Middleton

Wonder boy on here according to some... he's young could turn out to be a player but i don't see it yet.. but he's not to blame for that performance..

Not good enough for us at the moment.
Probably never will be.
Needs to go out on loan next season its his only hope

Needs to be loaned out next season. He had a chance where he could have created something was him and Lafferty on a 2 on 2 and he just passed it wide instead of giving the defender anything to worry about

Very Gregg Wyldeesque in that they both came into the squad as unknowns who looked pacey and direct, but as soon as teams sussed that they started to look exactly what they are, very limited and one dimensional footballers. Glenn Middleton is a St Johnstone level player.

The baffling part was he played the last 15mins on the right wing. He’s all left foot and can only run fast in a straight line. Pointless substitution, he offered nothing.

Terrible sub from Gerrard again.

A player that is only good at running on open spaces against a team with ten men behind the ball.

If you check my posts I have consistently questioned Middleton's ability. Today was nothing new for me. Nowhere near ready to play for Rangers. Like a wee lost boy out there - again.

Should have been Lafferty for Davis as moving Kent in doesn't work. He doesn't get the same space.

Middleton was poor but we never played to his strengths either, playing the ball poorly to him.

Headless chicken comes to mind. Distinct lack of quality around him doesn’t help either. He shouldn’t be near the first team and it’s bad when we’re looking for Middleton to come on and win us a game.

He offers nothing and is simply an empty jersey.
If we have to rely on players of his quality then we are in big trouble.

Scared to take a hit and constantly looking over his shoulder.

To be truthful it looks like a boy lost in a mans game.

Today showed that the boy should be nowhere near a matchday squad.

The whole team were awful but I can’t think of anything he has contributed coming off the bench in months now.

His contribution today was several offsides, overhit passes, several needless fouls.

The boy is woeful if truth be told
sorry was there players on the pitch that showed they were anywhere good enough? no exactly how about we dont pick on the 19 year old.boy and focus on the tacticly adept manager who relies on morelos for everything

Looks berefted of confidence and his performance was so inept he could have been subbed back off if we hadn’t made all three changes.

I’m all for youth to get a chance if they are good enough but let’s not kid ourselves here glen is not good enough...

Today showed that the boy should be nowhere near a matchday squad.

The whole team were awful but I can’t think of anything he has contributed coming off the bench in months now.

His contribution today was several offsides, overhit passes, several needless fouls.

The boy is woeful if truth be told

I think we need to be careful how harshly we judge our younger players but there’s no getting away from the fact that he was awful today.

We need Jamie Murphy back, badly, but unfortunately he won’t be available until the last few games of the season.

He’s a kid, so I don’t want to be too harsh on him, however he really needs to develop a lot to be an asset to us.
My big frustration today was him absolving himself of responsibility. He got the ball twice on the right near the end & passed back to a central defender to cross it. Why oh why did he think a CD was the better pass rather than himself, a winger ?

Middleton is exactly the same reason I don’t get the Jordan jones signing. Both players need space to work with and to run at teams. Today was a classic example of what 9/10 teams try and do to us at Ibrox and that nullifies their strengths.

Erm, it's the manager who continually turns to him.

He should be out on loan playing week in, week out.

The long ball pish we play doesn't help him.

Agreed and charging about like a bull in a china shop giving away cheap fouls was so frustrating.

He is a young kid and should be out on loan, throwing him on to change the game sums up where we are at just now.

Don't like to be critical of someone so young and not much game time but gut instinct is doesn't have what it takes to play at the level we need

He’s had everything good about his game coached the %^*& right out him. Completely lost his way.

When you're bringing on Glen Middleton and Kyle Lafferty to rescue a game you know you're in a bad way.

I'm all for youth if there good enough the boy is a haddy and should be sent packing harsh maybe but true nonetheless

The boy hasn`t suddenly lost his ability, but he does look as if he`s lost his confidence. He looks as if he can`t wait to get rid of the ball and is extremely reluctant to take players on.

Far to much expectation on a young boy who looks short of confidence.

Why he is in the match day squad I don’t know.

He needs managed better as he is getting thrown to the wolves.

I think there is something there but in our current situation when every game is high pressure I don’t feel he is mature enough to deal with it.

Should only be brought on when we are cruising it and going by our current form that is not going to be any time soon

Back