Brown Tackle vs Broadfoot Tackle

Edweird

I see little difference between these two challenges other than the color of the card and of course Walker's opinion.
There was also a point in the first half I think Brown handled the ball. About 5 seconds later Killie got a free kick on the edge of the box and it was never revisited.
The gap is now 8 points and we can argue that Madden is indirectly (or directly) responsible for 4 of those.

Last edited:
One is a celtic player who has been protected for a decade now the other is a Killie player who made a tackle on a celtic player when they still hadn't got their goal yet. You could flip the names on the tackle and the cards would still go to the same players. There wont be any media outcry though as it's the team they want these type of calls to benefit them that got it

It just shows you how easy it is to set the agenda doesn’t it.

Browns is a straight leg with studs into the opposing players standing leg but Walker keeps his tempo and tone the same and calls it a yellow. Nothing to see here. The correct punishment has been handed out.

Not real. Then he goes and scores the goal. What is interesting is how little the ceptic players backchat the ref. They have been told to button it.

Taking someone shin high on the ground at speed, versus coming down on someone's foot in the air. There's no doubt Madden did what he had to do.

Both reds, but looking for retrospective action is a waste of time, he got a red in the end, so it won't make any difference now.

Had he been sent off during the game mind you...

Doesn't help us to make a comparison in this case. Broadfoot deserved red all day long. Of course Brown should already have been off but it's probably better just to concentrate on the shit he repeatedly gets away with

the fact madden sent him off will mean the CO can't give him 2 or 3 game ban

Sorry Henry, but if he’s if he’s been sent off for two bookings then the first one can be revisited. It’ll be interesting to see if Midden comes out and says he didn’t see everything so they can upgrade it. What they can’t do is change the effect the mongo had after that

When Steve Clarke finishes having a beer with the manager of his favourite team I wonder if he'll make any comment about the inconsistency of ref calls just as he did last week about one of our games.

Both reds but Browns reaction helped get broadfoot sent off if the killie player did the same by rolling about then mayb just mayb brown would have got red

I didn't think either were reds tbh.

Objectively, in real time I don't think Brown's was particularly out of control or wild (well certainly not as bad as others have been). I know it was a straight leg but I still think yellow was correct.

Broadfoot's was soft however he was certainly looking to leave his mark & it was very late. Still think it is a yellow a lot of the time though.

I see little difference between these two challenges other than the color of the card and of course Walker's opinion.
There was also a point in the first half I think Brown handled the ball. About 5 seconds later Killie got a free kick on the edge of the box and it was never revisited.
The gap is now 8 points and we can argue that Madden is indirectly (or directly) responsible for 4 of those.

That’s the same ref that gave power a yellow?

That’s the same ref that gave power a yellow?
Not sure but he red carded Morelos who got a three match ban. With him yesterday we may have had 3 points. Without Brown Tims would most likely not have won.
In the past two weeks I've seen Madden:
Aberdeen player incident: RED
Rangers player incident :RED
Killie player incident : RED
Celtic player incident : Yellow.
Look at the top 4 teams in the league and who won out.
If this does even itself out over a season we'll win the league by ten points and the filth will be relegated.

Brown's was a yellow. People let their hatred get in the way of rationality.
I think Horace is going fishing this time :)
Browns was off the ground straight legged and caught the man half way up his shin. Worse than McGregor.
Broadfoot was nowhere near as high as Power.
The only thing that’s consistent is that we miss out every fecking time.
Steve Clarke may surprise me and have something to say but I very much doubt it

Back