RTV delayed transmission on Wednesday?

I can just about understand a delay till 10 PM on the night, but for RTV to be delayed till 10PM the following night is utterly mental.

Reactions: TBM
I'm confused!
Is the situation that PremierSports will have a delayed transmission but the game will still be live on RTV for those popping out of the country for the evening?

I can just about understand a delay till 10 PM on the night, but for RTV to be delayed till 10PM the following night is utterly mental.

Maybe because the rights holder has 1st claim?

2016 it was made available after the game due to the fact Sky Sports weren't going to show a delayed transmission

sounds easy, but it f-ucking aint. you always get some c-unt trying to let you know the result eh...
ive tried a few times to achieve this in similar situations. its a hard thing to do and you know your nervous, exited etc etc yet if you did find out we won 3 nil you would be happy!
W.A.T.P!
Just buy a ticket and go to match

I'm confused!
Is the situation that PremierSports will have a delayed transmission but the game will still be live on RTV for those popping out of the country for the evening?

The situation is that the game is not live on any channel, anywhere.

Premier Sports have it listed as the full game at 10:10pm on Wednesday.
RangersTV have the full game from 10pm on Thursday.

Why RTV has to wait an extra 24 hours seems ridiculous to me.

Thanks for that.
I can't ever recall RTV having a delayed transmission for our overseas supporters...strange one!

Thanks for that.
I can't ever recall RTV having a delayed transmission for our overseas supporters...strange one!

There has been delayed coverage before, Cowdenbeath this season I'm sure. But they did also have that live whereas with tomorrow's game they don't.

Broadcast rules are a farce.

Can just picture stewards looking for people showing the game on periscope. Switch off and say you were watching the champs league game:)

I’m on Virgin and Premier have Serie A lister tomorrow night on the planner

I’m on Virgin and Premier have Serie A lister tomorrow night on the planner

This is from their site:

IMG201902191037591550605003.jpg

Blame our good old SFA for yet another piss poor broadcasting deal that is exclusive only to Premier Sports

There has been delayed coverage before, Cowdenbeath this season I'm sure. But they did also have that live whereas with tomorrow's game they don't.

Broadcast rules are a farce.

Cowdenbeath was live. Europa League group games were delayed on RTV, although they could be viewed legally elsewhere such as Bleacher Report in the US.

There was a delayed coverage of Kilmarnock cup replay in February 2016 - again due to Champions League.

Agree, it's a farce.

That's right. RTV wasn't allowed to show them live, only from midnight that night.

I was on vacation in the north of Scotland at the end of August last year when we played Ufa,the Rangers club played it by the book and didn't try to bring the game in on an illegal stream to honour the RTV rule,meanwhile a pub five minutes away that's normally frequented by the few scum supporters up there were watching the game,no doubt hoping we were going to lose.

I was on vacation in the north of Scotland at the end of August last year when we played Ufa,the Rangers club played it by the book and didn't try to bring the game in on an illegal stream to honour the RTV rule,meanwhile a pub five minutes away that's normally frequented by the few scum supporters up there were watching the game,no doubt hoping we were going to lose.
What channel were they watching...….just asking like!
:cool:

I have a blackout over here tomorrow until the delayed game comes on at 2pm here in BC Canada, no internet or tv until game starts, not hard for me over in this nick of the woods's but I feel for you Bears at home trying to avoid the score, hopefully a good result.

I have a blackout over here tomorrow until the delayed game comes on at 2pm here in BC Canada, no internet or tv until game starts, not hard for me over in this nick of the woods's but I feel for you Bears at home trying to avoid the score, hopefully a good result.

How are you watching it tomorrow at 2?

What channel were they watching...….just asking like!
:cool:

Couldn't tell you I wasn't there,it's a pub I usually avoid when I'm up there but they went to the trouble of bringing in a stream of the game when the RSC didn't want to oppose the RTV rule.
I couldn't wait til late evening so I followed the text of the game on a computer in the library,it was the 1-1 game,then I went to the RSC later for a few beers.

Back