Neymar and his psg privileges

JS84

Special privileges include:

* Having two personal physiotherapists that are dedicated only to him

* In training players are not allowed to put strong tackles in on him

* He is also exempt from defensive duties during matches

* He is the only player that has his own branded bag and the sponsor that he chooses, while the rest of the players must have bags with the PSG logo on it.

* There will also be further privileges for next season, said Le Parisien, and he will have the right to take all the penalties instead of sharing them like he does at the moment with Cavani.

Link to article; don't know how much truth is in it

http://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2017/10/25/59f04cbeca474164098b4610.html

Wonder how long some of the other players will put up with it and demand better contracts for themselves.

Branded bags, fine, but he's no right to demand to take all the penalties, or to decide what role he plays

When you consider how good he is, it's unsurprising they are giving him whatever he wants.

I'd imagine Messi and Ronaldo get similar perks at Real and Barca.

The treatment he got during the Marseille game was as heavy as some of his highlights from when he was a kid in Brazil. He took it and got up and got on with it even when he was eventually sent off he had just bounced back up after another heavy one and the player took a kick at him after the whistle.

That's why PSG won't win the champion league imo. They aren't a team together, all about one player and that is going to cause problems at some point.

If Transfermarkt is correct, he's got 10 goals + 8 assists in 11 games...

I'm not sure PSG are going to gripe about having his own bag.

He is their best player by a long way so maybe deserves what he wants.

Does he f*ck. Acting like a complete ar*sehole is hardly going to engage him with the rest of his team mates. Are they allowed to speak to him or do they have to put their hand up and ask permission?

It won't matter as Mbappe will eclipse him soon enough.

They paid £200m quid for him, they'll want him to be fit, so can understand the reason for having personal physios

They paid £200m for him so I can understand why they dont want his own team-mates smashing him in training

They paid £200m for him and he's a striker so I can understand why they dont want him defending

They paid £200m for him so I can understand why they let him choose whatever bag he wants to carry

They paid £200m for him so I can understand why they want him to score more goals

In all seriousness with him going from a major European league to a lesser one (albeit one of Europes big five), and for the huge money involved he was always going to receive some perks. Im not sure if any of these are enough to piss people off to the extent they want to leave. Maybe the non-defensive one but who is to say thats not a tactical decision by the manager?

That said, the penalty one might suggest Cavani is on the way out at the end of the season

Surely other players at this level have certain privileges? Neymar is just fashionable to bash at the moment

Apparently that’s how Kilmarnock tempted Steve Clarke. All the other staff get ordinary towels where he gets monogrammed towels with his initials, rolling out the red carpet.

It’s a club with %^*& all history or prestige in a league that isnt a top league. They were always going to have to lick his arse to encourage him to join them.

There’s no denying Neymar’s ability, but he’s really unlikeable. Like footballs version of Justin fecking Bieber, of course Neymar is at least a world class footballer where Bieber, though extremely successful, is a barely credible musician.

When he is the one who sells all of the merchandise and brings in the Far East sponsorship then they will give him what he wants.

A point I had not considered but as you point out he will bring a lot of investment

Surely other players at this level have certain privileges? Neymar is just fashionable to bash at the moment
Taking all the penalties and not being required to defend aren't privileges. They'll get found out in the CL if they play with a man down

When he is the one who sells all of the merchandise and brings in the Far East sponsorship then they will give him what he wants.
He was brought in to win the CL. They've no chance if they allow this

Taking all the penalties and not being required to defend aren't privileges. They'll get found out in the CL if they play with a man down

Exactly, If you've Neymar playing out on the left and said don't bother defending, that left back is going to have a hell of a time. Especially up against Messi or a fully fit Bale.

I don't believe the not defending stuff. Phuck sake Messi n Ronni give loads when they don't have the ball.

Likewise no challenges in training. All clubs go full contact in practice matches. It's how they prepare for the real thing and would be pointless otherwise.

The penalties one is extreme, but certain players being all but exempt from defending is fairly common place at that level is it not?

Players take a lot of flack for these kind of things. If this is even true then its more likely the agent (or his dad) that has been banging on the table with all these demands. This in turn makes it look as if they are earning their fee when they go back to the player and say we’ve got you this and got you that.

PSG will take some beating in the Champions League this year.

They have a solid defence, correct mix in Verratti and Rabiot in the middle of the park and their front 3 are frightening.

Cavani's supposed digs at Neymar are quite funny.

I suppose that’s true.
What do you think PSG will be left with once Neymar and his entourage Hugh his image rights cut?

Wonderful player! It may be just me, but cause across like a wee dick! Other players must get annoyed with the sideshow

Since PSG seem to sanction everything he wanted, you naturally would push for everything you could get - feck team spirit.

You could have a field day.
Cradle of Filth on a constant loop over the PA on match day, manager to wear a santa elf suit on the touchline, interview questions only to be conducted through the medium of dance.....
It would be brilliant.

The penalties one is extreme, but certain players being all but exempt from defending is fairly common place at that level is it not?
Depends how the game is going. Defending a 1-0 lead with 5 mins to go in a semi, you'd want everyone back

A recipe for disaster IMO. The other lads, particularly Cavani, won't like it.

Neymar is a gimp.

Cavani scores alot but he also misses a ton of chances he is not anywhere near the level of neymar or other elite players, I doubt very much PSG give a shit what cavani thinks he is easily replaceable for them there are a ton of strikers around his level

Also been a few articles about him playing around in training not taking it seriously. Trying to do too much himself and make it all about him and no the team..

The Marseille v psg game was supposedly the top trend on Twitter over the weekend which shows I guess he's helping attract the viewers/intrest in the league.

Excellent player on his day,

Exactly, If you've Neymar playing out on the left and said don't bother defending, that left back is going to have a hell of a time. Especially up against Messi or a fully fit Bale.

Luis Figo used to do the exact same thing for Real Madrid. It's a tactic that worked for them.

With players of that kind of ability you want them in areas they are going to cause damage to the opposition.

Ask yourself this, would you be asking Messi to chase back to win possession, or stay high up the park for the out ball and a chance to run at their defence?

When you see the work rate of the rest of the PSG team it's a no brainer they are geared to getting that ball to Neymar and Mbappe as quickly as possible as high up the park as possible and watch the defence in a panic.

Special privileges include:

* Having two personal physiotherapists that are dedicated only to him

* In training players are not allowed to put strong tackles in on him

* He is also exempt from defensive duties during matches

* He is the only player that has his own branded bag and the sponsor that he chooses, while the rest of the players must have bags with the PSG logo on it.

* There will also be further privileges for next season, said Le Parisien, and he will have the right to take all the penalties instead of sharing them like he does at the moment with Cavani.

Link to article; don't know how much truth is in it

http://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2017/10/25/59f04cbeca474164098b4610.html

Wonder how long some of the other players will put up with it and demand better contracts for themselves.
He should be told to GTF.

I really can't take to the little prick, but he winds the scum up so he's a great guy.

r2sqbo.jpg

Back