Kenny Miller to replace Pedro?

bloodandfire

I see PaddyPower have him as 3/1 favourite.
I've personally thought Kenny might be manager potential when he eventually hangs up his boots and was keen for him to take on a coaching role. Would this be a gamble or a shrewd move by the Board, given he knows all about the existing squad, they too know him, and, let's face it, it would be a reasonably cheap option given our financial circumstances.
Any Bears keen of this actually happening?

I've personally thought Kenny might be manager potential when he hung up his boots and was keen for him to take on a coaching role. Would this be a gamble or a shrewd move by the Board, given he knows all about the existing squad, they too know him, and, let's face it, it would be a reasonably cheap option given our financial circumstances.

Doubt it.
Would be an insane appointment.

There are very few appointments that would make me consider not going to the games. Kenny Miller getting the gig would make me think long and hard about it.

I will still go but would be far from happy. I wouldn't imagine I'm alone and unless he turns things round Rangers might find they have a serious problem come season ticket renewal time.

100% no for me. Not the time for inexperience. Miller needs to earn his position in a job like this which will take years

Would be a horrible gamble we are not in the position to give someone with no experience our Managers job adding to that miller should now be shown the door no matter what happens to pedro

The board need to get this appointment spot on, the last two years have been completely wasted, we're miles of target. Miller would be a terrible appointment, not even worth thinking about

Would be a crazy decision at the best of times but after the last two experiments it would be suicide by the board.

I would honestly have to start asking whether the board were deliberately trying to sabotage the public image of the club if that happened.

I've personally thought Kenny might be manager potential when he eventually hangs up his boots and was keen for him to take on a coaching role. Would this be a gamble or a shrewd move by the Board, given he knows all about the existing squad, they too know him, and, let's face it, it would be a reasonably cheap option given our financial circumstances.

oh christ, it will be a paddy power joke again at our expense!!

He's sleekit and should be gone from the club.
We cannot have a manager who's undermined the manager!
Pedro has to go because he's quite clearly lost the dressing room and is just not of the standard we require,but he has more integrity in his little toe than Miller has in his whole body.
Miller would be an unmitigated disaster.

Rangers, in the modern era, should never be the breeding ground for a rookie Manager. It is a huge job and given the lack of resources, relative to our main rival, it will take a savvy Manager to do a decent job.

For all those who throw up Souness or Smith, in those days we could simply outspend our rivals, something we cannot currently do.

short term if it was needed and if not Murty, think I would ask Gough and keep JJ as he already knows the players and also might ask Bomber to come in as well.

Miller no thanks, he might pick himself to play o_O

Short term - Murty
Long term - who knows
I believe we'll see Alex McLeish given the job until January,possibly even to the end of the season and then the new man appointed as I say in either January or in May.
We simply cannot get it wrong again.

Three idiotic managerial appointments in a row? That's all we need.

I do think there is a role at Ibrox for Miller, but certainly not as a risky rookie manager.

This is never going to happen. Bookie in PR stunt shock. My worry is that he's somehow kept on as a coach after Pedro goes.

Three idiotic managerial appointments in a row? That's all we need.

I do think there is a role at Ibrox for Miller, but certainly not as a risky rookie manager.

I don't really trust Miller anymore.

Fair enough he deserves a right of reply after everything but something just doesn't sit well with me.

Heard around 8 weeks ago as soon as Pedro came in KM privately stated he was a fraud and would do all he could do remove him with a view to taking charge .

It would be a completely idiotic horrible decision if it turned out this way ,I mean Kenny Miller as coach ffs ,that will NOT shift season tickets let me tell you .

No, no and a hundred times no - Pedro might not have much of a CV as a manager but at least he has one, unlike Miller.

He should be booted out the door.

Oh mate not again.

I've supported the manager until last night, but his team has shown a total lack of discipline in the last 2 games and that comes from him, not Kenny Miller or anyone else.

He also compromised his own position last night by having a ridiculously weak bench.
Having untried players like Dalcio and Nemane there in front of Miller and Kranjcar certainly didn't help him.

Pedro asked us to judge him once his own team was on the park.
I felt he was entitled to that, but the last 2 games has been very much his team and sadly they are regressing, not progressing.

Not keen on this at all and must be another PP joke. IF a change is in the plans then this the replacement has to be a significant talent to bring us on. The chances are there will be little money (nobody can confirm/deny this currently) so the person needs to have proven track record on development.

Never ever going to happen. No time for experiments again with inexperienced managers we need someone with proven track record.

Back