I do not want us to sell Morelos.. But

Bornagain

Official Ticketer
But... What's the point when we are desperately struggling to create. The point of the thread is do we have funds to bring in some quality and creativity? Otherwise the management and board may see it as logical to sell Alfie if a big fee comes in. Is it something we have to consider? We defo need a couple in the midfield. But then we would need atleast one striker aswell...

We've got several midfielders and none of them seem a cert to start. Is there any point in continuing with somebidy worth a good few million upfront when our lack of creativity and quality is this poor?

You don't progress by selling your best players. You don't progress by selling your best players. You don't progress by selling your best players. You don't progress by selling your best players. You don't progress by selling your best players. You don't progress by selling your best players. You don't progress by selling your best players. You don't progress by selling your best players.

But... What's the point when we are desperately struggling to create. The point of the thread is do we have funds to bring in some quality and creativity? Otherwise the management and board may see it as logical to sell Alfie if a big fee comes in. Is it something we have to consider? We defo need a couple in the midfield. But then we would need atleast one striker aswell...

We've got several midfielders and none of them seem a cert to start. Is there any point in continuing with somebidy worth a good few million upfront when our lack of creativity and quality is this poor?
Morelos is a class above any one we have,so we should hold on to him as long as possible and build the team around him.

I’d only sell Morelos if we got the proverbial offer we couldn’t refuse. At that I mean £10million+. Yes we badly need better quality in the middle but to replace Morelos with similar quality would also cost a fortune unless Mark Allen and the scouts can really pull a rabbit from the hat.

You don't progress by selling your best players. You don't progress by selling your best players. You don't progress by selling your best players. You don't progress by selling your best players. You don't progress by selling your best players. You don't progress by selling your best players. You don't progress by selling your best players. You don't progress by selling your best players.

Fair enough. How do we progress? Cos we need quality and creativity and probably can't afford it.
I was never saying sell Morelos if people read the post properly.
I'm saying is it something the management will consider due to the circumstances.
I do not and have already stated want to sell Morelos.

The post clearly says is it something the club are going to consider. Feck me.

Bandwagon

I like Morelos but I don’t rate him as highly as a lot of other people on this board.

Games like tonight is where I expect him to give us something special if he really is a £15/20million striker that some seem to think he is. I appreciate he never got much service but he also didn’t create anything for himself or anyone else.

I appreciate he’s good and I think he’s getting better but he’s got a bit to go before he’s a game changer at Europa League level IMO.

Yeah, our striker is too good - that is the problem...
kirk-slap.gif

Fair enough. How do we progress? Cos we need quality and creativity and probably can't afford it.
I was never saying sell Morelos if people read the post properly.
I'm saying is it something the management will consider due to the circumstances.
I do not and have already stated want to sell Morelos.

The post clearly says is it something the club are going to consider. Feck me.

Bandwagon

We progress by investing in January. Working on the THEORY that we "probably can't afford" any players is your first mistake.

We progress by investing in January. Working on the THEORY that we "probably can't afford" any players is your first mistake.

Well... Going by gerrard saying we did our business in the summer. May mean we no longer have funds to buy quality players in january

Did we not sell Boumsong (who was our best player) in then January window and reinvest the funds and became a better team in the second half of the season?

Candeias, Dorrans, Murphy, Kent, Ejaria, Rossiter - 6 midfielders not available tonight. We have too many midfielders already.

Selling our main goal scorer and best player to buy more midfielders would be madness.

Morelos is very good, he’s the last asset we should be selling during a season. The issue is, outside of wing play we have no one that can create chances and every team has figured this out.

Walter Smith won 7 trophies on the bounce selling his best player

(Admittedly buying him back at half the price a year later but still...)

Candeias, Dorrans, Murphy, Kent, Ejaria, Rossiter - 6 midfielders not available tonight. We have too many midfielders already.

Selling our main goal scorer and best player to buy more midfielders would be madness.

We have too many aye. But is our midfield creative enough? Obviously the best case scenario would be shift a couple of midfielders to fund the creativity. But where the value in the midfielders we have?

Morelos is very good, he’s the last asset we should be selling during a season. The issue is, outside of wing play we have no one that can create chances and every team has figured this out.

Yeah exactly. So how do we rectify it.

PS. I'm not referring to wingers

Who said that???

I believe you are suggesting that our midfield is not good enough to support a player of Morelos' quality and thus we should cash in on him and replace him with someone who is not as good? Perhaps I am misunderstanding your point - and if so, I apologise, but it does sound like a fairly backwards argument.

We’ve had one window
That’s right, one transfer window
Only one

Yes I know. My whole point is in this one coming do we have funds to sort this creativity problem. Gerrard stated "none or little business in January as we did our business in the summer"

We lack quality in the engine room , that's self evident and not just tonight.

We won't be selling Morelos in January but we do require an injection of cash if we are to get the quality we need to make progress, we also have to balance the books.

Where that cash comes from is the real conundrum .

We will probably have to sell at some point ,I thinks that's just a reality.

Yeah exactly. So how do we rectify it.
Sell other players or use Europa league revenue to buy some creators. Loan some (preferably not some English ‘wonderkid’) or see if there’s any guys that can make the step up from the youth team. Basically the same thing any team does.

We lack quality in the engine room , that's self evident and not just tonight.

We won't be selling Morelos in January but we do require an injection of cash if we are to get the quality we need to make progress, we also have to balance the books.

Where that cash comes from is the real conundrum .

We will probably have to sell at some point ,I thinks that's just a reality.
A decent reply where somebody actually read my post without jumping on the "there's a negative poster after a bad game bandwagon"

Sell them all and start again :D

We don't need to sell Morelos but we do need better than him, a proper no.9.

A tall order I know, but the amount of times Alfie is doing his work outside the box is unreal and it means we are so absent when we do attack..

I believe you are suggesting that our midfield is not good enough to support a player of Morelos' quality and thus we should cash in on him and replace him with someone who is not as good? Perhaps I am misunderstanding your point - and if so, I apologise, but it does sound like a fairly backwards argument.

There is no argument or suggestion in my post. I clearly state I don't want to do it. It's a question, due to the lack of creativity, possible lack of funds, will the club consider selling Morelos if a big bid comes in.

Sell other players or use Europa league revenue to buy some creators. Loan some (preferably not some English ‘wonderkid’) or see if there’s any guys that can make the step up from the youth team. Basically the same thing any team does.

Many teams sell their best player for millions to reinvest in several areas

Back