Is there corruption in Scottish Football?

No, we’re all just paranoid and our biggest concern should be making sure other clubs don’t think we’re behaving like Celtic in the 90’s, because that’s what really matters, we should be worried about what Kilmarnock and Aberdeen and the rest of them think about us.

But back on planet Earth, yeah of course there’s corruption. There’s overwhelming evidence to suggest so, and I’ll tell you what, it goes a lot deeper than refereeing decisions too. For example, why were a bunch of scumbag crooks allowed to buy over Rangers, UNVETTED, before trying to sink us for good? Here’s another question, why then was Dave King vetted in a way no man has ever been vetted before when he took over? They just barely stopping short of pulling out the rubber glove and subjecting him to a cavity search.

We know the answers to these questions, it isn’t all just one big coincidence is it.

The SPFL is an impoverished league with high levels of incompetence, where one club uses their superior finance and political influence to take full advantage of a bad situation. We could do the same, but our club prefer to hold themselves in a higher regard than the other club in question. Despite all the bullshit we have to endure, I personally would like to see us try and improve things rather than take advantage of the current situation Scottish football finds itself in.

but the filth fans feel the same...they think its a masonic conspiracy

so...which is it

both sets of fans think the sfa is corrupt

The difference is we have the stats to prove it.

They are bottom of table with the number of cards issued, we are near the top.
We are top of the table of being cited by the compliant officer, they are bottom.

I'd be interested to know which part of it you find fault with.
Firstly, I don’t see the need to bring their paedophilic record into the argument.
To me, it suggests we’re more interested in their punishment than justice for the victims and weakens our stance.
Second line, the problem we have is that all too many seem to be listening to and caring about them than us or themselves.

Firstly, I don’t see the need to bring their paedophilic record into the argument.
To me, it suggests we’re more interested in their punishment than justice for the victims and weakens our stance.
Second line, the problem we have is that all too many seem to be listening to and caring about them than us or themselves.
I never mentioned punishment or the victims. I stated the absolute fact of their child abusing history and highlighted their ongoing cover up.
I can't for the life of me see why anyone would want to give credence to the opinions of the animals who still want this abuse hushed.

Second line, see the post I replied to.
I am quite clearly stating that we should not be giving a toss for their opinions.
The post I've replied to is obviously the one that shows someone listening to them.
I don't know how anyone can see my post as listening to or caring about them.

Do we believe there is?

On a similar note, if you were the compliance officer and had to ban two Rangers players to help disadvantage the Bears, and help the scum, which two would you choose?

Of course there is. She's a stick on ex employee / season ticket for that lot

I'd genuinely ban Davis and Defoe as they are upsetting the balance of the team , it just isn't the same with them in it, plus being honest im
Getting fed up of Defoe hitting the turf

dont believe there is corruption per se, more likely bias either conscious or unconscious

I don’t like to believe conspiracy theories but...

When there is obvious bias in the press with our players constantly under attack and certain parts of the press openly taking xtra payments from Celtic,

The press have been caught many times making stories up about us as a club and our fans, whilst also constantly naming the fact someone is a Rangers supporter if they are in the news for anything negative,

The BBC debacle - the national broadcaster unprecedentedly refusing to cover the club even though the exact same issue with a reporter has happened at other clubs,:)

The fiasco the way Rangers were treated due to our financial difficulties compared to other clubs,

The Scottish Cup fiasco - thousands of Hibs fans run on the pitch and attack our players yet the SFA tries to blame the Rangers fans as the Hibs fans input is deemed “over exuberance”.

The constant aggravating comments from politicians (who have also been caught up making stories about the club / certain sections of society associated with the club) and their unwillingness to deal with our club in an any sort of civil manner,

The highly questionable refereeing decisions that have been ramping up against us in the last few years,

The strange fact that we completely buck the trend in the case of a team having high possession and league position, yet are constantly in the lower end of the disciplinary table,

The Compliance Officers seeming to have a penchant for pulling our players up at a much higher rate than other clubs. Not to mention that fact that the Compliance Officer being from a certain background 3 times in a row is at odds of over 100-1. Strange that.

On the flip side...

The press constantly fawning over Celtic and quoting ridiculous links and fees for their players,

The press constantly covering up the dirty deeds of any of their fans when it comes to football related incidents: “football supporter”.

The burying their head in the sand of the SFA, media and Scottish Government to the blatant fact that Celtic, as a club, have covered up decades of child abuse,

The fawning over Celtic of politicians, who strangely are vastly overproportionally represented and the many dodgy land deals that benefit Celtic, including the astonishing refurbishment of the area surrounding the stadium at the taxpayers expense, even though the stadium was not even used competitively during the Commonwealth Games,

The constant allowance of their players to boot and elbow the opposition whilst pirouetting through the air in spectacular dives whilst the referee conveniently doesn’t see this,

The Compliance Officer seeming to forget that Celtic can even be punished even though there have been multiple occasions where they blatantly should have.

Although a lot of these points are political and outwith the control of the SFA, I honestly believe that there is political pressure working away on the club also.

Last edited:
Genuinely surprised at the silence from most other clubs. Can’t believe that amongst the other clubs there are not intelligent and alert people, who you would imagine have some discomfort about aspects of the way the game is governed. Yet, they sit on the fence. Just find it very strange.
This is our biggest problem , we are within reason treated the same as all the other clubs except one of course . These other clubs are not paying much attention to the scum because they are not really competing against them , it is only Rangers that are . From all the other sides there is really only Levein that would dare to call them out .

Do we believe there is?

On a similar note, if you were the compliance officer and had to ban two Rangers players to help disadvantage the Bears, and help the scum, which two would you choose?

It’s not gonna effect us we’re gonna win the next 3 games. I think everybody needs to chill out it’s getting embarrassing

One ref is we know about is an out and out cheat craig thomson, he reffed the celtic hibs match if these incidents happen at Ibrox,,, substitute broon for Ryan jack, their defender for goldson and Burke the front crawl champion for morelos and what happens? add that to all the other incidents against us o er the seasons, the list is endless

Firstly the referees are just useless so no corruption there.

In terms of the SFA and the compliance officer - we've had 9 citations this season alone, the scum haven't had one for the better part of a decade...

That can't just be a coincidence.

Where there’s large sums of money involved, there’s corruption. Due to the difference in losing out on the Champions League payout, there are people who will do anything to ensure they don’t lose out. They could even exploit the deaths of individuals to have games postponed, punish teams that have been exploited by dubious individuals, or invent end of season tours to far away places to ensure their advantage. There are no limits where large sums of money are at stake and it’s well worth remembering this. The media is normally our safeguard and investigative force but, like the governing body, I believe this has been infiltrated in Scotland.

Hard to argue that there isn't sinister forces at work, the media have been compromised. In general their has been such a malaise in the quality of administration and reporting that it has opened the floodgates to nonsense being spouted unchallenged. You can say what you like and go unpunished.

Investigative journalists are few and far between in sport, they are all about opinions and not for the good of the game.

The SFA and the SPFL boards are influenced by one club whose only being is to be politically motivated to address grievances of mythical proportions.

The disciplinary process is a busted flush, everyone knows it is, but will they be "allowed" to change it
?

The Killie player has a high, dangerous boot which CONNECTS with Ryan Jack's face and everyone is happy that a yellow card is sufficient. Allan McGregor slides out to collect a ball with a leg up to protect himself (I know, I know) just like goalkeepers do the world over makes no connection with the sheep player and he is given a 2 game ban and your asking if there is corruption in the game. I tell you what, if there isn't then there is certainly a difference in the way Rangers players are treated/protected by officialdom.

These are frustrating times but i think you'd need much more substantial evidence to claim corruption!

Asking for clarity on certain recent events seems reasonable. Whether that should be done publicly is arguable though!

The punishments and 'consequences' endured by Rangers for being the victim of criminal acts. Rangers gained no sporting advantage from Craig Whyte's criminal tenure.

The creation of the SPFL. Why did this happen?

The position of Compliance Officer, and almost annual tweaking of the CO's role.

Three separate examples. One club benefitting.

Corrupt? o_O

In my opinion we are now at the stage that every game in our league is being re-refereed by the tims. There is no hope unless these people are outed and we have balance and consistency. When we were kicked down the leagues we were powerless and the tims had the room to establish this scenario, now we’re back it’s clear to see the plan in full flow.

so...which is it

And outside us and them every other fan thinks there is bias towards Rangers and Celtic.

At the end of the day, it’s Scottish football. It mirrors Scotland in general - the people that run it are second rate idiots. Incompetents and clowns. Always has been, likely always will be.

You don't see applying rules to all but one club as corrupt?

I do see that as corrupt, but I don't believe that's the case. The rules are being misapplied to lots of clubs. Talk to any Scottish football fan, they have pretty much the same gripes as us. Many on here believe it's just rangers who are suffering because we only watch rangers, therefore we only see the injustice against our cub. It's happening to pretty much everyone else too. Doesn't make it any more okay, of course.

I do see that as corrupt, but I don't believe that's the case. The rules are being misapplied to lots of clubs. Talk to any Scottish football fan, they have pretty much the same gripes as us. Many on here believe it's just rangers who are suffering because we only watch rangers, therefore we only see the injustice against our cub. It's happening to pretty much everyone else too. Doesn't make it any more okay, of course.

This is exactly what I came onto the thread to type, so you've saved me the bother.

From the top yes there is definitely something going on imo.

The refs are just sh*te and incompetent but elements of the media, and those higher up in the SFA are making some really strange decisions at times with no real consistency apart from which team they seem to target.

The other mob are a small-minded opportunistic lot. They have an inbuilt grievance complex which forces them to dwell on anything that hasn't gone their way.

Around a decade ago, they started to seize a bit of power on the periphery of the traditional football world and that sense of injustice morphed into a far more aggressive stance and greater influence ensued.

Where that leaves us today is their CEO directing a lot of what the governing bodies do and a compliance officer who is a genuine celtic fan enacting a purposely flawed rulebook.

In my opinion, the CO has over-cooked the recent retrospective punishments and the media etc are starting to protect the game to an extent - either as a warning to tone it down or out of genuine concern for the game's reputation.

Except we're pretty much worse off than every other club in terms of bookings, red cards and being cited by the compliance officer...

You’re either with us or against us in this country :(
That seems to be the problem. Other teams are also on the wrong side of the CO , but as long as those h*n bassas are getting shafted, everything is hunky

You've misread my post bud, I never said it's happening to only Rangers, I said it's happening to all but one club.

11 of 12 premier league clubs can be cited by the compliance officer.
That is blatantly corrupt.

I don't think the refs are the cheats they are made out to be, I believe they are just really, really bad at their job and its incompetence.

The governing bodies however? Yes, I absolutely believe there are dark forces and influences at work.

I don't think the refs are the cheats they are made out to be, I believe they are just really, really bad at their job and its incompetence.

The governing bodies however? Yes, I absolutely believe there are dark forces and influences at work.
I probably don't either but some certainly feel the pressure from outside influences when refereeing us .

Last edited:
The situation now exists whereby the outcome of competitions (Cups, League etc,) can be decided by people not actively on the field of play. We all know the system is a shambles but having it changed is another matter as one club holds all the power with the authorities. So many spineless committee members happy to sit silently and scared to challenge the fat Japanese and his accomplicies. Some of them should grow a set and show self respect, but sadly they are happy to keep their perks and wear the blazer for show.

so...which is it

A quick look at the facts would tell you that one side has a legitimate complaint and the other doesn't.

Simple really

It's run by one club for the benefit of one club.

Smaller clubs are paid off with loan players or their debts are settled for pennies in the pound.

Look back at the events leading up to Feb 2012 and the subsequent decisions taken that summer.

It may not be provable in a court of law but there is so much circumstantial evidence that "conspiracy" is the only reasonable conclusion.

And it runs far deeper than football. John Reid, Jack McConnell and their ilk made sure of it.

Refs, print media,BBC Scotland, the games ruling bodies, the way our fans are policed, politics both local and national.

I find it astounding that so many can't see it.

Plod should have been called out by our club since that offensive farce came into being.

Routinely (and yup I'm repeating myself again) every month there would be new fanzines out; FF and No1. I get a couple of each, that would be sent abroad. Now, I'd have a wee pharmacy bag that fitted the fanzines quite snugly.

Without fail, every time I had my wee plastic bag out as I approached the turnstile, I'd be stopped by plod to check what was in my bag?

Yet the filth across the city can get 60 foot banners with terrorists on them and they are allowed to be paraded.

The double standards and the hands off approach to the filth is actually quite sinister, and that has to be coming from authorities.

Refs are not cheats they are just shite. The sfa/ spfl system is loaded with Celtic placemen, the media controlled by the fat Japanese and the bbc in Scotland ran by immature catholic schoolboys intent on protecting that club.

Is it corrupt? Probably but one thing for sure the game is not just 90 minutes on the pitch. They control the environment and removing key opposition players either by buying them and not playing them or influencing decisions to get them banned is part of the game here.

Does that make it corrupt or are we just not playing the game properly?

Do we believe there is?

I'm fed up with all this. Every team in this country gets incorrect decisions against them on a weekly basis. Celtic think it's happening to them, they think it's happening to us. The other ten teams think rangers and celtic get everything. The people who run the sfa are amateur clowns incapable of making intelligent footballing decisions and the standard of refereeing is an absolute joke. Every team suffers from it therefore at the end of the season its all one and the best team over the course of the season wins the league. Completely fed up listening to all this.

Just look at SFA and SPFL's employees that are Catholic and how many are of other faiths or no faith and that tells you the story.

I'm fed up with all this. Every team in this country gets incorrect decisions against them on a weekly basis. Celtic think it's happening to them, they think it's happening to us. The other ten teams think rangers and celtic get everything. The people who run the sfa are amateur clowns incapable of making intelligent footballing decisions and the standard of refereeing is an absolute joke. Every team suffers from it therefore at the end of the season its all one and the best team over the course of the season wins the league. Completely fed up listening to all this.
That's a no then.

I don't agree with you that mistakes are distributed equally.

Don't be fooled by the dark side fans. They know that the system benefits them. All this outcry that the system is against them is just a tool they use to ensure the bias is perpetuated.

Yes, they've (SFA and officials) have been got at.

Any bad decisions against them, its windows in and threats of intimidation against officials, threats to do all sort of things to their families and kids.

A warped breed folks. We don't know the half of it.

The new war must begin now, calling for the immediate removal of Celtic minded Clare Whyte from her role and for Peter Lawwell, a man whose club is complicit in child abuse to be removed from all boards in the SFA and SPFL

Back