Xenophobic media should be ashamed

As many have already posted, if he was getting results the media attacks would have been just background noise.

More pertinently, the SFA should be ashamed of the way referees have conducted Rangers games. There have been more baffling decisions given against us in Pedro's short time in charge than most Rangers managers have suffered in much longer tenures.

He must be leaving Scotland with a very poor overall impression of our game albeit I'm sure he will carry Rangers in his heart, unlike his charlatan predecessor.

Folk need to get real. Its what the media do to failures. Feck all about nationality imho
It seemed Pedro at times was a lamb to the slaughter and you would have thought the club would've provided some sort of media counseling or guidence especially in this footballing backwater

Regardless of his performance as manager, the media have been absolutely disgusting towards him.

Agree completely.

Look, nobody is saying he was a great manager. However, he was a great guy and his treatment by the scum who infest our mhedia was utterly poisonous.

They are a pack of tramps, the lot of them

I have never been more disappointed to see a manager go, as I do today. If your looking in Pedro ,then best wishes your treatment at the hands of our so called media was appalling. And Jackson if you and your vultures are looking in,then shame on you , your mocking of a mans nationality and accent was truly dreadful, would you have done that if our manager had been Indian..

Pedro was always going to struggle due to lack of experience and lack of funds but the way the media treated him will forever taint this country. The questions asked at his presss conferences would never have been asked of Walter Smith or any Celtic manager.
Said as much to those Sportsound scum on twitter.

Serious question: did PLG receive what other posters regard as xenophobic criticism? If not, why?

Serious question: did PLG receive what other posters regard as xenophobic criticism? If not, why?

There were similar threads during PLG’s reign.

Funnily enough no xenophobia was aimed at Advocaat when he blew away the opposition for 18 months.

It's no different in England you only have to look at when Pep questioned the use of the Mitre ball in the cup games, Sky tried to make him out to be some daftie who had done nothing in the game.

Jo Venglos got just as much media criticism as Pedro. It's to do with results, not nationality.
As did Ronnie Dildo. I tend to agree. PLG didn’t get much abuse because he came with a good managerial pedigree and was also a fine player in his day. Pedro had neither of these things and was a bit different at press conferences etc, then unfortunately couldn’t back it up with results so he got a tonne of criticism, some of it way over the top though but I wouldn’t say it was xenophobic

The xenophobic media don't give fu(k about anything apart from their 'newspaper' sales and making money.

its been utterly disgraceful what PC has had to put up with from the media. From day 1 not one person from the board has stood up for him against this mob. Even RD didnt get as much harrassment when his team was poor in europe. The board must step up and ban all media and only give interviews, statements etc only RTV. More fans would buy RTV just on this but it would stop the media harrassing our players/managers.

The board didn't stand up for the team after the Motherwell shambles, or the Hibs shambles, or the fans after many shambles, so why would you think they would stand up for Pedro?

Look we have nothing to learn from these daft foreigners.
Just because we haven't qualified for a major tournament since 1998.
Just because we have no Scottish manager managing anywhere outside the UK and none in the EPL.
Just because we have not produced a world class player since souness/dalgliesh era.
We still know better, the rest of Europe don't know what they are doing

I cant wait until we get someone like McInnes or big eck in charge, we are going to see some outstanding football and at least the players will be able to eat what they want and we can get rid of the sports science nonsense

Just heard Adrian Durham saying Rangers were put under continous pressure from ceptic supporting pundits.
Man hes not kidding is he!

He lost his job as he was a very poor manager and woefully under qualified. I'm sure he's a great guy and wish him no harm but never really got with 'I've never wanted a manager to succeed more' bandwagon. I wanted him to do as well as I would with any Rangers manager (brilliantly) but not anymore or less. I'm glad he's gone, he was doing untold damage to the club. I wish him all the best but doubt I'll think of him much now.

As many have already posted, if he was getting results the media attacks would have been just background noise.

More pertinently, the SFA should be ashamed of the way referees have conducted Rangers games. There have been more baffling decisions given against us in Pedro's short time in charge than most Rangers managers have suffered in much longer tenures.

He must be leaving Scotland with a very poor overall impression of our game albeit I'm sure he will carry Rangers in his heart, unlike his charlatan predecessor.
Our next manager should highlight this from his very first press conference.
The refs performances have been a big factor in all of this

One of the biggest media culprits to slag Pedro and whom we made rich got a fu(kin standing ovation from Rangers fans when he was substituted for Kilmarnock last night.

I could not believe it.

FbFVjML.jpg

Pedro spouted so much bollocks he attracted ridicule. Couple that with the embarrassing results and he was a sitting duck for the media

The best way to shut the press up was winning games. He couldn't do that.

To be honest I'm sick of the excuses being made for him and I'm sick of the 'but he's a nice guy' patter. I couldnt care less if our next manager is the biggest wanker in football, as long as he makes us successful.

Just heard Adrian Durham saying Rangers were put under continous pressure from ceptic supporting pundits.
Man hes not kidding is he!

Is this anything new?

It’s the Rangers job ffs, every Rangers manager is under pressure you either get results or you get slaughtered.

It's Scotland, I expect no less. This pathetic shitehole gets worse year on year.

You can wave goodbye to us ever employing a foreign manager again.

There were similar threads during PLG’s reign.

Funnily enough no xenophobia was aimed at Advocaat when he blew away the opposition for 18 months.

Threads but no media criticism.

PLG and Pedro's tenures were just as disastrous, yet there was more media criticism levelled at Pedro.

I'd imagine that has something to do with outlandish press conferences, zany remarks and cryptic messages.

The best way to shut the press up was winning games. He couldn't do that.

To be honest I'm sick of the excuses being made for him and I'm sick of the 'but he's a nice guy' patter. I couldnt care less if our next manager is the biggest wanker in football, as long as he makes us successful.
So you would be happy with Neil Lennon?

He lost his job as he was a very poor manager and woefully under qualified. I'm sure he's a great guy and wish him no harm but never really got with 'I've never wanted a manager to succeed more' bandwagon. I wanted him to do as well as I would with any Rangers manager (brilliantly) but not anymore or less. I'm glad he's gone, he was doing untold damage to the club. I wish him all the best but doubt I'll think of him much now.

Yeah, I never got that attitude at all. I want Rangers to succeed with every fibre of my being, regardless of who the manager is.

Folk need to get real. Its what the media do to failures. Feck all about nationality imho
What a crock of shit. The guy had to deal with being mocked for using Portuguese sayings that have also been used previously By Mourinho and constantly was being attacked even when we did win games by the mhedia.

It wasnt Pedro's fault he is an educated guy and the Scottish agenda driven mhedia are thick!

What a crock of shit. The guy had to deal with being mocked for using Portuguese sayings that have also been used previously By Mourinho and constantly was being attacked even when we did win games by the mhedia.

It wasnt Pedro's fault he is an educated guy and the Scottish agenda driven mhedia are thick!

As a poster said earlier, stop reading it and stop buying. Who cares about the gutter press acting as they always do. Managing a hostile media is part and parcel of the job, no Rangers manager will ever get an easy ride from the media. The only way to silence them is to win.

Mourihno gets away with spouting guff because he’s one of the biggest winners in football, Pedro couldn’t win 3 games in a row, there’s the flaw in your argument.

As a poster said earlier, stop reading it and stop buying. Who cares about the gutter press acting as they always do. Managing a hostile media is part and parcel of the job, no Rangers manager will ever get an easy ride from the media. The only way to silence them is to win.

Mourihno gets away with spouting guff because he’s one of the biggest winners in football, Pedro couldn’t win 3 games in a row, there’s the flaw in your argument.

Christ! On a thread about the racist media you dismiss the saying of our former manager and Jose's country as " spouting guff"!

Is your name Mr Alf Garnett by chance?

alf-garnett.jpg

Christ! On a thread about the racist media you dismiss the saying of our former manager and Jose's country as " spouting guff"!

Is your name Mr Alf Garnett by chance?

alf-garnett.jpg

Don’t know what saying you are referring to, but I recall Mourihno telling a press conference he was the special one and he has come out with all sorts of guff over the years, point is you need to be able to back it up if you are going to come away with outlandish claims.

Don’t know what saying you are referring to, but I recall Mourihno telling a press conference he was the special one and he has come out with all sorts of guff over the years, point is you need to be able to back it up if you are going to come away with outlandish claims.
If you don't know the sayings I'm talking about then you cant call it guff alf!

Don't think you call £8m a lack of funds mate.
We seem to forget that we had a squad worth circa £30m before being tossed down the divisions. So £8m is not going to make us world beaters over night is it in this market? Yet we still think with that we should challenge Celtic with this squad. I'm afraid we are trying to do it all on the cheap. Short-termism will get us no where

Ok he’s a victim of racism and nothing to do with being a crap manager, if it makes you feel better mate...

If it makes you feel better to dismiss the casual racist abuse aimed at him by the scum agenda driven mhedia then thats that is up to you..alf

Skeletor on BBC news now reporting exclusively (from outside Ibrox) telling us exactly what we all already know, managed to shoe in Burkes goal, then loads of supposition about a new manager...

In other words he knows feck all !

Ok he’s a victim of racism and nothing to do with being a crap manager, if it makes you feel better mate...
The whole thing was self perpetuating, he started badly, the funny foreigner rhetoric started, more bad results then more criticism and the worse Pedro handled it. Not for one second would a media pal like McInnes get treated with the same disrespect.

Results got him the sack and the media and pundits will all say they told you so now. We are the real losers through this

The whole thing was self perpetuating, he started badly, the funny foreigner rhetoric started, more bad results then more criticism and the worse Pedro handled it. Not for one second would a media pal like McInnes get treated with the same disrespect.

Don’t think the end result would be any different if we had a nice media wishing him well, ultimately the results did for him.

They would have done for anyone regardless of nationality.

They still attacked him when he did win matches
You are correct but that's not why he got sacked. He didn't win enough games

I hate the xenophobia of this country and the media are reeking with it but they hate Rangers more than anything else

Don’t think the end result would be any different if we had a nice media wishing him well, ultimately the results did for him.

They would have done for anyone regardless of nationality.
But the media drove public opinion about him and it became a free for all. Look at the way Sutton was baiting him. If Pedro's media persona had been of a higher stock Sutton wouldn't have got away with that.
It's been a clusterfuck of monumental proportions in hindsight.

Is this anything new?

It’s the Rangers job ffs, every Rangers manager is under pressure you either get results or you get slaughtered.

Listen mate i just cant put the exact words to what he said.
It was obvious he was talking about the stinking rats on Sky & BT.
Who constantly roll in the joy of seeing us being in turmoil.

He wasn't good enough, it's as simple as that. The rhats in the east end are stronger now than at any time in my life, but their strength wasn't his downfall. He couldn't beat the mediocre teams because he's a mediocre manager who brought a barrow-load of dross to the club.
I'm currently incandescent with rage that he was ever brought to the club.

But the media drove public opinion about him and it became a free for all. Look at the way Sutton was baiting him. If Pedro's media persona had been of a higher stock Sutton wouldn't have got away with that.
It's been a clusterfuck of monumental proportions in hindsight.

Sutton’s just an attention seeking dick I wouldn’t credit him with having that kind of power.

I don’t think the media has been of much significance in this, Pedro needed results and just couldn’t get them consistently enough.

Already seen a Barry Ferguson interview in what looked like a dog park. It'll be Boyd, Broadfoot, and Burke in the loacal chippy next, I despair :-(

Back