England and Scotland are on different planets right now

Coisty09

Official Ticketer
England and Scotland are on different planets right now.
Having just watched the English demolish the Czech republic and being unfortunate enough to watch much of that debacle yesterday afternoon, the contrast between the two nations could be greater.
England are a team full of young talented energetic footballers managed by a tactically savvy and forward thinking young coach.
As much as I have time for big Eck for what he did for us whoever takes on the Scotland job is going to have to do what Southgate did and involve the young talented players who are winning matches at under 17 and under 19 levels in European tournaments.
It’s time for the media to shut up and stop portraying average Celtic players as European footballing colossuses.
There are good young Scottish players out there but they’re getting nowhere near the intrrnstional set up.

I can see England win a major tournament in the near future. Looking very good for them, they're young teams are pretty much dominating europe.

Heard all this with the Golden generation of SG, Lamps and Scholes. They will find a way to phuck up. They always do. Impressive tonight though.

England are slowly getting better, we are slowly getting worse.

You can see the vast amounts of cash flowing into their game is starting to reap rewards in the talent coming through.

Sterling and Kane probably get into most other international teams so they certainly have a good foundation to build on.

In my opinion I dont think the keeper is any good

It just shows the difference when Southgate gives caps to two 18 year olds, one of which hasn't even made a league start for his team. If he's good enough, he gets a chance. None of this old fashioned nonsense of the last few years, playing over rated journey men, just because the media hype them up. Eg.Brown, Fletcher, Gordon, etc.
Or more recently, bang average players, who are made out to be superstars because they have a few ok games for their Diddy teams, eg. Mckenna, Shinnie, McGinn and almost everyone else in the current Scotland squad!

Southgate is doing brilliantly. I never thought he'd be so good. Fair play

Im not a huge fan of Henderson and Dier together but worked well enough tonight again

The full of the SFA should resign the Scotland set up is decades behind England. The current lot came in when the largs mafia were taking over and they destroyed and never built on what infrastructure was in place it is wholly in their hands and they should resign.

So you are saying breaking a players nose then laughing about it at a press conference isn't the way for us to move forward :rolleyes:?

Still don’t fully take to Southgate but he has this England side looking like a team

Scotland are shit but England aren’t all that good. Semi finals was an achievement on paper, but in reality, it was the min they should have reached.

How many times does Sterling score a back post tap in? If we're going to play a 433 we must teach our wide men to be there if the attacks on the other side. It's not difficult. Whether he's on the right or the left he always hits the back post.

No, we need to teach boys. And in this country, we teach them nothing

We shouldn’t be surprised. The English team is made up of mostly young players who play against with good opposition, week in and out. In contrast, the Scottish team is usually made up of players of average ability who rarely face decent opposition, along with nondescript blokes, with a Scottish granny, who deficiencies are very soon exposed. For years now, there have been people in leadership positions at the SFA, who have lacked vision. They say that you reap what, you sow and the evidence of that has to been not difficult to see.

England and Scotland are on different planets right now.
Having just watched the English demolish the Czech republic and being unfortunate enough to watch much of that debacle yesterday afternoon, the contrast between the two nations could be greater.
England are a team full of young talented energetic footballers managed by a tactically savvy and forward thinking young coach.
As much as I have time for big Eck for what he did for us whoever takes on the Scotland job is going to have to do what Southgate did and involve the young talented players who are winning matches at under 17 and under 19 levels in European tournaments.
It’s time for the media to shut up and stop portraying average Celtic players as European footballing colossuses.
There are good young Scottish players out there but they’re getting nowhere near the intrrnstional set up.
Think England are a great bet to win it,given where they got to in the WC.

Until we get rid of the peado ring influence in our game.. we are literally fùcked ...
It’s really disgusting how much the national team has regressed, but as long as Rangers are suffering it’s all good.. They poison every well they drink from... Scottish media are culpable in this.

England have put a lot of money into youth football and it’s bearing fruit.

Scotland really have to scrap everything and start again. The system as is favours big and clunky players rather than trying to develop footballers.

Scotland being shite has been happening long before our demotion in 2012. Apart from a spell under Walter it’s been abysmal. We must have the worst away record outside the dross in Europe.

England are benefitting from having a league full of foreign players and managers combined with playing to the same rules as the rest of the world
The managers bring a diverse range of fresh ideas. Playing against players who grew up under different systems. They are familiar with the rules as implemented. So internationals are business as usual not playing a game that is a bit familiar but very different
Scotland, particularly the media, portray foreigners as figures of fun who need to "get the Scottish game". The rest of the world probably don't want a game where clogging is a virtue and cementing an opponent is the highest expression of the art. For that they can watch WWE.
Scottish football can either try to adapt or it can continue the slide into obscurity whilst chanting "foreigners are all rubbish" and suffer routine humiliations at the hands of foreign teams very far from the best in the world

England right now have some of the most exciting young talent on the plant, evident in German teams who have some of the best youth systems on the planet coming in for them.

It’s not only England though, the rest of the UK seem to be producing elite to good EPL players regularly.

Is it the culture or is it something else?

The obvious question is why though. At academy level rangers recent results have shown they are on a par with English teams and other top teams around Europe so what happens? How often do players come through and really shine? Englands academy system looks like it's really starting to pay off

I can see England win a major tournament in the near future. Looking very good for them, they're young teams are pretty much dominating europe.

Can't see it myself, England have always had defensive problems as well as tactical deficiencies in later stages of tournaments

Don’t worry, Henry McLeish is working on sorting out all the ills of Scottish fitba

His findings will be implemented soon

Southgate's said he was going to blood the next generation in time for the next world cup. I think he's doing a great job. As for comparisons with Scotland that's like comparing Rangers with cowdenbeath.
Yes he is, he's not scared to throw youngsters in against good quality teams. He does things his way and he seems very well liked and respected down there. I really enjoyed watching them last night.

To be fair, it does make it easier to do when you have the quality of young player Southgate has at his disposal.

The main reason is the FA is there for benefit of its members of the association and the national team.

We have allowed the old blazer wearing SFA (which wasn’t fit for purpose anyway) to be infested with scum. Now rather than trying to improve Scottish the football they’ve tried to kill one side whilst protecting the other.

The lack of action on the paedophile ring proves they have the placemen and women in office to deflect.

This self preservation has kept Scotland in the dark ages

It’s all starts at the top. And those at the top of Scottish football are a disgrace. Until the big clubs in Scotland come together to demand they’re removed nothing will change. Sadly though the only time clubs come together in Scotland is to put the boot into Rangers

There’s far too much hate in the Scottish game for it to progress.
A great deal of it is generated and exploited by the media to the extent that they are actually setting the agenda for the SFA.
Both the media and SFA have people in place to set this agenda to benefit one team only at the expense of everything else. I think this corruption really came into the open when the SFA/media made their move against our club 2012 and it is still in full swing.
Right now Scottish football is in a race to the bottom.

Don't really give a shit about either teams tbh.
Only Rangers for me, been challenged on this stance many times, been asked how I could say such a thing? For me, the joy and emotion Rangers have given me throughout my life far outweighs any sort of pride in the piece of land on which I was born, it's that simple really.
I'm a proud Scot and an even prouder Brit but Rangers means a lot more than that to me.

Back