Boyd slams coin thrower but dismisses sectarian chants at him as banter

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Boyd was unhurt by the incident, which was caught by Sky Sports cameras, but hit out at the idiot fan. He told SunSport: “It’s one thing supporters singing about you, but when someone throws a coin to hurt you, it’s totally out of order.
I’m big enough to be able to take verbal abuse and expect it most weeks now. “My mentality has always been that I will shut those folk up by scoring goals.
But it’s unacceptable when some people go further than banter and decide to throw coins at you. “It’s a disgrace and I hope the CCTV shows exactly who it was and they get punished.
There have been more and more incidents like that creeping into the game lately and it has to be stamped out before someone gets seriously hurt.”

Despite some things he has said in the media, I do think Boyd is one of us. But what chance do we have when clear anti Protestant bigotry gets ignored by our own?

The mhedia will call it "banter"

Compare it to the "Anti Irish catholic abuse"when lennon got hit with a coin.

Double standards.

I had forgot all about that.

Gets hits on his padded jacket...smiles, thinks about it for a second...then goes down holding his face for several minutes as if brad pitts character in Snatch has just whacked him.

Appears on the tv afterwards without a mark on him...and no one - absolutely no one - in the media point out he made a meal of it.

Sticks and stones (and coins) will break your bones but words will never harm you ! I think Kris is just being pragmatic. He'll have heard it all before.

Boyd was unhurt by the incident, which was caught by Sky Sports cameras, but hit out at the idiot fan. He told SunSport: “It’s one thing supporters singing about you, but when someone throws a coin to hurt you, it’s totally out of order.
I’m big enough to be able to take verbal abuse and expect it most weeks now. “My mentality has always been that I will shut those folk up by scoring goals.
But it’s unacceptable when some people go further than banter and decide to throw coins at you. “It’s a disgrace and I hope the CCTV shows exactly who it was and they get punished.
There have been more and more incidents like that creeping into the game lately and it has to be stamped out before someone gets seriously hurt.”

Despite some things he has said in the media, I do think Boyd is one of us. But what chance do we have when clear anti Protestant bigotry gets ignored by our own?
All Boyd cares about is his 30 pieces of silver from his mates in the media.
Banter, it's outright sectarian bigotry Kris ffs.

Gets hits on his padded jacket...smiles, thinks about it for a second...then goes down holding his face for several minutes as if brad pitts character in Snatch has just whacked him.

Appears on the tv afterwards without a mark on him...and no one - absolutely no one - in the media point out he made a meal of it.

Look where it has got him ! I'm sure that would've been tallied up along with his other misdemeanours.

All Boyd cares about is his 30 pieces of silver from his mates in the media.
Banter, it's outright sectarian bigotry Kris ffs.

You’re right it is sectarian, but don’t think you can be too hard on Boyd, everyone I know including me doesn’t get offended by the stuff shouted at the football.

Although he should be smarter and use it to his advantage as the mentally challengeds definitely use every angle to make themselves the victims.

Look where it has got him ! I'm sure that would've been tallied up along with his other misdemeanours.
He walked away from hivs with his reputation unsullied,his misdeameanours airbrushed but the anti Irish sectarianism at the fore front of Scottish politics firmly ingrained in the collective mindset of the unwashed.

To be honest - you need to be a wanker to get so upset with the "sectarian" abuse. This is why it only appears to be Catholics and Celtic players/fans who get so upset.

Nobody actually gives a shit other than them.
It's the mhedia and the mentally challenged loving SNP, double standards that is the issue, uproar when lennon gets with a coin, it's debated as "vile protestant hatred towards an Irish catholic " you won't see any "vile catholic hatred towards protestants" debates in the scottish parliament next Thursday.

It's the mhedia and the mentally challenged loving SNP, double standards that is the issue, uproar when lennon gets with a coin, it's debated as "vile protestant hatred towards an Irish catholic " you won't see any "vile catholic hatred towards protestants" debates in the scottish parliament next Thursday.
Oh, I get that and you are right. It's the fact it's ignored that's the problem. However, they're not going to get someone like Boyd upset with some crap insults. However, the other way around the permanently persecuted will have a greet.

You’re right it is sectarian, but don’t think you can be too hard on Boyd, everyone I know including me doesn’t get offended by the stuff shouted at the football.

Although he should be smarter and use it to his advantage as the mentally challengeds definitely use every angle to make themselves the victims.
Get your point mate,it's the double standards that makes it so fuckin hard to take.
In an ideal world you give it out but take it back and move on.
But it seems ok for them to give it out but squeal like pigs when it's given to them.
Hypocrites.

We sing songs about 19th Century Terrorists, they sing songs about the ira. It’s the way it’s been and it will always be that way. Anybody that takes offence to them singing their songs need to get a grip.
It's the double standards that pisses me off, it's called "sectarian" songs when it's Rangers fans, but "political"songs when its the mentally challengeds.

When the Heart's fan 'attacked' him and fell over TLB started kicking the shit out of him as he lay helpless on the ground. Early TV pictures quite clearly showed this. They were then edited and the footage of TLB kicking the guy disappeared.

No one asked who did this or why but we all know.

A can assure you boyd is one of us

The problem is that now this "banter" seems to carry on in to the streets and super markets of Glasgow. The more it is laughed off (by one side) the more empowered they become. A Rangers supporter was imprisoned for singing a similar song. Will any of the Tims in the background be arrested? Probably not. Will their club seek them out? Stop laughing at the back of the class room.
Let's remember the various super market incidents when our players have been accosted by Jakeys with a subsidized phone. Or the Nacho Novo incident in the car park of an airport.

KB's post on Instagram:

We’re lead to believe they’re the Greatest Fans in the World!!!
Wrecking seats, flares and invading the park!
Oh, and in case anyone didn’t know, I’m just a fat ORANGE (it must just be my favourite colour) b***tard.
The shouts and abuse I can handle as a bit of bantereven tho if others it would be sectarianism
Getting hit with a coin, though, is a step too far.
Don’t worry, I wasn’t injured but if it doesn’t stop someone will end up with a bad injury.
Thought those days in football were over‍♂️

====
He accompanies the post with a video of the coin hitting him and the wrecked seats.

Get your point mate,it's the double standards that makes it so fuckin hard to take.
In an ideal world you give it out but take it back and move on.
But it seems ok for them to give it out but squeal like pigs when it's given to them.
Hypocrites.

Aye agree, it needs highlighted more, victim FC have been playing the game better than us and have everyone under their thumb.

He walked away from hivs with his reputation unsullied,his misdeameanours airbrushed but the anti Irish sectarianism at the fore front of Scottish politics firmly ingrained in the collective mindset of the unwashed.
Lets see what hi next job is...only the desperate will employ him. I reckon his cover is blown.

I hate how we always make excuses for these bastards and they play victims. All the way the ballot box. Stand up for what and who you are

Great post by KB on his Instagram. Well in, Boydie!

Really highlights that shower for what they are.
Lets see what hi next job is...only the desperate will employ him. I reckon his cover is blown.
TLB will be sitting in a tv studio talking pish in the near future.
He's made enough money over his career of being a republican bigot to be quite comfortably well off,unlike people like you and i.
With the greatest respect mate I think it's a bit naive to think that we've seen the last of the Scottish media's and politicians favourite victim.

Over to you Nil By Mouth………

Boyd is quite right, he doesn’t give a crap about a few words being shouted at him, it’s only utter throbbers like Lennon who get offended. It’s up to others to raise the blatant double standards, but if Boyd doesn’t take offence then I’d be embarrassed if he came out and pretended he did.

The coin is a totally different thing though and is dangerous. Anyone caught doing it should have an automatic lifetime ban.

TLB will be sitting in a tv studio talking pish in the near future.
He's made enough money over his career of being a republican bigot to be quite comfortably well off,unlike people like you and i.
With the greatest respect mate I think it's a bit naive to think that we've seen the last of the Scottish media's and politicians favourite victim.

Was on bt sport score st the weekend. Doing the hibs game but clearly looking at the game on Sutton’s screen (us).

I would love to be able to call my boss a “clueless dyke” and then end up in a well paid tv job within 2 weeks. The fact it has never been officially leaked that he said this shows how protected Lennon is in Scotland. No chance anyone also is afforded that same discretion by headline chasing editorial staff.

Back