Never Stop Believing

We need to worry about being consistent and consolidating second spot before we worry about catching them we've easily got another 2/3 performances in us like we had at the weekend. The scum haven't conceded a league goal this year we need to be realistic here or people are going to be very upset

It's not really about belief, it's about being realistic. Mathematically it's not over but it would take some run from us to have a chance.

There's literally zero evidence to suggest we are capable of wining 5, 6, or 7 games on the bounce. We are more likely to drop points.

Our next 5 matches see us play Kilmarnock, Hibs and the bheggars on top of Hamilton and Dundee. There are dropped points in there.

We can shout No Surrender or Keep Believing as much as we want - it won't however make us league champions.

Steven Gerrard pretty much wrote the league off last night as well - miles away were the words he used.

We just aren't going to grind out 1-0s like the pedos can.
That's the sign of champions when you play bad and still grind out a win.
Ask yourself if this team has that in them?
We need to hope the Summer transfer window goes well and we recruit the right quality players.

I am an optimist, I am also a realist , we are not winning the league this season .

To be fair ,I never expected us to .

It’s done and dusted.

This keep believing nonsense is exactly that, nonsense.

We’ve fallen short when we had a real chance.

Disappointing.

Progress under SG, but we need to regroup and start planning for next season. We have 2 years to stop this rot. We all need to do everything we can.

Let's be honest

None of us gave them a fighting a chance to win it at the beginning of the season

If SG was to win the league it would be the stuff of Disney movies

Now what he has to focus on is finishing a strong second, narrowing the points gap, and winning the SC, and preparing for life without Alfie next season.....

I get where the OP is coming from, but let’s face facts. The odds are stacked against us, and we only have ourselves to blame.

the way the games are going pains me to say it the league is over plus going to be another double points. They will keep scrapping wins loosing the odd game and we will keep stumbling. 15-20 points behind again

If the fans can't bring themselves to believe in the team, what chance have the players got?

We need to get behind the players, will them on to victory every game. It can be done, and we're the ones to do it.

That's realism.

I don't think you can actually "will them on to victory". Much as that is poetic it isn't actually true.

December was our biggest month of the season, then it was January, then February

Every time we dropped points, all we hear is Keep Believing, the Goal is Coming and No Surrender, and it's the same problems on the park. No amount of noise from the support is going to make these players score goals if they can't lift themselves

Inconsistency has definitely been our downfall so far, but I can't help feeling that we have also been slightly unfortunate this season in terms of the timing of the two prolonged breaks that have occurred. Our two best League performances this season imo have occurred immediately prior to these (the international break when we cuffed Hearts at Ibrox, and the OF game on 29th December). Conversely, the Bheggars had time to stew over that drubbing and have come back seemingly unaffected...

What has happened to us as a support ?
Keep reading leagues over well is it really over when we are only 8pts behind them
with 12 games to go ? Will we do it I dont know but what I do know is that we as
a support use the cry No Surrender well lets live up to it and get behind the team
for the remaining games and as big Marv said Keep Believing.

Seek help, its over.

Of course it's still possible to win the league and our fans players and management must all strive for that - however the odds against are massively high. When you factor in the favourable treatment the mentally challengeds receive (and I do believe this is the case) from referees and the SFA the likelihood is minute but not invisible.

We were level with them after the new year game (albeit them with a game in hand), optimism was through the roof even after a bit of a shocking December otherwise in terms of results. Might have been the feelgood factor talking but I believed at that point we could do it.

Fast forward 5 matches and we are 8 points back and can’t beat absolute jobbers like St Johnstone, meanwhile they’ve won 5 games on the bounce scoring 14 and conceding zero.

We are miles away, absolute miles.

We are much more likely to get dragged back down to another dogfight with shite like Aberdeen and Killie for 2nd than we are to get anywhere near the title this season.

We cant win 4 games in a row the squad hasnt got it in them.

It’s fine having a staunch No Surrender attitude but the reality is we’re bang average as a team have an inexperienced manager who hasn’t learned from his mistakes. We’re harder to beat and unlikely to take a gubbing (please God) but we’re miles off winning a title. Under Sir Walter or Big Jock Wallace we’d have won as the scum did today against both Kilmarnock and St Johnstone.

Keep reading leagues over well is it really over when we are only 8pts behind them
with 12 games to go ? Will we do it I dont know but what I do know is that we as
a support use the cry No Surrender well lets live up to it and get behind the team
Aye ok

There's a massive difference between believing and being realistic.

We cannot go on a run of games, we struggle to break down teams, we are over reliant on one player. There's nothing we have seen that suggests we could go on a run till the end of the season and win every game.

Stuff like the OP is just head in the sand stuff, ignoring the facts and act like its pre 2012 again.

Unfortunately the Winter Break has killed us. We may have gathered some sort of momentum after 29/12 with our tails up.

2 things need to happen. We need to win every game and Celtic's form has to fall off a cliff.

I admire optimism, but those 2 things are not happening.

Unfortunately the Winter Break has killed us. We may have gathered some sort of momentum after 29/12 with our tails up.

Every one was crying out for the winter break.

January transfer window was shit.

Shoehorning Defoe and Davis along with Worral's mistake and weak minded players hasn't helped one bit. The defeat at Rugby Park has killed us, that and a lack of inconsistency in the first half of the season.

We beat the bheggars and have dropped 5 points since then. They have taken full points since the 29th.

I won't be writing us off till it's mathematically impossible

I will be approaching all games with ' no surrender ' & 'keep believing' in mind till the last whistle of the last game - just as I always do

But I also have to be realistic - things as they stand don't look encouraging
We don't have a title winning mentality on the pitch & our results show that

Right now even if we were to win every game left - the scum would have to drop points - so it may already be out of our hands

If we continue dropping points at this rate we could even struggle to get 2nd place

I know there are multiple reasons for our current position - but what worries me most is our lack of fight & commitment & that's not always an easy thing to instill if the personalities & / or mind-set isn't there jn the 1st place

SG has his work cut out & yet I thought getting the right attitude from players was what he told us was uppermost when recruiting -

I just hope he can get our players to respond correctly from here on in - because we really need to capitalise should the mhhanks make any more slip-ups

Firstly whether we as support believe or not can’t make the season long inadequacies dissappear. Secondly we aren’t good enough. Belief or otherwise.

There's a massive difference between believing and being realistic.

We cannot go on a run of games, we struggle to break down teams, we are over reliant on one player. There's nothing we have seen that suggests we could go on a run till the end of the season and win every game.

Stuff like the OP is just head in the sand stuff, ignoring the facts and act like its pre 2012 again.

Is the correct answer.

I think many level headed fans would "believe" after results like yesterday if it was something out of the ordinary, or a minor bump in the road. I'd still be believing if I could see us bouncing back from it and going onto win the next 5+ SPL games on the bounce.

Sadly it's been the story of our lives now for the last couple of years, this squad lacks the quality to be consistent when they need to be.

It's usually one step forward followed by about five steps back.

Watched their game today

If Madden does his job properly then Brown is off for his first “yellow” card

St Pats were pish. They played well first 15 mins no then Killie had the better chances but didn’t take them

Broadfoot challenge was stupid and IMO a red card

Brown who should have been off and his shot was going well over the bar but the deflection took it in

Jammy bastards

We can’t get a consistent run of wins so we have probably given ourselves too much to make it up but it’s football so anything can happen

Realistically they will win the league but who knows

As poor as they were today, they still managed to take the 3 pts...as poor as we were yesterday we couldn't take the 3 pts.....and there lies the difference

We’ll have to beat them twice and we can probably only afford to drop 3-5 points for rest of the games. If that happens I’ll eat my hat.

A number of things have fucked us this season. 4 main points in our league form stick out so far which have decided the league .

1 - The Morelos red card first game of the season. We were dominant with 10men for most of the game. If we had 11 we would not have conceded that equaliser .

2 - Dropping Katic for Worral for no reason when we played livi away and lost 1-0. The partnership of Goldson Katic was forming and they were comfortable with each other .

3- changing the shape to fit Defoe and Davis In against killie when they hadn’t earned a start yet in the team when we should have played the same team (bar Goldson) that beat Celtic.

4 - the game yesterday . All the games now are (were :rolleyes:) important and playing the day before that lot and winning to put a little bit of pressure on them is what we would have to do for any chance at this league. You would think playing a team at home who’s 6th in the table, lost the previous 5 games and in those conceded 13 goals would be a walk in the park and a game we should be looking at as a banker . Team never had any bottle to win it and was the final nail in the coffin for any chance at the league.

Back of my mind I thought it would be a hard ask but to wimper our like this again with no fight is pretty pathetic.

You can have a no surrender attitude in life while maintaining a sense of realism , these things aren’t mutually exclusive .

I’m fed up being told “ keep believing” and all the other guff that flies in the face of reality .

We are 8 points behind with a vastly inferior goal difference so effectively 9 points .

We can’t win 4 games on the spin .

With 12 games to go , we are not good enough, we cannot and will not win the league .

It’s as simple as that .

No surrender .

I tend to have a mindset where my optimism doesn't know when to give in, even when I hit a downer. I suppose that's a good thing. I still have belief if Hearts take points off them and if we can get a run going (queue up the negativity in response to my post here for stating that,) if we beat them at Celtic Park, we could be in a good position going into the split still.

Likely, Celtic will win the league, but I still believe.

A number of things have fucked us this season. 4 main points in our league form stick out so far which have decided the league .

1 - The Morelos red card first game of the season. We were dominant with 10men for most of the game. If we had 11 we would not have conceded that equaliser .

2 - Dropping Katic for Worral for no reason when we played livi away and lost 1-0. The partnership of Goldson Katic was forming and they were comfortable with each other .

3- changing the shape to fit Defoe and Davis In against killie when they hadn’t earned a start yet in the team when we should have played the same team (bar Goldson) that beat Celtic.

4 - the game yesterday . All the games now are (were :rolleyes:) important and playing the day before that lot and winning to put a little bit of pressure on them is what we would have to do for any chance at this league. You would think playing a team at home who’s 6th in the table, lost the previous 5 games and in those conceded 13 goals would be a walk in the park and a game we should be looking at as a banker . Team never had any bottle to win it and was the final nail in the coffin for any chance at the league.

Back of my mind I thought it would be a hard ask but to wimper our like this again with no fight is pretty pathetic.

I would add a pathetic December outside of good wins v Celtic and Hearts, which saw us pick up 2 wins, 3 draws and a defeat from the other 6 games.

We dropped 4 points vs bottom half Hibs and 2 v Dundee and of course 3 at home v the Sheep, absolutely criminal looking back on it.

Gutted.

Left Ibrox on the 29th buzzing thinking the league is there for the taking.

Couple months later and it's more or less done. January was poor overall Davis is done. We needed a quality number 10 and didn't get one

Frustrating thing is they are average as we have seen many times this season but we don't have the quality or mentality to go head to head and put them under pressure.

They won't drop many points now and even if they do we have a few more of yesterdays performances in us. Hard to take but got to be honest we lack quality and another trophy less season and questions need asked about where we are going under King and co.

Yesterday wasnt a one off, 7 draws 4 defeats in mid feb is awful. If this was Warburton, Murty or Pedro I wonder how our support would be right now. I'm all for giving Gerrard time but he better learn quickly, this side can't win 4 games in a row in this division. Even Motherwell have managed 6 in a row. Embarassing

We'd need to turn in the kind of performance that we did on December 29th, EVERY SINGLE WEEK from here on in, win every game we play, and hope that the mentally challengeds crumble spectacularly and lose at least three games more, whilst we lose none.

On Saturday, I watched us struggle to put a single goal past a team that the mentally challengeds put nine past, in a fortnight.

If you genuinely think, that this current shower are going to miraculously find the drive, tenacity, doggedness, skill and determination to suddenly turn in league-winning form in every game, from here on in, then I take my hat off to you.

Gerrard has improved them, but he has improved them from rank rotten to bang average. We're still deficient and we lack self belief. The main reason many people don't believe in them, is because they don't believe in themselves.

Back