Coulibaly must be considering leaving this football backwater

muttley

If I was him then I certainly would be after the shocker of a challenge on him recently at Tynecastle, which never even saw a yellow card, and the brutal assault on him last night at Easter Rd by Porteous, which was a blatant straight red anywhere else in world football.

BBC Scotland, naturally, thought the brutal challenge by Porteous was a debatable red card and worthy of amusement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/46628821

Last edited:
Shocking challenges he’s been on the end of and not one red card issued

Compare our red cards this season and not has been anywhere near as bad as the one Coulibaly has received

His treatment last night was terrible. He needs to cement a few of the opposition with hard but fair tackles, they'll soon get the message. Problem is referees wont see it that way.

Wasn't Ejaria slaughtered on here for apparently doing exactly what the OP suggests? :D

Ejaria was correct to leave Scotland if he thought his career could be threatened by repeated bad challenges that weren't punished by the officials. I don't blame him at all.

Porteous was good.
But could’ve walked for 3 identical challenges
One on Morelos I think it was where Jakey craigan claimed he got enough of the ball even if he was out of control. Then he tried to do Morelos on the half way line when he was spun & finally got Coulibaly.
All 3 were out of control and endangering not only his opponent but himself as well.
The boy needs to learn quickly!

His treatment last night was terrible. He needs to cement a few of the opposition with hard but fair tackles, they'll soon get the message. Problem is referees wont see it that way.
Correct m8 nobody tried it on with Souness or Kevin Thompson as they knew they were going to get it back big time

Shit tackles, wee kicks etc it is all just the dark arts....same way Coulibally was smart laying down trying to get Whittaker a yellow.

If players can't take a kick now and then they are doing sod all with their careers.

That thug should have been sent off for that shocking challenge on him.
The challenge was bad enough. But Porteus (while laughing) continually refusing to come back over to Thomson, he must have blown his whistle a handful of times, should have been the final straw. If he was wrongly going to book him and he was as he already had the yellow card out, should have issued a second yellow card for dissent. God knows we have had our fill of yellows this season for dissent. An all round cluster, one that we unfortunately see far too many of in our games.

The challenge was bad enough. But Porteus (while laughing) continually refusing to come back over to Thomson, he must have blown his whistle a handful of times, should have been the final straw. If he was wrongly going to book him and he was as he already had the yellow card out, should have issued a second yellow card for dissent. God knows we have had our fill of yellows this season for dissent. An all round cluster, one that we unfortunately see far too many of in our games.

That the BBC and others are now trolling us when even asking if the Porteous thuggery on Coulibaly was worthy of a red card says it all. There would be very different headlines today if that shocker of a challenge was made on Tierney or Christie.

There will be plenty more challenges like that before the end of the season, i'm not saying it's right but we need to learn to dish it out properly in retaliation. We've already had players seeing plenty of reds this season but we really need to start dishing out some bone crunchers rather than petulant fouls.

Its a shocker of a challenge. Not sure if sufficient enough to leave sottish football right enough however more shocking is the pathetic BBC laughing it off in that clip. Its fecking disgraceful from the national broadcaster and really boiled my piss today hearing that.
Assume they would be doing the same had say Morelos done that challenge, or any other Rangers player for that matter.

Very wild and outrageous but if one tackle and a bit of rough and ready makes you want to pack your bags then ill pack em for him.

We need to get smarter and give as good as we get without being as blatant.

Not just one tackle though was it. They kicked utter %^*& out of him last night. The one on him at Tynecastle could've easily ended his season. He's already been out for a good early portion of the season after being blootered by that wee McGinn rat.

We could do with a player or two that has that bit of fire in his belly and is cute with it in our squad.

Coullibally may be quite a big lad but he doesn't appear to be that man , his treatment last night was pretty cynical.

Lol at the state of these threads.

The tackle was undoubtedly a bad one & worthy of a red but hilarious to suggest it will impact decisions regarding his career.

Not just one tackle though was it. They kicked utter %^*& out of him last night. The one on him at Tynecastle could've easily ended his season. He's already been out for a good early portion of the season after being blootered by that wee McGinn rat.

Aye he may aswell leave en eh??

The refs need to step up a bit but bottom line is scottish fitbaw has always been on the rough side, if our players start chucking it coz its too rough then we will never win hee haw.

Could ye imagine having this convo about Souness?

Not a chance.

Time we get smart and dish it back out, id start by targetting broon on the 29th

Some of the tackles on Gers players this season have been horrendous, a good few yellow cards that could have been serious injuries and many fouls that have went unpunished.

Our game is a hard game in Scotland, but lately the tackles have been flying in, especially againt our players.

Pretty sure Odowu got targeted by many rash challenges and it seemed to be acceptable, Livingston player nearly ended his career with a shocker.

Oduwa funnily enough on trial at Livingston this week !

Aye he may aswell leave en eh??

The refs need to step up a bit but bottom line is scottish fitbaw has always been on the rough side, if our players start chucking it coz its too rough then we will never win hee haw.

Could ye imagine having this convo about Souness?

Not a chance.

Time we get smart and dish it back out, id start by targetting broon on the 29th

Aye, get Ryan Jack to make a Porteous-style challenge on Broonaldo in the first minute. That'll work. The ref will never dare red card Jack in a million years. :rolleyes:

If Porteous's thug challenge had directly connected with Coulibaly's knee last night, there was a good chance his football career could have ended there and then.
Horrible challenge, the little prick couldn’t wipe the smile from his face as the ref called him back.
Ideally that little rat will receive a horrid injury sometime soon. That will be the only way he’ll learn!

There will be plenty more challenges like that before the end of the season, i'm not saying it's right but we need to learn to dish it out properly in retaliation. We've already had players seeing plenty of reds this season but we really need to start dishing out some bone crunchers rather than petulant fouls.
I was thinking this very thing last night. The spoonburners were mastering the art of the follow through and they were getting away with it and the continued commentary "he got the ball and carried through, nothing in it" was interesting. Lets put Ryan Jack in a situation where he gets the ball and follows through. Quite simply he walks. I agree its the solution, I just don't think we'd get the latitude that the spoonburners got last night.

Horrible challenge, the little prick couldn’t wipe the smile from his face as the ref called him back.
Ideally that little rat will receive a horrid injury sometime soon. That will be the only way he’ll learn!
Porteous is the kind of prick who would be in a pub or a club giving it large and starting a fight thinking he's the big hard man.

I think the c.unt is starting to believe his own hype.

Hopefully karma happens next week at our place.

Yes no other league in world football has bad tackles in it. No, not a single one.

They do but most of the league's don't tolerate them. Straight reds and a ban. Wonder whether placing emphasis on protecting players is one of the reasons most league's are miles ahead of the Scottish Premiership and the Scottish National team.

A wee bit over dramatic I think. It was a bad challenge and should probably have been a red however lets not kid ourselves that A. Our players can make bad challenges from time to time, and B. It's not something that doesn't happen in every other league on the planet.

If Coulibaly would consider leaving us because of that it would be indication the he doesn't have what it takes to be a success in our team. Thankfully, I'm pretty sure he's not.

A wee bit over dramatic I think. It was a bad challenge and should probably have been a red however lets not kid ourselves that A. Our players can make bad challenges from time to time, and B. It's not something that doesn't happen in every other league on the planet.

If Coulibaly would consider leaving us because of that it would be indication the he doesn't have what it takes to be a success in our team. Thankfully, I'm pretty sure he's not.

Coulibaly has had three horrific challenges inflicted on him already this season, the McGinn shocker which kept him out injured, another at Tynecastle, and then again last night. He'd be correct in thinking if its worth it playing in Scotland when he gets no protection from refs.

Back