Gerrard post match RTV

I think this is why I don't get too wound up by the poorer results.

Yes, we have a ways to go. We expected that at this stage.

But next season we'll have McGregor still doing his thing. Goldson, Jack, Tav, Barisic all hitting the 26/27 mark, start of their best years.

Docherty, Morelos, Rossiter, Katic turning 22/23. Grezda at 24. All still improving.

McCrorie and Middleton still eligible for U21s. Some younger talents looking to also make the step up.

Plenty from early 30s like Arfield and Candeias. That's all before any other signings are made.

We've not built from that sort of base for years.

Sorry but Morelos apart not one of they players has made a geniuin consistent contribution and only Arfield looks like he might do.

Sorry but Morelos apart not one of they players has made a geniuin consistent contribution and only Arfield looks like he might do.

You miss my point. It takes time for players to make consistent contributions.

Next season we'll see improvement from players we already have.

Poor press conference from Gerard, just about the first one he’s had.
“We’ll go again” :rolleyes:

“The idea is to park up the Europa League and focus on the league”. Yep, brilliant idea to have once you’ve just been put out of the competition...

As for missing Kent, Candieas and Ejaria, well they haven’t exactly been setting the heather on fire with their form lately have they? Possibly a little unfair on Candeias, but still sounds like excuses are now starting to creep in.

Maybe I’m just hacked off at the way the last few matches have gone but there appears to be no-one at Ibrox capable of providing a spark to reignite our form. There are now too many similarities with 3 out of the last 4 seasons with too many players phoning in performances. January transfer window can’t come soon enough, I just hope there are some bargains to be had.
Think he meant not to dwell on what could've been and focus instead on what's ahead. Think we all want better players but money may well not be there until the summer

You miss my point. It takes time for players to make consistent contributions.

Next season we'll see improvement from players we already have.

I’ve genuinely no idea how you can confidently make that statement.

I’ll take the current players on what they have done and so far.

Most of the players you’ve mentioned have failed in most of the big domestic games they’ve played in.

I love that man.

Yes he has made mistakes but he sees the game as most people see it and talks sense.

1 or 2 more transfer windows and hopefully he has addressed our short comings.

I too admire one of the greatest assets our manager had, being able to shoot from distance, which is so sadly lacking from all of our players. Why is this not a training need up at HTC, how many games do we go through with only 3 to 5 shots in ninety odd minutes? and that’s if we’re lucky.

Just finished the interview sg keeps saying we missed those that were out. McCrorie must feel demorlised with that with no mention of him after a pretty good game.

Called it totally correct and I could not disagree with a word he said. A phrase which he used sent a wee shiver down this older Bear's spine. "We'll come again". That was the hallmark statement of great Rangers men (on and off the field) in the past. Well said Steven Gerrard. WATP

Seems pretty clear Ejaria is done.Can’t say I’ll feel any dissapointment if this does become reality.The kids shown some flashes of talent but overall has failed to impress. All the best to him.

Poor interview, we were pish, we never tried to win it, we were shit in the basics all over the park plus he waited til after 70 mins to change it

He’s worth 60m or so?

We should hire bill gates then, what a gaffer he’ll be.

He has made a good few mistakes this transfer window and will keep making more mistakes.

In Scotland he won’t be given more than 2 years to succeed. Rightly or wrongly that’s how it is.
He’d need to make big progress in the second one to get the full year or a 3rd

Seems pretty clear Ejaria is done.Can’t say I’ll feel any dissapointment if this does become reality.The kids shown some flashes of talent but overall has failed to impress. All the best to him.
The best part of this interview was learning that Ejaria might be heading back down the road to Liverpool. Goodbye.

I do like that Gerrard recognises we need QUALITY players. Identifying them is difficult but he will find us some quality.

No more loanee young lads from England, Stevie

Not saying he won,t mate.but not with the team he has now.liverpool loan signings and loan signings from Nottingham forest are simply not what we need to win trophies.

I know what your saying mate. But I believe he will know he needs a higher quality than them lads now after being here around half a season. That's what I hope anyway.

Precisely. Gerrard is a man who knows football in and out. He has no need to work. He is worth £60m or so. You can tell football is in his blood and he has the desire to succeed.

Spot on mate, he craves success, it's what has brought him into management.

Imagine Gerrard being called by Klopp about Ejaria... “so Steven is it true this lad Ejaria hasn’t got it?” “Juergen the lad has ability but not the application to make it in my opinion”, “who are you speaking about Steven, can I talk to you about Solanke”

He genuinely can't keep slating the boys he's expecting to go out and perform for him. There's no mileage in slating them tonight as we're out....there's no comeback.

Id expect not beating hamilton at home might bring about some vitriol though. Being so close to the transfer window, he might have some influence there

He’s worth 60m or so?

We should hire bill gates then, what a gaffer he’ll be.

He has made a good few mistakes this transfer window and will keep making more mistakes.

In Scotland he won’t be given more than 2 years to succeed. Rightly or wrongly that’s how it is.
A good few mistakes? What are they?

We have to have the funds before they can back him. We can't just throw money about we don't have.
Well as someone said above . Sadly he wont be given time.. time is a luxury yiu dint get at RANGERS, rightly or wrongly.
If you think people will still backing not only SG BUT THE BOARS if we watch celtic get the treble treble and 9 possibly 10..
To get the cash we need ,we need to win the league and progress into the champions league. This squad of players havnt the mentality sadly... wish i was wrong but be trueful with yourself and yiu know in your heart of hearts its true.a few loan signings wont make any difference

Are they supposed to just magic up money?

The solution is pretty simple to me.

We cash in on Morelos and Tavernier for as much as we possibly can and hand Gerrard the vast majority of it to begin implementing phase 2 of the squad rebuild,

“The idea is to park up the Europa League and focus on the league”. Yep, brilliant idea to have once you’ve just been put out of the competition...

As for missing Kent, Candieas and Ejaria, well they haven’t exactly been setting the heather on fire with their form lately have they? Possibly a little unfair on Candeias, but still sounds like excuses are now starting to creep in.

Maybe I’m just hacked off at the way the last few matches have gone but there appears to be no-one at Ibrox capable of providing a spark to reignite our form. There are now too many similarities with 3 out of the last 4 seasons with too many players phoning in performances. January transfer window can’t come soon enough, I just hope there are some bargains to be had.

Where do you start with this utter bollox.
Kent retains the ball better than Middleton, Candieas works better with Tav and Ejaria is a miss but there's something not right mentally so he was left behind. Not excuses fact! Any of them on their game would have improved our chances.

As for the similarities...… huck all like Warburton/Pedro's eras.

More like reignite our season. We’re staring at another written off barren season unless these players can kick into gear pronto. I don’t have faith in many of them so I think we’re looking at more of the same from last year, albeit I think we will finish second this year.

Back