Tonight's referee - Greg Aitken

Greig Aitken, todays ref, a Killie man. Show so today. Sim baffling decisions today right enough.

Ref was complicit in that draw today.
The one at the end on Grezda was as clear a yellow as you’ll ever see, he’s standing still, shimmies the ball and his body, gets body slammed out the park deliberately and with far too much force.
Cheat, another one that’s went from shite and incompetent to cheat.

I thought he was awful

Broadfoot again saved with two hands in the first half
It actually hit his back mate, saw a replay on RTV.

Looked a stonewaller first time round though.

Ref was still poor

Aitken looked like a second division referee today. He missed a number of cards for Killie and even fucked up sending off Goldson at the end in the interest of fairness. Appalling performance.

Not seen it back but at the time it looked a pen

Happy to be put right
If you're talking about when Alfie shot in first half yeah it hits his back.

I was convinced it was a handball but they showed a better angle at HT and it was definitely his back.

As others have said the lack of bookings today was my biggest gripe with him

Passed his audition to join the refereeing elite. He was diabolical for both sides, but as we had most of the possession we suffered most.

We (rightly) slag referees for their shite performances, but credit where it's due, thought he had a decent game, let the play flow and made mostly the right decisions.

Some of the usual suspects (Beaton, Thomson et al), take note, that's how you referee a game of football (you cheating cūnts!)
Well im going to totally disagree i thought he was very poor yet another to add to the list

I normally don’t go in for the referee bias stuff, however today the ref was really bad, what annoyed me as well was his positions, he constantly seemed to be getting in the way.

Another atrocious referee where did they dig him up from. Booked 4 could have been double that. The powers that be need to have a look at the system that's 12 players yellow carded in the last two games. All the media are talking about the hooligans in the stands what about all the hooligans on the park. How many Hivs players got yellow carded as well. Is tim the powers that be looked into this.

He played into Killie’s hands. Not once did he speak to them about time wasting. Numerous fouls worthy of yellow cards were ignored and he also had the worst positional sense of any referee I’ve ever seen - he always seemed to be in the way!

he was not as bad as Clancy or McLean.

He was ref when we drew 3-3 with Stenhousemuir. He was appalling that day and hasn't got much better since.

If you're talking about when Alfie shot in first half yeah it hits his back.

I was convinced it was a handball but they showed a better angle at HT and it was definitely his back.

As others have said the lack of bookings today was my biggest gripe with him

He let the Killie players take liberties with the Rangers players and he turned his back whenever that prick of a keeper had a by kick or the ball in his hands

He let the Killie players take liberties with the Rangers players and he turned his back whenever that prick of a keeper had a by kick or the ball in his hands
Did you see when that guy that replaced mlumbu huckled Kent down?

Ref is right there, let's them run away about 20 yards then calls Kent back to speak to him. Why not say it when they're both next to you.

Also broke up a break after that to give a free kick despite us breaking down the left.

And when he stopped Tav taking a throw in for one of their picks being injured who then turned on a 10p and sprinted to get the ball.

These little things don't sound much but they sure do add up and definitely hinder us.

He was a total donkey and pranced about the park like a wee fairy.

Felt his positioning was shite and always seemed to be in the way of play.

Consistently pish like the rest of his colleagues, it’s the only thing that is consistent with our dog sh it refs.

What I noticed was every sort of big decision he had his hand on his earpiece probably listening to poet thimson the 4th official especially at Goldson's foul.I expected a red card for that.and was surprised it was only a yellow.Still think he was crap.Looked like a stonewall handball penalty first half.Either me or him must be blind. Also I've never seen a ref getting in the way of our play as this one. He's rubbish right enough.

I actually thought we was not bad compared to what has gone before. He didn't seem over fussy and could have booked Kent and sent Goldson off.
I missed the penalty shout and the tackle on Grezda. I did see a couple where he could have booked a Killie player.
Overall he wasn't out to book or red Morelos, but then again, we were never ahead in this match and closing the gap at the top. It is those scenarios where things have mystifyingly gone 100% against us.

Looked like and acted like the kind of referee you would see up the public parks doing amateur games.

Just wanted his money without getting involved in anything.

Absolute joke of a performance, how can a referee shrug his shoulders so often in 90 minutes.

He wasted more time than anyone, added 5 minutes on the second half and wasted about three of it himself.

Big Killie fan gets Killie a point at Ibrox who would’ve thought it.

I think the standard is so low some of our supporters think that performance was decent??? Our players yet again got kicked off the park. Did you see the 2 challenges on Grezda?
To be fair, it was a red for Goldson as well.
Decent my arse.

He was phucking woeful.

Someone needs to let the referees in this country know that they’re football officials, not MMA referees.

He wasn’t good but we’ve been refereed by worse this season.
It’s about time though that thuggish tackling was punished by all referees in this country; just disgraceful that over-exuberant fouling seems to be the tactic of choice by so many teams.

I think the standard is so low some of our supporters think that performance was decent??? Our players yet again got kicked off the park. Did you see the 2 challenges on Grezda?
To be fair, it was a red for Goldson as well.
Decent my arse.

But why was it a red card for Goldson? Or rather, why did Goldson have to commit to a tackle that could have resulted in a red card? Why did he have to take one for the team?

Possibly it was because the right back once again sloppily lost possession up the park and left the defence in arrears.

Perhaps a real captain would curtail these errors?

He was average at best.

Pretty sad that we end up cumming in our pants at refs because they're not overtly corrupt.

He made numerous mistakes.

This is probably the best post of the thread.

How he failed to book the lad who upended Grezda right in the Copland / EE corner near the end is astounding.

It’s a sad day when somebody being basically fair with a few mistakes marks him out as a star referee.

That’s how bent the rest are

He wasn’t good but we’ve been refereed by worse this season.
It’s about time though that thuggish tackling was punished by all referees in this country; just disgraceful that over-exuberant fouling seems to be the tactic of choice by so many teams.

Lots of cards are eventually handed out but not nearly early enough. What would be red card offences for us are sometimes not even yellow card offences when committed v us.

Once the yellow cards are eventually dished out, it seems one of our players needs to die before anyone will get a second yellow.

That any of Aberdeen (twice), Hibs and Kilmarnock managed to keep 11 on the pitch v us over the last 4 games v us is remarkable. That all of them did ( apart from Hibs for two mins) tells you there is something very sinister at work in the Scottish game. We are being cheated weekly and it is getting worse. The club are, in turn, cheating the fans by not calling it out.

But why was it a red card for Goldson? Or rather, why did Goldson have to commit to a tackle that could have resulted in a red card? Why did he have to take one for the team?

Possibly it was because the right back once again sloppily lost possession up the park and left the defence in arrears.

Perhaps a real captain would curtail these errors?
I agree, but this thread is about a ref that's being classed as decent when he was anything but.

Back