"Ibrox" without the unionbears

there is also the potential that those in the area

Any major change to Ibrox has to be fully considered. To say there is nothing to be considered is not a reflection of the real world that the club operates in. It can be frustrating at times but it is the situation.
For how long does it keep having to be "fully considered" ??!! Season after season passes and still no further forward. You take out seats, put in safe standing. One look at the German model shows how easy it is. We always make things difficult and put barriers in the way of progress.

As I said - constant delaying tactics and weak responses.

Or even closer to home at Palace.
Exactly.

Palace lads did similar and finally their board saw sense and they are all set for next season. Their board saw the value of maximising the atmosphere.

Wish ours would do the same!!

Their protest according to their material released is in 2 parts.

1. Is that safe standing has been rejected and
2. That a move they proposed was rejected.

The first part isn’t true. They may feel that way but from discussions with upper management and the board that isn’t the case. There are issues that the board want satisfactorally addressed before it is confirmed but it’s on the table and imo it can be satisfied with a little bit of work. Safe standing will not happen this summer though. It would be end of next season at the earliest.

The proposed move was rejected for a number of reasons. In my mind it was made too late to be considered for this season coming as you need to communicate and offer alternatives for the current incumbents including priority on moves as a minimum at least. We currently hardly have any availability on ST seats so logistically very difficult.

Why are the only fans who consistently create an atmosphere and show off colourful displays hidden away in the corner out the road of tv cameras?

Its mental. The club on the field are in a bad place right now, lets at least try and do something good at the club to build for the future!

Something positive at Ibrox and the club want to sweep them under the carpet.

Perhaps the Club could send a wee delegation over to Real Madrid and see how they handled a virtually identical situation.

I doubt we would have to send people over.

The club currently don’t have many ST spaces to transfer people to.

From the little I know on it. Fans RMCF was a club initiative rather than an independent fans group so the dynamic is a little different there too

Why are the only fans who consistently create an atmosphere and show off colourful displays hidden away in the corner out the road of tv cameras?

Its mental. The club on the field are in a bad place right now, lets at least try and do something good at the club to build for the future!

Something positive at Ibrox and the club want to sweep them under the carpet.
Spot on mate!

Other clubs help their fans to create an atmosphere. Ours seem happy with the "sit down shut up" approach and try to stifle any positive progress.

For how long does it keep having to be "fully considered" ??!! Season after season passes and still no further forward. You take out seats, put in safe standing. One look at the German model shows how easy it is. We always make things difficult and put barriers in the way of progress.

As I said - constant delaying tactics and weak responses.
We were much closer at the last meeting on the 19th of last month than we were previously imo.

But to answer your first question it would be until the board is fully satisfied with the proposals.

This is key.

Ibrox is not a vibrant exciting place for the younger lads. We need to create an environment where they can be encouraged to come along and have a more enjoyable match day experience.

Crucial that younger generation are not put off by the current subdued environment.

The club do a a lot of work on the match day experience including the fanzone and family stand for young people but are always looking at ways to improve. From memory we have 8k ST holders 16 and under.

The club do a a lot of work on the match day experience including the fanzone and family stand for young people but are always looking at ways to improve. From memory we have 8k ST holders 16 and under.
All good and well - we still have a largely silent football stadium though. That's the point here.

I doubt we would have to send people over.

The club currently don’t have many ST spaces to transfer people to.

From the little I know on it. Fans RMCF was a club initiative rather than an independent fans group so the dynamic is a little different there too

As I said in a previous post there are seats in the Club Deck used for supporters club allocations. Also a number of seats in the Broomloan Rear. Giving supporters clubs BF1 for example would release good seats in the Club Deck and also help with the atmosphere in the Broomloan.

Reading through the whole thread, there's a lot of passionate bears on either side of the argument on here.

I wonder what sort of percentage backing the UB's silent protest has on here?
I would think they would carry a majority of support.

However, FF probably isn't an accurate reflection of the views of the whole regular match going Rangers support.
I would hazard a guess that 25% are passionately in favour of the UBs protest, 10% are passionately against it and the other 65% either take no more than a passing interest, or more likely couldn't give a %^*& and there only concern is the alarming drop off in the form of the team since the turn of the year.

I was in the Grapes last night until around 9pm and there were plenty of heated debates going on about yesterday's game, but not once was the UBs protest mentioned.

As a supporter of the UBs, I would like them to end their protest, get behind the team for the rest of the season and show the club and the rest of support the difference they can make to the matchday atmosphere.

Surely that's the way to gain support for their request, rather than alienating themselves further?
for f**k sake. Did you go to school? Do you understand how strikes/protests work? You stick with them until the thing you are protesting/striking changes. Otherwise the whole thing is pointless. F**k me.

What happens to an adult and a child season ticket holders in the Broomloan Rear when the child turns 17? I assume they are no longer allowed in that area, so do the Club offer them alternative seats?

What happens to an adult and a child season ticket holders in the Broomloan Rear when the child turns 17? I assume they are no longer allowed in that area, so do the Club offer them alternative seats?

Yes - I’m not sure the point of the question. No one is saying there isn’t any seats. This summer is going to be the tightest for any moves in history though.

Even then for me the timescale (end of Feb) for requesting the move was a major barrier. And since the club are still wishing to proceed with the safe standing project it would probably be most successful to make any move to coincide to the introduction of such a section.

for f**k sake. Did you go to school? Do you understand how strikes/protests work? You stick with them until the thing you are protesting/striking changes. Otherwise the whole thing is pointless. F**k me.

Oy aye I went to school ok smart arse and am well aware how strikes/protests work.

This one sure as %^*& isn't working.

Get back and start negotiating with the club while you're still in a position of strength.

You spend zero time caring about them, just all of your time posting about them.

What a life mate.

Have you seen how many posts I have?

The number on this thread is teeny!

Oy aye I went to school ok smart arse and am well aware how strikes/protests work.

This one sure as %^*& isn't working.

Get back and start negotiating with the club while you're still in a position of strength.
It's not working because of the almost scabbing/lack of support from the rest of the supporters like yourself who aren't supporting the protest mate!

It's not working because of the almost scabbing/lack of support from the rest of the supporters like yourself who aren't supporting the protest mate!

"Scabbing"?

Sounds more Arthur Scargill than Artur Numan.

Ever thought the lack of support for the protest is simply the fact other fans don't agree with it?

I have been/still am a supporter of the UBs.

Been to their fundraising nights and have got a good number of other lads in my supporters club to attend and support them too.

I know Ross pretty well, we're both members of the same lodge.

However, imo I think it's better for them to get back round the table and negotiate with the club, father than continuing with the protest.

As I've said, it's only my opinion.

Our board are totally disconnected with the fans. I hate to say it, but the poets don’t have that problem thanks to Lawwell’s background. We need someone at board level who comes from a scheme, and understands what working class football culture is all about. Until that happens the whole sorry saga will drag on.

Reactions: JMA

Maybe they aren't supporting it because they don't agree with what it is trying to achieve.

"Scabbing"?

Sounds more Arthur Scargill than Artur Numan.

Ever thought the lack of support for the protest is simply the fact other fans don't agree with it?
ANd great men both certainly the!
I have been/still am a supporter of the UBs.

Been to their fundraising nights and have got a good number of other lads in my supporters club to attend and support them too.

I know Ross pretty well, we're both members of the same lodge.

However, imo I think it's better for them to get back round the table and negotiate with the club, father than continuing with the protest.

As I've said, it's only my opinion.
fair mate. but the point is negotiations aren't working because the board don't seem to want to know. that's why it has got to this stage.

The UB can get round the table with the club. But it feels pretty pointless when the club seem determined to keep Ibrox as a library.

I'd like our manager at such a meeting. I know what side he would be on.

Our board are totally disconnected with the fans. I hate to say it, but the poets don’t have that problem thanks to Lawwell’s background. We need someone at board level who comes from a scheme, and understands what working class football culture is all about. Until that happens the whole sorry saga will drag on.

Dave King came from Castlemilk.

The fat Japanese came from the Eastwood/Mansewood area.

Don't get your point there mate.

Just for my understanding.

Would turning BF1 into a safe standing area be enough to resolve this, or does it have to be a different area before the UB will say they are happy?

Is Dave King not from Castlemilk, one of 7 children.

Maybe they aren't supporting it because they don't agree with what it is trying to achieve.
Well that's where the difference is. I just can't fathom why people like a dead staduim with no atmosphere when standing singing and colour improves the whole staduim.

Just for my understanding.

Would turning BF1 into a safe standing area be enough to resolve this, or does it have to be a different area before the UB will say they are happy?
BF1, up against a wall and a big gap is an atrocious area for a singing section to be located.

BF1 up against a wall and a big gap is an atrocious area for a singing section to be located.

So if Rangers say we have set up the safe standing in the current UB area, that would be accepted or rejected?

Well that's where the difference is. I just can't fathom why people like a dead staduim with no atmosphere when standing singing and colour improves the whole staduim.

I have said there should be safe standing for ages, I think that's the project the Fighting Fund money should have been spent on, but the club felt using it for youth development was a better idea. Both make sense.

However the point is not everyone agrees and not everyone agrees with the UB's position and with their protest, so why would they support it.

So if Rangers say we have set up the safe standing in the current UB area, that would be accepted or rejected?
I feel it would not be accepted. And nor should it. Would be a ridiculous conclusion.

The location is not constructive for building an atmosphere. That's the point.

Ibrox in inverted commas? Have a word with yourself. Our iconic stadium, our great club and our loyal incredible fans have been around since before any of us were born and will still be here long after we've all gone. Including those in a huff in BF1.

As for the Union Bears. A singing section that isn't singing. That's as much use as a goalscorer who doesn't score.
Ask yourself why When the fans from another section start to sing the UB fall silent

I feel it would not be accepted. And nor should it. Would be a ridiculous conclusion.

The location is not constructive for building an atmosphere. That's the point.

I think the posts from Greg tell us we are in a situation that isn't getting resolved then.

Just out of interest, this is from September 2017.

http://club1872.co.uk/news/update-on-Ibrox-safe-standing/

Just out of interest, this is from September 2017.

http://club1872.co.uk/news/update-on-Ibrox-safe-standing/
Proves the club are just dragging their heels.

A "feasibility study" was conducted 2 years ago.

I could have given them the answer to that study in 2 seconds. It IS feasible....... if you want it to be!

I think people need to be realistic on timescales for moves. The club wouldn’t move fans with no notice or discussion.

What’s so hard about moving them to BF3??

If Real Madrid can do it without any hassle why can’t Rangers?
It’s not like those moving from BF3 to 1 are getting shite seats.

I could have given them the answer to that study in 2 seconds. It IS feasible....... if you want it to be!

Indeed but it also said

We understand the positivity around creating some capacity for safe standing within Ibrox and the potential benefits that could bring to the match day atmosphere, but it is important that we acknowledge the interests of all supporters. We have to be mindful, for example, of the needs of disabled supporters and those who have held season tickets for many years in areas of the stadium where safe standing might be installed. We must also be aware of the memory of the Ibrox disaster and how that memory could impact any move away from an all seated stadium at Ibrox. That said, we do understand the positive case that can be put forward for safe standing and it is something we wish to explore and present to members.

What’s so hard about moving them to BF3??

If Real Madrid can do it without any hassle why can’t Rangers?
It’s not like those moving from BF3 to 1 are getting shite seats.
Exactly mate.

There is nothing hard about taking the decision to do this and implement it. Club are just dilly dallying as usual.

Other clubs just get on with things and do it. We faff around for years and time just drags on and seasons pass without moving further forward.

The wee nappy wetter's should put their dummy's back in their mouths.
They are not bigger or better than any other Rangers supporter.
And for the remainder of the season their season tickets should be blocked and the tickets should go to local school kids to enjoy a day out watching us.
Local school kids can also bring their musical instruments to entertain us.
Maybe if us older bears knew the words to some of the so called ultras pish they're singing,we might be more inclined to join in.

There was a second study done this season.

Again. The club just aren’t able to do it this summer. Its still on the table but actually doing the work isn’t the only issue. We need to continue dialogue to ensure that all considerations are made. It’s only through engagement that we will make progress imo.

There was a second study done this season.

Again. The club just aren’t able to do it this summer. Its still on the table but actually doing the work isn’t the only issue. We need to continue dialogue to ensure that all considerations are made. It’s only through engagement that we will make progress imo.
A reminder that no-one owns their seat.

The club have to be assertive in this. But I won't hold my breath.

Exactly mate.

There is nothing hard about taking the decision to do this and implement it. Club are just dilly dallying as usual.

Other clubs just get on with things and do it. We faff around for years and time just drags on and seasons pass without moving further forward.

I think people are merging the two issues behind the protest. The move was only proposed less than a month ago. That is too short a turn around regardless of all the other factors.

I think people are merging the two issues behind the protest. The move was only proposed less than a month ago. That is too short a turn around regardless of all the other factors.
It's not too short. It's only too short if you want it to be, in order to comply with the lack of assertiveness being regularly displayed by this board - on many issues.

A reminder that no-one owns their seat.

The club have to be assertive in this. But I won't hold my breath.

The club must treat the support with respect. To move fans without appropriate engagement or dialogue isn’t what I would expect from the club. There is a difference from being assertive and inconsiderate.

Sorry, I don't understand the question.
DK might well be from Castlemilk, when it was all shiny and new, plus he went to a private school. I don’t know many scheme kids that did that. All that aside, DK is very rarely here. He is not fully engaged in the day to day running of Rangers as he spends most of his time where he stays, in SA.
The attention therefore, turns to the board members who are involved.

The club must treat the support with respect. To move fans without appropriate engagement or dialogue isn’t what I would expect from the club. There is a difference from being assertive and inconsiderate.
The club could have easily sent out communications by now.

What's the difference sending out letters now compared to sending them out next season? The outcome is not going to change.

They are just hiding from the reality.

It's not too short. It's only too short if you want it to be, in order to comply with the lack of assertiveness being regularly displayed by this board - on many issues.

Let’s stick to this specific issue. The club cares about all our supporters - to prioritise a request from one group without due consideration/consultation to another is a slippery slope. If there was a proposed move other supporters would need to be offered alternatives (such as clubs like palace have done). These things can be done but for it to appear a few weeks before ST renewal info is finalised was too late imo.

The club could have easily sent out communications by now.

What's the difference sending out letters now compared to sending them out next season? The outcome is not going to change.

They are just hiding from the reality.

ST renewal terms and conditions are now finalised.

Back