Why Is Mr King Still Here ?

Ho-Lee-Fook

Normally comes over now and again and takes in a match and then goes home which seems the norm for Mr King, I spoke to someone in Argyle house on Monday and they said that Mr King had been in but had now left to go home,Few hours later they called me and said he hadn't flown home and expected that he will be here for a few days more.

So why is he still here ? Has Mr King come to the end of his patience and Pedro is on his last legs ? There wouldn't be any point in Mr King flying all the way to South Africa and then seeing we had once again dropped points at home with yet another dreadful performance and then if we were beaten by Hearts at the weekend that would be the final straw and Mr King would have to fly all the way back to do the deed.

Someone also said Mr king was spotted in a restaurant with Pedro the other night, Was Mr King telling Pedro enough is enough and anymore and you are gone, Was Mr King thrashing out a compensation deal with Pedro on the basis if he dropped anymore points at home against Kilmarnock or Hearts away then Pedro was gone.

Since Mr King arrived last week we've been knocked out of the league cup by Motherwell, Dropped points against Kilmarnock at home who are bottom of the league and about to face Hearts away from home in what could possibly be Pedro's last game in charge if we are beaten.

Is that why Mr King is still here ? Because he's about to give Pedro the offer of resigning or the sack, I think after tonight Pedro is halfway there and if we lose against Hearts it's over.

King strikes me as ruthless - if i was to take a guess I would say that he’s wanting the parks to stump up the cost to sack the management team

I'm sure I read he planned to be here all week,take in the 3 games as well as attended the quarterly board meeting and finalise AGM stuff.

So if we win v Hertz Mr King will be thinking "Damn!...I should have went home on Monday"?
When was the last time Mr King attended two matches in a row ? I think after last night his mind is already made up.

If you were on the verge of sacking your manager you wouldn't be flying all the way back to South Africa knowing within a few days things had gotten even worse and then fly all the way back to the UK, Mr King is here for a reason and if his mind isn't already made up after last night it will be on Saturday if Rangers are beaten.

I like Pedro but the club gave him millions to spend and it's money we can ill afford to throw away and it's a huge amount of money for very little in return in my opinion and i expected more given what Rangers spent, Mr King and the board would also have expected much more for the money we put out and we look a bang average team and other teams hold no fear when coming to Ibrox which is far removed when the stadium was aptly named fortress Ibrox and teams parked the bus afraid to cross the halfway line.

Instead Pedro thought filling the team with players with fancy names and with no experience of British football and the fast and furious pace of Scottish football, Players would find it pretty difficult to adapt to what they were used to.

Two players in the summer would have made a big difference to Rangers and would have saved Rangers a shedload of money and we would have got better quality, Instead we signed Pena and Herrera for a combined cost of around £4m.

The two players we should have signed instead, One is a proven goalscorer in Scottish football and the other has just knocked us out of the league cup semi final.... Jason Cummings and Louis Moult and could have been signed for around £2m saving the club £2m and getting better quality.

I'm sure I read he planned to be here all week,take in the 3 games as well as attended the quarterly board meeting and finalise AGM stuff.
Maybe that is the reason he is here for so long mate, I'm just debating why i thought he was here, But i feel he will also kill two birds with one stone if we lose against Hearts, But what we do know is the pressure is mounting on our manager after last night, It just isn't acceptable.

Just as an aside, If Pedro was sacked and his backroom team went with him, Who would our interim manager be ?

Had planned to be here all week according to some on here a few days ago.
That's fair enough if true but i reckon since he's been here he didn't expect us to get knocked out of a cup by Motherwell and draw at home with Kilmarnock who were bottom of the league within a few days, Other things may also be on his agenda after that.

Murty would be my guess.
Wonder if Murty would take charge and the board would look for a manager until the end of the season, Does well and get's the job.

McLeish has been sniffing around looking for a job, Don't know though how people would feel about big eck coming back maybe short term, Alex Rae,Ferguson are others.

That's fair enough if true but i reckon since he's been here he didn't expect us to get knocked out of a cup by Motherwell and draw at home with Kilmarnock who were bottom of the league within a few days, Other things may also be on his agenda after that.

Very well could be. Mr King will not be happy.

If i spent several million or more and watched that at the weekend and last night i wouldn't be happy either.

Our accounts have to be published soon so I would think that may have some bearing on him being here.Also he has matters to attend to after his recent court case.

King better fire this manager while he is here to save him air miles.

Hearts will crush this team with him in charge.

Utter shambles

I wonder what king makes of the performance of many throughout the club?

No further forward than where we were last season apart from retail contract.

The Mr pish is getting out of hand, it's pathetic. His name is Dave. We don't need to bend over for him, he's not our superior, he's not better than us, we don't owe him respect. Chairmen come and chairmen go, it's the fans that deserve the respect, not the rich guy who's currently playing with our emotions.
It's like school kids talking about their teachers

For the first time in a long time he's now watched two games in a row in person and saw it close up and personal. It may make him take a different approach to what he had originally planned but who knows.

Normally comes over now and again and takes in a match and then goes home which seems the norm for Mr King, I spoke to someone in Argyle house on Monday and they said that Mr King had been in but had now left to go home,Few hours later they called me and said he hadn't flown home and expected that he will be here for a few days more.

So why is he still here ? Has Mr King come to the end of his patience and Pedro is on his last legs ? There wouldn't be any point in Mr King flying all the way to South Africa and then seeing we had once again dropped points at home with yet another dreadful performance and then if we were beaten by Hearts at the weekend that would be the final straw and Mr King would have to fly all the way back to do the deed.

Someone also said Mr king was spotted in a restaurant with Pedro the other night, Was Mr King telling Pedro enough is enough and anymore and you are gone, Was Mr King thrashing out a compensation deal with Pedro on the basis if he dropped anymore points at home against Kilmarnock or Hearts away then Pedro was gone.

Since Mr King arrived last week we've been knocked out of the league cup by Motherwell, Dropped points against Kilmarnock at home who are bottom of the league and about to face Hearts away from home in what could possibly be Pedro's last game in charge if we are beaten.

Is that why Mr King is still here ? Because he's about to give Pedro the offer of resigning or the sack, I think after tonight Pedro is halfway there and if we lose against Hearts it's over.

Including the thread title, 11 times....well in :D

The Mr pish is getting out of hand, it's pathetic. His name is Dave. We don't need to bend over for him, he's not our superior, he's not better than us, we don't owe him respect. Chairmen come and chairmen go, it's the fans that deserve the respect, not the rich guy who's currently playing with our emotions.
I agree the Mr King stuff is a bit much and we certainly shouldn’t be bending over for anyone, but he most certainly deserves our respect.

Absolutely right.

It's not fucking Downton Abbey. Respect is fine but forelock tugging doesn't help anyone

Should be gone today, can't see it though. Will be in charge Saturday and should be gone after that regardless of the result

That prick jim whites been calling where he's staying trying to get him on his show all morning. Told him to %^*& off

Is OP from the 19th century?

2229_12645_w300.jpg

Mr David Cunningham King deserves respect from every single one of us.

Looks like i wasn't far off the mark and something going down today, Plenty of media sniffing around Argyle house and Ibrox.

Ok what did you hear?
Bloody good guess otherwise

What's with all the 'Mr King' pish? Lambias was the one who started all that nonsense so anyone following it really should pack it in. We don't refer to anyone else on the board or management team etc in that manner

Back