Todays Shankland thread

Thornliebank_Bear

We are at the stage where it would be fkin stupid to ignore the boy its the most obvious signing ever.

I hope we have made it clear to the lad we want him and to sit tight dont sign anything.

Football is a simple game, we cant score, hes a quality finisher, the boys a player.

Lets get him in, get him up front, lets get some goals. Maybe its a long shot but it might just win us the title even with refs cheating all the time and performing for the media a player like LS probably means 3 points in tight games like last nights.

Not sure if it has already been mentioned on the other thread(s) but an Ayr supporting mate of mine told me there’s a strong rumour going around that Rodgers/Celtic asked Shankland to visit Celtic Park for a “discussion” and Shankland politely told them no thanks.

He is a proper bear.

And will be wise enough to know he won't be short of decent offers

We are at the stage where it would be fkin stupid to ignore the boy its the most obvious signing ever.

I hope we have made it clear to the lad we want him and to sit tight dont sign anything.

Football is a simple game, we cant score, hes a quality finisher, the boys a player.

Lets get him in, get him up front, lets get some goals. Maybe its a long shot but it might just win us the title even with refs cheating all the time and performing for the media a player like LS probably means 3 points in tight games like last nights.

Why the fuck have you changed your avatar to Shankland? :D :D :D

Nowhere near good enough.

Hes my boy.:)

:)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

He's a natural now, get him signed.

About time the thread popped up or I would have been forced to do it myself! :p

Seriously though, get the guy signed up. Would probably have made a difference alongside Alfie as a substitute yesterday against Hivs.

Cannot wait to see him at Ibrox, in 3 years for St Johnstone when he flops at Swansea.

I think this would be an excellent signing, low risk and a player who would make a huge impact especially coming off the bench. He seems very much like a boyd type signing we need. If we can get a quality striker in like Solanke and shankland I would be very happy along side attacking midfield reinforcements

Clark scores at a rate of roughly 3 and a half games in the championship for his career. The fact that he scores that frequently is enough to bin this idea for moi.

It's a strange one for me. Scored a barrel load in the division below us, so did Nicky Clark.

I see he made 17 appearances at the sheep with 0 goals. No idea how many were starts and he was much younger I suppose.

Depends on the amout he will cost imo.

I wouldn't be against signing him as long as we got a more "guaranteed" striker in on loan as well.

For the money it would cost, he seems a reasonable gamble to take.

What have we to lose if we do sign him, last night again we failed to score and we are now second again, we cant put the ball in the net from open play and we cant wait for our strikers to regain their touch in front of goal, get talking to the guy or his rep and lets at least ask the question.

Shanklands scoring record cannot be ignored. We will have run the rule over him. If he has showed enough then we might well go for him.

Clark actually averages a goal every other game in the championship when he wasn’t with us.

Back