Do you enjoy Old Firm games?

lesbleusparis

I don’t. Yet when I get to the end of one that we’ve won like 29th I say “that was great”. Well it wasn’t great. It was gut-wrenching torture for two hours. And that’s before the game starts! Kick-off, then I kick every ball. I barely move from my seat yet am exhausted by the end. I see danger as soon as they cross the half-way line when there is none. I live every moment so intensely I can’t even tell if it’s a good game. Yet if I had a button to press to cure me.....I wouldn’t press it!? Why? Because I’m Rangers-daft that’s why. Still don’t “enjoy” old firm games though. You?

Fecking hate them until the moment I know we are going to win.

ps...should add, going to be in Warsaw this weekend so will be pretty difficult to be around all day unless we do the business, then the drinks will be on me and it will be PARTY time :))

I don’t enjoy the 90 mins but I enjoy the occasion and the social side of the day itself

Hate watching them on tv the last game at the piggery in september is the first game against them i have not been at since 2003 just not the same

Love the build up all week no better feeling scoring against the cunts also

I can’t think of anything else for at least a week beforehand. Longer if the match has more meaning. Its brutal. Wouldn’t give them up for anything, but absolutely brutal.

Can be a difficult and tense watch though at the same time strangely enjoyable being there. Reliving the match if we've won is a great feeling.

Never just a game though is it.

Every second seems like an eternity and it's impossible to sit still. Like that with every game, even in the third division but it's hard to explain. Suppose it gets to the heart.

Funny considering all my family despise football. Rangers is very personal to me and will never change. 27 now. Been going to Old Firm at Ibrox on my own since I was about 16.

Last edited:
No. I get far too worked up, and have to have a good drink before I go. After a night of more drink, I sometimes can't really remember the game.

There are clips of games shown here. I know I was there, but I just remember the goals. The rest is a faded memory.

When we were in the lower divisions and met them in the cups I couldn't go. I feared a tanking.

I don’t. Yet when I get to the end of one that we’ve won like 29th I say “that was great”. Well it wasn’t great. It was gut-wrenching torture for two hours. And that’s before the game starts! Kick-off, then I kick every ball. I barely move from my seat yet am exhausted by the end. I see danger as soon as they cross the half-way line when there is none. I live every moment so intensely I can’t even tell if it’s a good game. Yet if I had a button to press to cure me.....I wouldn’t press it!? Why? Because I’m Rangers-daft that’s why. Still don’t “enjoy” old firm games though. You?
I hate them because I get myself that hyped up I feel physically sick. What I will say is that it’s easier to deal with it when at the game. Watching it on telly is torture.

I tire myself out feeling pure hatred for the scum, laughing and cheering the murder of innocents.
I despise them.
I used to love the Adrenalin, the buzz of the difference this game brings.
Now I realize it's just hatred better served at home with friends and family praying good beats evil.

I despite that God awful team with their God awful strip so no I now don’t watch games v them.
Infact we had a great chance to get away from these obsessed reptiles when we were refused a license all those years ago.

Yay and nay.

No other game makes me ask for a day off work and no other game means I can pick family arrangments around it.

It is unique.

They aren’t enjoyable, it’s just a clusterf*ck of nerves

and should we win on Sunday it will be bittersweet for me, yes I’ll be happy yes I’ll be ecstatic in the moment but I’ll be annoyed that we have threw the title away, and that’s exactly what we have done with all the stupid dropped points

We know we can beat them, but we have beaten ourselves this season, consistently and attitude have been a massive problem, and one Gerrard needs to get right for 19/20

11124011_0_640x640.jpg

Absolutely love them if it's close or we are winning
Obviously no one is going to enjoy watching their team getting a doing
So long as we are competitive nothing like it for getting the heart going and 90 mins of pure excitement
No idea why any fan would not enjoy them

Nope. Dont sleep well the night before, if watching on tv i get stupidly drunk and have a bastard of a hangover at work the next day.

No , enjoyed the lack of them when we were in the lower echelons . If we never had to play them ever again it wouldn't bother me , scummy club and supporters .

Wouldn’t say hate but not an enjoyable experience.

Win, lose or draw I am absolutely knackered after them at some point.

Going to be 2 in a row I’ve missed at the piggery since 2005 and I’m now 29.

Don’t want to go to a club/pub to watch it either in the house. Then take it from their after the 90 minutes.

If I know we will definitely be competitive then yes. Otherwise not a chance. Nothing worse than losing to them.

I hate them for the most part. The euphoria after a win is unrivalled though.

If we're in the game then I can't stop chainsmoking and pacing.

During the drubbings of last season I stopped watching before half time and came to bitch and moan on here

Hate it, couple of times I’ve had to go out for a walk, phone off etc

It makes me feel physically sick sometimes, tell myself not to watch then worry the whole time in case I’ve missed something.

Alfredo will score this time, still not sure if I’ll watch, lol

Back