We are dug meat

Stu_m85

1 shot on target.

Side to side then back then side to side then punt it. Lose ball, side to side, out wide, cross, lose ball, repeat.

Utterly devoid of any quality whatsoever.

We've got about 6 central midfielders all of which are very similar.

The league was over when we lost at killie this just puts the final nail in the coffin.

On to next season where we need to add a proper creative midfielder, a quality winger and a proper forward to challenge Morelos if he's still here.

Last edited:
Have to agree that was absolute crap, devoid of any quality whatsoever. The lack of urgency today was the big shocker, it was as though this was an end of season fare with nothing at stake at all.

With our league season now well and truly over victory on Wednesday is a must but if iur last two performances are anything to go by it is anything but assured - the one massive plus is Alfie is back.

The game lost to Killie has blown the league chances and we have poor ever since the winter break. No point signing Defoe when nobody gives him a pass that isn't 15ft in the air. Davis has been a massive disappointment also.

We’ve become obsessed with piling up central midfield players and refused to pay any attention to our striking options.

Lafferty and Sadiq were/have been woeful signings and Defoe just doesn’t have the legs to play our 4-3-3 system.

Absolutely criminal we never signed a creative player on loan in January as well when we had the yahoos on the ropes.

That window has decided the league they got younger players in and that gave them a boost we got 2 players
who have seen better days.

Should have brought in Greg Stewart even if it was only for 6 months. Candeias cannot play against teams that will do nothing but sit back and look to counter. He's not threat for goal and when there's 9 players in the box the crosses get dealt with easily every time

Leagues over now in my opinion. You can say all you like about my name but I’m sorry, we aren’t winning the league this season. We’ve blown it.

You are spot on. When Morelos leaves in the summer imagine how poor we will be then!

So easy to get a point against us. Basically sit in, defend and don’t make any mistakes.

Decision making is utterly shocking. You need to win the game. Make the pass FFS. Don't know how many times I was screaming at the TV... Pass the ball ffs

Winter break came at the wrong time.

Level on points after beating those fuckers at New Year.

Making a cnut of it at Killie after a few weeks off has fucked it. From level on points to what will likely be 8 behind.

Very poor.
We drew at home to hibs only days before the Celtic game , the winter break hadn’t changed anything , we have been inconsistent the whole season.

Problem is we are not significantly better than, Hearts,Hibs,Kilmarnock, St Johnstone or Aberdeen at the moment. We are miles better than last year, but anyone is still capable of a result against us. Every 4 games or so we win impressively and paper the cracks. Until draws at home to St Johnstone and defeats away to Kilmarnock are freak results, rather than routine events we are sadly not going to seriously challenge for the title.

Agree a piss poor Scum side strolling this due to our ineptitude .
Lost points right left and centre throughout the campaign has cost us .
Got a feeling Killie will take something off them and we'll be talking about what could have been

We haven’t shown any consistency all season to seriously consider winning the league anyway , before we beat the tims we were playing shite hibs away excluded and we’ve been pretty shite since the break aswell .

Very similar theme to other games where we have failed to break teams down we dont have any ideas and look as if weve never practised set prices before

Winter break came at the wrong time.

Level on points after beating those fuckers at New Year.

Making a cnut of it at Killie after a few weeks off has fucked it. From level on points to what will likely be 8 behind.

Very poor.

The break came at a good time I think, we were dead on our feet.

Either way, I dont think it makes a different. We have been absolutely shocking far too many times this season.

We have absolutely no guile in midfield. No one that can get beyond the striker, no one that can split the defence with a pass or control the game from the middle of the park and it’s costing us dearly! And we now can’t fix it until the summer so it’s another league title down the shitter.

Shades of Warburton/Murty and Caixinha.

It's an absolute mess and a Europe group stages qualification and fancy ex player in charge doesn't change that.

Domestically we are absolutely abysmal.

Hate to say it but if we can't break down shite like St Johnstone at Ibrox then we don't deserve to win anything. Totally lack-lustre performance today when the reality is we need to be flying out the traps every game.

Games like today can be won in the first 15 minutes if we come flying out the traps and show a bit of intent. When we come out play safe sideways and backwards passes and let them settle, you know it’s going to be a long day. Yes the ref was honking but let’s be honest, we didnt create a single chance of note. We have to be braver on the ball and risk the fans mumbling and grumbling if we give it away sometimes trying to be creative.

I’d disagree , our inconsistency means a poor Celtic can drop points and still stroll to the league . Too many of our players are simply not good enough .
I know, i am saying it with gritted teeth.
Just hopeful.
We have a massive squad, but it s been all about mcgregor and morelos this season.
The rest have been bit part players.

Mate they could lose 3 on the bounce but we wouldn't take advantage.

This team isn't winning anything.
The worrying thing is if we dont win the scottish cup then we in theory are no better than the duds we have had this past 7 years.
No cups or leagues is the same with any manager whether pedro or SG.
That sounds bad actually but is a fact.

Take away the euro results at the start of the season and we're just a hibs/Aberdeen/Kilmarnock level team. Capable of a good performance now and again, but most weeks it's pretty turgid performances.

Hate to say it but if we can't break down shite like St Johnstone at Ibrox then we don't deserve to win anything. Totally lack-lustre performance today when the reality is we need to be flying out the traps every game.

Correct

The yahoos banged 11 goals by this mob in 3 games and we could hardly muster up a shot at goal !

Tav and Candeias let us down today for me. 2 excellent chances that should’ve been buried
How dare you pick up on tav guys exempt from criticism on this board. Our right side is pish it's the same old shit all the time only.thing being it.works every 1 in 7 games.

How dare you pick up on tav guys exempt from criticism on this board. Our right side is pish it's the same old shit all the time only.thing being it.works every 1 in 7 games.
Our right side only works with teams that openly play, not against 2 banks of four, or at one point today, 5 at the back

If Morelos leaves in the summer and we don't buy Kent or get him on loan again then we have absolutely nothing in a creative sense for next season and have big problems.

Back