Gerrard post match RTV

As Gerrard says time to repay the fans.

Hamilton on Sunday will either be a distaster or a scrappy game again.

Any one of Kent Murphy Dorrens & Candias on another night could be match winners for us with these players out its up hill.

Thats my worry loan players again.. and thats a big worry

Its good that he says 'quality players", I and others have been banging that drum big time- wearing our tin hats!
Nothing changes until we get several higher quality players, He has got to realize that now and the Board need to back him.

PS, he should also learn to use subs better!!

I've absolutely no doubt the board will back him and wouldn't surprise me if they're already looking. The guy is class and he will deliver. Honest appraisal and like he said our focus has to kick ass in the league. He will bring the quality in necessary to take us on.

If we get a couple of quality players coming in January we won’t be far away from winning the league. The gaffer has that winning mentality and hopefully the players get into the same frame of mind.

Thats my worry loan players again.. and thats a big worry

I hope if at all possible, S.G. can get money to bring in 2 or 3 quality players as ztated in hus presser.
I think unless there's a quality loanee that we can eventually be allowed to buy, it's not worth the bother bringing them in,especially if there hearts not in it to give there all for our club.
I hope that the next signings are permanent, and that S.G. can build a team and play them regular, in the hope that he can get some consistancy into the side..as i think that's the only way we will get some success in the near future.

He needs the resources to get the 3 quality players we need.

A 10, a striker and a winger.

Loans should only be supplements to the squad.

Poor press conference from Gerard, just about the first one he’s had.
“We’ll go again” :rolleyes:

“The idea is to park up the Europa League and focus on the league”. Yep, brilliant idea to have once you’ve just been put out of the competition...

As for missing Kent, Candieas and Ejaria, well they haven’t exactly been setting the heather on fire with their form lately have they? Possibly a little unfair on Candeias, but still sounds like excuses are now starting to creep in.

Maybe I’m just hacked off at the way the last few matches have gone but there appears to be no-one at Ibrox capable of providing a spark to reignite our form. There are now too many similarities with 3 out of the last 4 seasons with too many players phoning in performances. January transfer window can’t come soon enough, I just hope there are some bargains to be had.

I don't think too much should be expected in January window
It's a tough time to get the right players in
A couple of loans - with Sadiq and Ejaria leaving - is about as much as we'll get
We should also look to resolve Penna situation though God knows where we will find someone to take him

What do you base that on??

He needs money, some actual proper real money spent on the midfield.

Without it we will win very little.
Would have to agree with you mate.the team as it stands just now simply isn,t good enough to win trophies. Unless we have investment in the squad to get better players .rather than loan players then I can,t really see us challenging for much.

Gaffer needs time and more experienced signings.

If Davis comes in he will be a great help.

Another quality striker and that helps the team

A more experienced creative midfielder who isn’t feeling the pressure like Ejaria will help

We cannot automatically expect a title winning team in one window. We have to be patient and we have improved and that cannot be questioned

Let’s hope we get some better players in

Sadie and Ejaria don’t seem up for a battle. Thanks for your effort and cheerio

We need real players when want to win games. Not pussies and divers. We need strength and character.

Ejaria and Sadiq will never make it long term. Shitebags and weak mindset

We stick with this man and we will be rewarded, I have no doubts whatsoever.
Precisely. Gerrard is a man who knows football in and out. He has no need to work. He is worth £60m or so. You can tell football is in his blood and he has the desire to succeed.

If we get a couple of quality players coming in January we won’t be far away from winning the league. The gaffer has that winning mentality and hopefully the players get into the same frame of mind.

We need to be in touching distance by the time we reach January for this to be true.

The way we are playing right now and with the fixtures coming up that’s far from guaranteed.

Gerrard got me to vienna tonight. Some of our players are nowhere near the level of being this close to last 16.

That we were given hope is brilliant, can't then turn round and slate the guy for giving us it.

Can only piss with the cock you've got.

As has been said previously without a cash injection we’re winning nothing.

Blind faith to suggest otherwise. Any one of their midfield walks into ours, and until we sign players equal or better than they have we will be chasing.

The thing is time is not in our side, they will likely be going for 9 in a row next season and let’s not kid ourselves we will be sitting waiting on it all coming good before 10. We’re staring down the barrel of a gun and to be honest it looks painful for us at present.

He's winning us our next trophy. The idea he won't but someone else will is just hilarious.

I think this is why I don't get too wound up by the poorer results.

Yes, we have a ways to go. We expected that at this stage.

But next season we'll have McGregor still doing his thing. Goldson, Jack, Tav, Barisic all hitting the 26/27 mark, start of their best years.

Docherty, Morelos, Rossiter, Katic turning 22/23. Grezda at 24. All still improving.

McCrorie and Middleton still eligible for U21s. Some younger talents looking to also make the step up.

Plenty from early 30s like Arfield and Candeias. That's all before any other signings are made.

We've not built from that sort of base for years.

Would have to agree with you mate.the team as it stands just now simply isn,t good enough to win trophies. Unless we have investment in the squad to get better players .rather than loan players then I can,t really see us challenging for much.
Precisely. Gerrard is a man who knows football in and out. He has no need to work. He is worth £60m or so. You can tell football is in his blood and he has the desire to succeed.

He’s worth 60m or so?

We should hire bill gates then, what a gaffer he’ll be.

He has made a good few mistakes this transfer window and will keep making more mistakes.

In Scotland he won’t be given more than 2 years to succeed. Rightly or wrongly that’s how it is.

He’s worth 60m or so?

We should hire bill gates then, what a gaffer he’ll be.

He has made a good few mistakes this transfer window and will keep making more mistakes.

In Scotland he won’t be given more than 2 years to succeed. Rightly or wrongly that’s how it is.
My point about him being obsessed by football is that he doesn’t need to work, not that his wealth makes him a good Manager.

I agree re the tenure.

Back