I do not want us to sell Morelos.. But

Where do I write here that Morelos is the issue? Have you even read my post? I'm referring to funds and the midfield being an issue. I'm saying do we "need" to sell him and have clearly stated that I don't want to. Terrible reply
Your thread is terrible
Morelos being sold would not help us.

I’d only sell Morelos if we got the proverbial offer we couldn’t refuse. At that I mean £10million+. Yes we badly need better quality in the middle but to replace Morelos with similar quality would also cost a fortune unless Mark Allen and the scouts can really pull a rabbit from the hat.

The Buffalo isn't the problem in the team, it's so obvious where the big problem lies.
Our midfield is null and void in every game we play.
There's no creative players or leaders, or somebody who can play the killer pass, to give our striker chances.
And continually changing line ups, isn't going to help either.
S.G. says he freshens up the team, because weve been too many games.
Now that were unfortunately out of Europe, it will be interesting to see what his strongest eleven will be from now on.

Your thread is terrible
Morelos being sold would not help us.

Many teams sell their best player for million and invest the money in several areas.

Once again, I do not state we should sell him. I ask if the club will consider it based on the circumstances. I don't it's that unrealistic a thing that they may consider it.

We have the spine of a good side. McGregor, Tav, Barisic, Goldson, Morelos, Katic if he recovers his early season form. If we had the quality in the middle of the park then we'll not be far away.

I wouldn't want us to sell Morelos, goal scorers are hard to find and expensive to buy. I would rather we searched the Eastern European market for some affordable creative players who can add that spark that we lack and bring the best out of wee Alfie.

What you need to do is simple. Help Morelos and have a plan B as you no he is going to miss matches. Lafferty is not that plan B. He needs to calm down though. He just never seems to learn one bit. You can play strong up there with out the pushing and little kick outs and talking back to the ref. If he can just bully the defender and let that be his talking then great.

The Buffalo isn't the problem in the team, it's so obvious where the big problem lies.
Our midfield is null and void in every game we play.
There's no creative players or leaders, or somebody who can play the killer pass, to give our striker chances.
And continually changing line ups, isn't going to help either.
S.G. says he freshens up the team, because weve been too many games.
Now that were unfortunately out of Europe, it will be interesting to see what his strongest eleven will be from now on.

I agree with what you say the problems are. But nobody in this thread has said Morelos is the problem.

We have the spine of a good side. McGregor, Tav, Barisic, Goldson, Morelos, Katic if he recovers his early season form. If we had the quality in the middle of the park then we'll not be far away.

I wouldn't want us to sell Morelos, goal scorers are hard to find and expensive to buy. I would rather we searched the Eastern European market for some affordable creative players who can add that spark that we lack and bring the best out of wee Alfie.

Fair enough reply aye.

I would sell him at the end of the season for 15+ mill if not GTF ! he is our best player by far and tonight he showed glimses not his fault half the team dont contribute !

There is no argument or suggestion in my post. I clearly state I don't want to do it. It's a question, due to the lack of creativity, possible lack of funds, will the club consider selling Morelos if a big bid comes in.

Q) I do not want us to sell Morelos but what's the point when we are desperately struggling to create.
A) The point is he is the best striker in the SPL and if we are to keep progressing we cannot afford to sell our best players.
Q) The point of the thread is do we have funds to bring in some quality and creativity?
A) Yes, we do. Any we will add to the squad over the January transfer window.
Statement) Otherwise the management and board may see it as logical to sell Alfie if a big fee comes in.
A) As above, it is not logical to sell Morelos
Q) Is it something we have to consider?
A) No.
Statement) We defo need a couple in the midfield.
A) Do we?
Statement) But then we would need atleast one striker aswell...
A) Hmmm....

But... What's the point when we are desperately struggling to create. The point of the thread is do we have funds to bring in some quality and creativity? Otherwise the management and board may see it as logical to sell Alfie if a big fee comes in. Is it something we have to consider? We defo need a couple in the midfield. But then we would need atleast one striker aswell...

We've got several midfielders and none of them seem a cert to start. Is there any point in continuing with somebidy worth a good few million upfront when our lack of creativity and quality is this poor?
If I've got this right you want to buy creativity but sell the very player who would benefit most from that creativity?

Where do I write here that Morelos is the issue? Have you even read my post? I'm referring to funds and the midfield being an issue. I'm saying do we "need" to sell him and have clearly stated that I don't want to. Terrible reply
We don't need to sell Morelos we need to get some of our injured players back Dorrans and Murphy would do for starters Ryan Kent, has been missed for his great work rate and contributions,Davis coming back in January gives us more creativity we are going in the right direction but everyone wants it now.

We don't need to sell Morelos but we do need better than him, a proper no.9.

A tall order I know, but the amount of times Alfie is doing his work outside the box is unreal and it means we are so absent when we do attack..
I read some where he has only played as a striker for 3 or 4 years.
He was an attacking midfielder for the rest of his career and as a youth.
Maybe one of the reason he goes out the box trying to make things happen

Yes I know. My whole point is in this one coming do we have funds to sort this creativity problem. Gerrard stated "none or little business in January as we did our business in the summer"
Do you believe everything everyone says?

King also said If a summer target became available in January thed sign him

But... What's the point when we are desperately struggling to create. The point of the thread is do we have funds to bring in some quality and creativity? Otherwise the management and board may see it as logical to sell Alfie if a big fee comes in. Is it something we have to consider? We defo need a couple in the midfield. But then we would need atleast one striker aswell...

We've got several midfielders and none of them seem a cert to start. Is there any point in continuing with somebidy worth a good few million upfront when our lack of creativity and quality is this poor?
Hees not the problem the problem comes from midfield AM GOT HUGE PASS MARKS TONIGHT

Many teams sell their best player for million and invest the money in several areas.

Once again, I do not state we should sell him. I ask if the club will consider it based on the circumstances. I don't it's that unrealistic a thing that they may consider it.
Who are these many teams?

I’d be looking for more than that from clubs down south but Morelos cost less than half that
Fair point but it's hard to pick up decent players for that kind of money a think a lot of the time it's a gamble that can work or sometimes not let's hope we can find a few more alfies for same money we paid for him

Well this is a retarded idea.

If I've got this right you want to buy creativity but sell the very player who would benefit most from that creativity?

Where do I say I want to? The thread is headed I don't want to sell Morelos. The point of the post is will the club be considering it. Read it properly

Where do I say I want to? The thread is headed I don't want to sell Morelos. The point of the post is will the club be considering it. Read it properly
You then appear to go on and on to make a case for selling him. Your post did say you don't want to sell .... but. That style of writing hints towards that you would want to sell him

Last edited:
Have you recently had a stroke OP, or are you actually discussing selling the league's top striker because you don't rate our midfielders?

Yes sell Morelos to purchase a bit creativity.... then have nobody to be out attacking fulcrum and score goals despite creating plenty chances?

We do lack creativity in middle of park but we CAN create chances, we have done so plenty this season. Sadly we have stopped doing that and have become very one dimensional.

ycSG6vb.gif

Circumstances where others are not scoring as much as we'd like shall we sell the league top scorer..
Madness

I can see what the op is saying but it's a bit like Robbing Peter to pay Paul. Gerrard also said that every player has his price, if a ridiculous offer comes in then it would allow us to maybe invest in a more intelligent midfield and decent quality striker. However. I don't think the board would give a second glance in accepting a 10 million offer if Alfie continues in the same vain

Walter Smith won 7 trophies on the bounce selling his best player

(Admittedly buying him back at half the price a year later but still...)

I'd argue selling Hateley at the start of 91-92 would have been seen as selling our best player, although Steven was good.

That year we sold Johnston, Steven, Walters and Woods. Brought in Goram, D. Robertson, McCall and Mikhailichenko.

I agree with the majority of the thread saying selling Morelos would be madness, but after watching us week after week after week with no ideas then is it really that outlandish?

As someone said further up say we sell for £10m and guarantee the whole lot spent on replacements? Yes we'd be selling a £10m player but remember Morelos cost just over £1m. There are nuggets out there, we have a scouting network to find them. £5m on a creative midfielder and £5m on a centre forward sounds tempting to me.

I think if he gets sent aff again in the games coming up he will be sold. A love him when hes playing well but hes a liability simple as. Selling your best player isnt good but sometimes its needed cos ye cant have a top paid player missing games due to red cards. A hope he screws the head and fires us forward

You don't progress by selling your best players. You don't progress by selling your best players. You don't progress by selling your best players. You don't progress by selling your best players. You don't progress by selling your best players. You don't progress by selling your best players. You don't progress by selling your best players. You don't progress by selling your best players.

Celtic sell their best player every year. Its what keeps them afloat. Sure it's one step forward and two back but it's not as if they expect to win a trophy in Europe.

I have said for some time we should sell Tav and AM when they have very high sell on values, and tnen re invest in the whole team.

Both are good players but both have proved time and time again they will not win us things or take us to the next level.

I'd argue selling Hateley at the start of 91-92 would have been seen as selling our best player, although Steven was good.

That year we sold Johnston, Steven, Walters and Woods. Brought in Goram, D. Robertson, McCall and Mikhailichenko.

I agree with the majority of the thread saying selling Morelos would be madness, but after watching us week after week after week with no ideas then is it really that outlandish?

As someone said further up say we sell for £10m and guarantee the whole lot spent on replacements? Yes we'd be selling a £10m player but remember Morelos cost just over £1m. There are nuggets out there, we have a scouting network to find them. £5m on a creative midfielder and £5m on a centre forward sounds tempting to me.

Sooner or later it's going to be happen, we ARE going to punt Morelos.

If it means punting him for £15m or whatever and reinvesting it in the team ? It's a no brainer for me. How else are we expected to fund the rebuild ?

If it means punting him for £15m or whatever and reinvesting it in the team ? It's a no brainer for me. How else are we expected to fund the rebuild ?

Yes the key to that whole scenario is firstly not selling ourselves short and identifying achievable replacements beforehand. That's the hard part. Work has to be done behind the scenes before we sell on.

Jim McColl? :rolleyes:

Did you see any attacking threat tonight? Okay, outwith the Tav delivery from the free kick. Oh and outwith Tav being the only one to test the keeper the whole game. What's that? Oh yes, also outwith his play on the right hand side linking up well with arfield and using the ball intelligently every single time.

No? Me neither.
Intelligently every single time? Are you still drowning your sorrows?

If we can’t afford to recruit in January, then so be it, you don’t raise the money by selling your best player.

Yes the key to that whole scenario is firstly not selling ourselves short and identifying achievable replacements beforehand. That's the hard part. Work has to be done behind the scenes before we sell on.
And that will not happen in January, very little great business is done then unless you are willing to pay over the odds which we are just not in a position to do. I don’t think we will bring in more than a couple of players in January and a loan or two with Sadiq and probably Ejaria going back.

And that will not happen in January, very little great business is done then unless you are willing to pay over the odds which we are just not in a position to do. I don’t think we will bring in more than a couple of players in January and a loan or two with Sadiq and probably Ejaria going back.
More than likely.

Morelos needs a goal against them. It's just fact. If he can demonstrate he can screw the nut and score in the biggest games a deal could be there to be done in the summer with a Palace, Newcastle, Southampton or the likes.

We thank him, bank him and move on.

More than likely.

Morelos needs a goal against them. It's just fact. If he can demonstrate he can screw the nut and score in the biggest games a deal could be there to be done in the summer with a Palace, Newcastle, Southampton or the likes.

We thank him, bank him and move on.
Yeah I’d agree, the longer he goes without a goal against them the worse it will get. A goal and hopefully a MoTM performance would do wonders on the 29th.

Once again. I never said we should sell him I said will the board be considering it. You daft mate?
Support here for the OP - he did not say he wanted Morelos sold, he did not say Morelos was the problem, he is asking would selling Morelos be a possible solution? Allow investment in midfield and back fill up front.
I don't want him to be sold, I love what he brings to Rangers, and would far prefer further investment to solve the creativity issue but maybe that is not possible yet.

Support here for the OP - he did not say he wanted Morelos sold, he did not say Morelos was the problem, he is asking would selling Morelos be a possible solution? Allow investment in midfield and back fill up front.
I don't want him to be sold, I love what he brings to Rangers, and would far prefer further investment to solve the creativity issue but maybe that is not possible yet.

In an ideal world an Arab prince takes a shine to us.

At the moment our board need to look at every possibility for moving forward. Everyone is for sale at the correct price. An we have a smart enough manager and DoF to work with them.

Thank you mate. A non-bandwagon reply. Pretty sure if I'd posted this not after getting beat it wouldnt have been such a ridiculous response. It was a simple discussion how many of us think this may be a resolution and will the club be considering it. Maybe I didn't word it the best. It's not impossible that we sell Morelos for ten million and manage to buy 2 quality midfielders and a quality striker. If Allen, the board and gerrard are smart about it ti's doable. I don't want us to sell Morelos I think he is fantastic, if there's another way I'm all for it. The purpose of my thread was supposed to be asking the question is there another way.

Back