being the best of the rest as there is no way our lot will beat the Scum at end of the month.

Haven't a clue where these last 2 performances have come from, thought under SG we had seen the last of these type of collapses. Gutted.

Last edited:
There is obviously the lack of creativity and quality in the last third, but the running off the ball must improve dramatically.

10 man Dundee get up the pitch much quicker than us, you have to wonder why.

It's simple.

They sit with 8 men in defence and pull us in, so there is maybe three of our players between their attack and our keeper.

The reverse sees around 15 players congesting their area of the pitch. Aberdeen done the same, Motherwell, Livingstone .....

Same shit week in week out.

I wonder when most fans are going to realise that quality costs money and we don't have enough. Loans, players who need rehabilitated and cheap Scottish players will win you nothing. Unless we get investment this is it guys. We are a slightly wealthier spl side who are in all truth under par on that budget. SG is heading the same way as the last set of managers, thrown under a bus by seasoned losers.

I think Gerrard got his substitutes massively wrong today. We had no cutting edge and no one passing forward when rossiter went off. Unless he was injured I think he blinked to early with swapping out Kent. Midfield went back to square passes second half and our wide players were horrific today.

Back