Do you enjoy Old Firm games?

The nerves in the run up kill me and I really only start to enjoy it when it becomes obvious that we are winning.

Will watch Sunday at home. Been boozing far too much recently and with it being mother’s day, it’s just not worth the aggro given how often I have been out.

The actual game, no. Unless we’re winning by a couple then it’s bearable.

Watching on the telly is a whole other thing than being in the stadium. I’ve seen myself mute the telly anytime they bastards get near the goal just because I can’t listen to them celebrate.

I hate them.
Up until just recently(Gerrard arrival),I’d have been quite happy never to play them again,the past 7 years have been torture as we couldn’t compete.
Under SG at least we look like we can give them a game although there is always the chance it can go badly wrong.

Yeah I pretty much hate them. Plus I don't drink anymore which makes it even more intense. I find it easier when I'm going to the game, but in the house it's any excuse not to watch.

They genuinely give me IBS and like most I need a strong drink to calm down to a moderate level. No better feeling when we score, when they score it’s torture and if they win, fk me im on a downer for a week, hardly talking to anyone.

Never got a ticket for the last one and that's the 1st one I've missed since I was 10 years old.

Watching it on the TV is probably an even more nerve racking experience.

I always thought there was nothing worse than them swarming around our goal at the opposite end of the park from where we stand at the piggery, as you can't really see what's going on, but watching on the TV is even worse for me.

No ticket again this week, so will bricking myself down PRW again this Sunday.

The euphoria after we win is incredible.

Losing is devastating and I don't want to experience that feeling this weekend.

Can't say I enjoy the 90 minutes of play.

I enjoy the day. Carry out at your mates at stupid o’clock, battle tunes on, old victories on the telly, couple of rolls and talking our team up with each other and just exactly how we’ll do it. Getting sweatier with each min that gets closer to leaving time.

The aways were great, felt like it didn’t matter you and 5k brothers and sisters were defiantly there and the feeling when we score and they go silent. Delicious.

Watching on the tv gives me fear.

I prefer them more when I don't drink, even the last game in December I decided to drive and it was my best decision ever, got to savour every minute of it and celebrate it with my son and also remember it!
Games v them at the piggery i never drink anyway, means I can switch off to it after the game and get on with my day rather than sit about bevvying all day.

Depends on whether I think we're gonna win or not.

Over the past few seasons when we've been getting pumped by them I've watched the game until they've scored & then I've switched it off. Can't watch us take a pasting from them.

Difficulty is if I think we stand a chance & they score 1st then what?!?!

I'll probably avoid the score for the day on Sunday & watch on catchup later.

I actually feel calmer at live games than watching on the TV, maybe it's the opportunity to vent as a release or being able to see clearer the bigger picture with incidents.
It might also be not having to listen to Walker/Sutton etc

8Cb7f6i.jpg

They are brilliant bat can %^*& with the head,my first was the Drybourgh cup final summer 1974 we lost on penalties after 2.2 extra time.
next one we beat them at Pape head 2.1 Colin Jackson getting the winner 15 mins to go,a long 15 mins.
I was 14 and now 45 years later have loved most but hated 77,80,89 cup finals and the last lot before Ryan Jack's winner.

In the days when you used to be able to smoke in the pub, I'd easily rinse a 20-deck watching an Old Firm. They're absolute torture, even when you're winning.

I am a nervous wreck for about a week before them.

When we win it's hard to find anything that tops that feeling leaving Ibrox.

No. Not just saying that because we have some bad results over the last couple of years either

Sleepless night before the game and dont eat a thing before it.

Worse mood if we get beat and drags on for a good week or so

Just so nervous throughout its not enjoyable

But when we win..... Best feeling in the world.

Leaving Ibrox on the 29th was one of the best feelings ive ever had

Last edited:
No never liked them.I have given my ticket to my dad a few times for these games .I have absolutely no desire to look listen or smell the vermin.If we never played them again it wouldn’t upset me.Each to their own just my opinion.

No. And as I get older the tension ,the sweaty palms and the swearing becomes worse. But the feeling of euphoria that lasts the week is great.

Love/hate relationship

Prefer to be at them than watching on tv. My argument being that even in defeat I'd rather be in amongst my own kind.

Will have to watch on tv this Sunday and since binning sky sports (assuming thats the channel its on), will have to go out to watch it. Luckily I will be in amongst my own kind;)

Hate to love them and love to hate them.

Past while it's more of a feeling of trepidation due to some of the beatings we've taken peppered with some optimism along the way.

Impossible to enjoy something that makes you so ill if it goes wrong. It means too much to be enjoyable.
But once you win there's no feeling like it.

I don’t. Yet when I get to the end of one that we’ve won like 29th I say “that was great”. Well it wasn’t great. It was gut-wrenching torture for two hours. And that’s before the game starts! Kick-off, then I kick every ball. I barely move from my seat yet am exhausted by the end. I see danger as soon as they cross the half-way line when there is none. I live every moment so intensely I can’t even tell if it’s a good game. Yet if I had a button to press to cure me.....I wouldn’t press it!? Why? Because I’m Rangers-daft that’s why. Still don’t “enjoy” old firm games though. You?
Im exactly the same as you mate and if we've won i watch it again about 50 times.

Its always the toughest game to watch. Nails are usually bitten off long before kick off lol. My heart cant take it most of the time, especially first 10 mins or so o_O

the last old firm I wasn't looking forward to it then after the first half an hour I just knew it was gonna be our day but we should have won by so much more also

Bad for my health. Totally drained after them. The only games I have enjoyed this season are the European games. Watching domestic opposition dive,foul,time waste and cheat is increasingly hard to watch.

I can't relax until the FT whistle goes, twice I've been at the piggery when we've been 4 - 1 ahead with little time left and they score to make it 4 - 2 and I'm bricking it till the end.

If I am not at the game, I cant watch it.
I've never seen an old firm game on TV. The older I get, the worse the nerves get.

I look forward to them, then on the day I hate them and look through my fingers when they get corners, free kicks and penalties.
If we’re winning I’m much better and if we lose I’ve developed this technique in my older, wiser self, where I just switch it off in my mind as if no games taken place. I then stay away from FF for a few days and stay away from the sports sections of the papers (online).

I don’t. Yet when I get to the end of one that we’ve won like 29th I say “that was great”. Well it wasn’t great. It was gut-wrenching torture for two hours. And that’s before the game starts! Kick-off, then I kick every ball. I barely move from my seat yet am exhausted by the end. I see danger as soon as they cross the half-way line when there is none. I live every moment so intensely I can’t even tell if it’s a good game. Yet if I had a button to press to cure me.....I wouldn’t press it!? Why? Because I’m Rangers-daft that’s why. Still don’t “enjoy” old firm games though. You?

Im with you on seeing danger as soon as they cross the half way line even if there isnt any. Anytime they string a few passes together or get the ball to their wingers my stomach turns. The buzz of scoring against them and winning is worth the anxiety

I'm reluctant to go to the pub and watch it, even though its a Rangers pub, I just feel numb if we don't win, although I watched the last one in a pub in Bangkok, and it was fantastic.

I actually hate them so much. Its the build up that gets me.

Being there at the game is better although the logic of it makes no sense. I prefer being there because I can sing, shout etc and I feel like I make a slight difference and release that nervous energy. I can give a vocal backing to the team.

But watching at home I feel helpless because I'm just sitting watching miles away from the action.

I know that makes no sense but it makes perfect sense.

I hate them, just hate the nerves, hate seeing anything in green and white, obviously in recent years it's been worse,, but at the end if we've won its greatest feeling in the world

I’m the same, being there I get caught up in what’s happening.

Watching it on tv I drink about 10x as fast as normal and end up lunging around the living room kicking lumps out of the beggars in my imagination.

:D
I go and wash dishes, then stand out side the door listening, sometimes i
I’m the same, being there I get caught up in what’s happening.

Watching it on tv I drink about 10x as fast as normal and end up lunging around the living room kicking lumps out of the beggars in my imagination.

:D
i go and wash dishes which i normally leave to the wife.
Stand outside the door and listen and have went outside and looked in the window.
That aint normal or is it?

Love them.

Best moment of my whole 2018 was beating them.

Shit when we lose but we will be always be the people regardless

I hate them. My nerves get shattered and nobody wants to be with me. Even the dog goes in the kitchen with his paws over his ears!! If we're not there in the flesh my husband generally goes to the pub and I've started watching the game on TV, always muting the sound, but pausing it at the start for around 10 minutes. I then keep my eye on live score so I know if we score I can fast forward it to the goal and if they score then I can fast forward it past them scoring ! Sad I know but I've discovered its the best way!

Last edited:
I find them emotionally draining...more so now that my boy is old enough to understand what’s going on around him.

I’ve literally never seen him happier than when we won last time out.

I don't think I particularly enjoy OF games. When I was younger I could never sleep the night before, and its starting to get that way again.

I miss the social aspect of the games, but could never ever look at their supporters in the ground. Now I don't get to many games we just watch in the house although we ended up going out for the last one.

Back