Supporter Bus costs

giffnockloyal

Official Ticketer
My 2 boys travelled on a bus from the southside of Glasgow to Livi yesterday. They are non members and it was 12 quid each. Seemed expensive to me or am I just out of touch?

We had to charge adults £15 each yesterday to cover the bus.

Still charged kids a fiver though.

When going to Ibrox it's a tenner a head and fiver for kids and pensioners.

My 2 boys travelled on a bus from the southside of Glasgow to Livi yesterday. They are non members and it was 12 quid each. Seemed expensive to me or am I just out of touch?

Sounds about right mate.

Anytime I’ve taken my grandson on a Supporters Bus he’s either been charged a much reduced rate or no charge at all.

However any bus I’ve taken him on has always been packed with not a spare seat available so maybe other buses that charge kids are perhaps not so full and need to do so!
However as kids are the future of the RSCs it seems crazy to charge full whack!

Non members who travel on supporters clubs buses will pay couple of quid extra. Imagine members would've been a tenner from Glasgow, surely no more.

Any funds left over these days help a little as well with it being so tough for away tickets and you are trying to get 15 bodies to Aberdeen away on a Wednesday night. And that is with about 4 different supporters clubs sharing a bus!

Ours is a tenner adults, £5 under 16,s and were subsidised through club bonus ball every week. So the lads costs were about normal!!!!

Out of touch bro we are currently subsidising our busses £60-70 per home game

Reasonable. Our bus was £15 adults, £9 under 18s and free for under 12s yesterday.

I was a tenner on Sandbank. I remember it used to be a tenner to Aberdeen! Bus costs must be a nightmare for SC's

Am with you mate. I think that's rather expensive. We are tenner for adults to ALL away games and kids go free of charge as long as with a paying adult.
I'd have been a bit annoyed at that myself.
In my opinion it should be cheaper for kids, encourages adults to take them rather than worrying what the price the bus will be.

Our bus from East Kilbride was £8 adults and £6 kids.

Would maybe be running at a loss at these prices. We have a very well run bus with plenty in the bank and can take losses at some away games. Not all busses are in our situation though and need to cover all the cost of the bus hire.

Am with you mate. I think that's rather expensive. We are tenner for adults to ALL away games and kids go free of charge as long as with a paying adult.
In my opinion it should be cheaper for kids, encourages adults to take them rather than worrying what the price the bus will be.
You must have a good bus company or raising money in other ways

We are £15 home games (55 seater) and £10 away games (minibus) - kids travel free so long as the bus has paid for it's self. Bus running from Peebles and surrounding areas.

it's not all about profit though, it's about going to watch Rangers. If we can do that and clear our costs then perfect. It's another 2 kids following us. That's worth it alone.
got to agree and i am assuming when you are saying boys you mean kids op? surely £5 each would have been reasonable as they were non members

it's not all about profit though, it's about going to watch Rangers. If we can do that and clear our costs then perfect. It's another 2 kids following us. That's worth it alone.
Course it's not as we make a loss most weeks. All I'm saying to you is if your getting to all away games for £10 then you must have a good bus company or like us raise money in other ways

£180 for a bus hire from Peebles to Aberdeen. Somebody's making a loss
We don't get enough tickets to run a bus to Aberdeen mate but there are games where we do run at a loss, we sell scratch cards etc to help cover this as well as a membership fee at the beginning of the season, that's the way these things work, it's not all about profit I'm afraid. Supporters Clubs do take hits and are unfairly allocated tickets sometimes IMO - a lot of time and effort goes into the running of these clubs every week.

We don't get enough tickets to run a bus to Aberdeen mate but there are games where we do run at a loss, we sell scratch cards etc to help cover this as well as a membership fee at the beginning of the season, that's the way these things work, it's not all about profit I'm afraid. Supporters Clubs do take hits and are unfairly allocated tickets sometimes IMO - a lot of time and effort goes into the running of these clubs every week.
That's my point in all this people saying they get to wherever for x amount which maybe they are. But getting there so cheap is done through bringing in money by other means.the true cost of the bus hire is much more. So non members getting to livingstone for £12 is about right if they have contributed nothing to the sc

That's my point in all this people saying they get to wherever for x amount which maybe they are. But getting there so cheap is done through bringing in money by other means.the true cost of the bus hire is much more. So non members getting to livingstone for £12 is about right if they have contributed nothing to the sc
Bang on, £12 is very reasonable. Our driver (big bus) always receives a sweetener off everyone on our bus as a thank you also - the minibus driver doesn't pay. At £12, there can be 0 complaints.

Queen Street True Blues charged £9 +£1 for the driver to Livingston ,
All non members pay the same .
Our 70 seat coach cost £420 to hire

is £10 for members and non members

not reasonable i'd say , we have a 440 mile round trip to Glasgow where adults are £30 and under 18's are £15 and i wouldn't say we are a busy bus averaging maybe 25-28 over the season

not reasonable i'd say , we have a 440 mile round trip to Glasgow where adults are £30 and under 18's are £15 and i wouldn't say we are a busy bus averaging maybe 25-28 over the season
Every bus runs differently though. Some pay memberships at the start others pay game.by game and others will have sash bashes race nights etc.

12 quid for non members does sound about right from any bus I've used which I've not been a member of

What age are the boys ?
Did the rsc supply the match tickets ?

Kids who's fathers have a blue or orange avatar are charged £6.

Kid's who's fathers have a green avatar are charged double.:))

Your not doing them any favours mate.:)

My bus goes from Cumbernauld and is £10 a game for members. £10 has to be paid regardless of if you attend or not and are expected to hand your ST on to the bus if you can’t attend and whoever gets your ticket pays your bus fees for that game.

Final home game of the season is generally free and members are handed an envelope with £100 in it.

Good system that works well.

Back