RTV delayed transmission on Wednesday?

Is there time to arrange an FF drone to fly over the stadium and live stream the game on Periscope?

FFS, getting myself all worked up about no RTV news as to whether the game is to be shown or not.....then realised today is Tuesday, not Wednesday ! Doh :rolleyes:!

its a little dissapointing not to have any clarity on the RTV website.

It's not difficult; it's not on sorry, or we're delaying the broadcast or something siple and concise.

its a little dissapointing not to have any clarity on the RTV website.

It's not difficult; it's not on sorry, or we're delaying the broadcast or something siple and concise.
Agree mate. Sooner they announce what’s happening, the more time there is to attract new subscribers.

They'll delay it as long as they can to try to sell more tickets.
Agree mate. Sooner they announce what’s happening, the more time there is to attract new subscribers.

I don't think there is anything to announce to gain new subscribers. It won't be shown live on RangersTV. Confirming that might add a few to the gate but not a lot.

If you want to see this in real time then get to Ibrox if you can. It's the only way you will.

Rangers tv didn't have the rerun of the last game against cowdenbeath on until the next night. Said something about because of the rules of the cup delayed coverage will only be available at 10 the night after. I would imagine this game will be the exact same and will be on Rangers tv no earlier than 10 on Thursday night. Premier sport must have it written into their contract that games can only be shown on other platforms 24 hours later. Another shambles by the people that run the game and completely devaluing the competition as very few people are going to spend the money on that shit channel.

This makes no sense.

Primarily RTV is for overseas subscribers.

I know it's not the clubs fault but I pay a subcription to RTV to avoid other subscriptions. It was bad enough having to use BT for the Europa League games. A third subscription just to watch the game as near to "live" as possible is pushing it somewhat.

The 'rule' only applies to top flight games as has been repeatedly stated throughout the thread. The EFL is not 'top flight', despite the hype.

In fairness, top flight matches HAVE been shown when CL matches are on. In those instances, the broadcaster pays the fine to UEFA.

It's the FA who pay the fine.

Rangers tv didn't have the rerun of the last game against cowdenbeath on until the next night. Said something about because of the rules of the cup delayed coverage will only be available at 10 the night after. I would imagine this game will be the exact same and will be on Rangers tv no earlier than 10 on Thursday night. Premier sport must have it written into their contract that games can only be shown on other platforms 24 hours later. Another shambles by the people that run the game and completely devaluing the competition as very few people are going to spend the money on that shit channel.

That was for UK viewers only mate, i am sure i watched that game live via RTV as i was, ahem, in "Belgium"

So if Premier sports are re-playing it at 2210 in the UK then you would think that RTV would play as live for overseas bears

Just listened to the daily update on the heart and hand podcast on Patreon and David said rtv are showing the game as live from ten tommorow night

That was for UK viewers only mate, i am sure i watched that game live via RTV as i was, ahem, in "Belgium"

So if Premier sports are re-playing it at 2210 in the UK then you would think that RTV would play as live for overseas bears

Think I was the same. Watched it live with vpn and then tried to watch it again later on that night but it said will be available to view the next night from 10. Not 100% if I had vpn on at second attempt at viewing though but have never seen the will be available next day thing before as it's always been midnight on day of the game or thereabouts.

I’ve paid for my tickets and can’t go it’s a fucking joke that it’s not shown live

Another shambles by the people that run the game and completely devaluing the competition as very few people are going to spend the money on that shit channel.
I wouldn't say it was a shit channel, to my mind it broadcasts Rangers games that aren't on anywhere else. What's shit about that?

There is no way on earth I’ll be able to avoid the result before 10pm the next evening. Makes the delayed broadcast null and void unless something spectacular happens like we manage to break down 2 banks of four on multiple occasions:)

It's also on Freesports at 10:10PM on Wednesday night for anybody that doesn't have Premier sports

My local think they're showing it tomorrow night, no idea where they are getting their feed from :D

I wouldn't say it was a shit channel, to my mind it broadcasts Rangers games that aren't on anywhere else. What's shit about that?

Premier Sports I think he means mate.

And I’d agree, it’s a complete disgrace that if you legally want to watch Scottish a Football you require 3 different subscriptions.

It's only league cup games as far as I know that it shows. There is no way I am taking out yet another subscription a month for one or two games. Also put right off them a year or so ago with the amount of people having problems trying to cancel the subscription.

It's only league cup games as far as I know that it shows. There is no way I am taking out yet another subscription a month for one or two games. Also put right off them a year or so ago with the amount of people having problems trying to cancel the subscription.
I can only speak from my own experience and on 2 occasions with I've cancelled (after Progres 17/18 & UFA this season) it's been one simple phone call. Anyhow, looks like it is also on Freesports tomorrow at 10.10

Premier Sports I think he means mate.

And I’d agree, it’s a complete disgrace that if you legally want to watch Scottish a Football you require 3 different subscriptions.
I know he's on about Premier Sports but I don't see what's shit about that particular channel, I get having our games split over 3 different providers is shit

waiting until the 10.10 premier sports delayed coverage sounds easy, but it f-ucking aint. you always get some c-unt trying to let you know the result eh...
ive tried a few times to achieve this in similar situations. its a hard thing to do and you know your nervous, exited etc etc yet if you did find out we won 3 nil you would be happy!
W.A.T.P!

Last edited:
I’ll be refreshing Twitter for live updates, I’ll watch the full match if we win, highlights if we don’t.

I don’t understand why anyone would want to do it or how they can do it.

I’ll be constantly checking.

I'm at the game fortunately tomorrow but for those not going I'd suggest deleting bbc sport, sky sports, football apps etc as they're a bugger for random notifications with scores!

From premier sports website -

10:10 pm
Scottish Cup
Rangers v Kilmarnock

Full coverage from Ibrox of tonight's Scottish Cup replay. Gerrard will be hoping the return of Morelos from suspension will fire them into a quarter-final against Aberdeen.

Back