Stupid to sell Morelos in the summer

gerrard32

I do not want him sold in the summer. I think his value has gone down in the last couple of months and who is willing to offer top dollar for a players who's manager and fans are saying he has had his last chance?
I played football at a decent level and used to think I was a midfield general and got a fair few yellow/red cards.
However there came a point when I realised my team was suffering and I told everyone I would change my game and I did.
Morelos can do the same, Suarez has not bitten anyone at Barcelona, has he.
I think he needs help to change his game and can be an amazing player for us next season and easily be in the 25 million bracket summer 2020.

I think if we can get another season out of Morelos and this would improve his value no end (not to mention 55 if he could strop rising to the baiting), of course we could also take the body blow of losing him and still take 15-20m for him. He'd be a star in France/England/Spain with the Scottish fishbowl spotlight off him.

He will probably want to move on in all honesty. He sees himself at the next level. I think another year of development with us would do him a power of good but can’t see it.

I do not want him sold in the summer. I think his value has gone down in the last couple of months and who is willing to offer top dollar for a players who's manager and fans are saying he has had his last chance?
I played football at a decent level and used to think I was a midfield general and got a fair few yellow/red cards.
However there came a point when I realised my team was suffering and I told everyone I would change my game and I did.
Morelos can do the same, Suarez has not bitten anyone at Barcelona, has he.
I think he needs help to change his game and can be an amazing player for us next season and easily be in the 25 million bracket summer 2020.
He has let the club and fans down too many times, sending off at parkhead was the final fck up for me,cash in now and use the money to get 3 or 4 players of good quality.

I think if we can get another season out of Morelos and this would improve his value no end (not to mention 55 if he could strop rising to the baiting), of course we could also take the body blow of losing him and still take 15-20m for him. He'd be a star in France/England/Spain with the Scottish fishbowl spotlight off him.
I might be wrong but 15 - 20 million seems a lot. ...hope you are right though.

Player has indicated he wants to leave-club have increased his wages and contract to reflect his massive improvement and potential.

If he gets a club that suits him he will be off but going back to the contract I do hope we have him and his agent on the same page as us.

Can't see Gerrard getting loads of money in the summer unless we sell,get 10 /15 million for morelos and that buys 3 or 4 quality players which we need if we seriously want to win the league next season.

I hear what you are saying but, considering the negative effect on the team and Rangers FC, better he goes now as his sell on will only diminish - better for Rangers FC and Alfie that he goes now !

In the upcoming window that is !

He was our best chance of winning anything last season and ended up being the main reason we won nothing. Keeping him another year would be madness. Even if we only get 7 or 8m we need to sell. But make sure there is a decent sell on clause.

I think it all depends on who we can bring in to replace him. If we can get a quality striker to replace him or not.

It's not difficult to work out. I can't believe how many of our fans refuse to open their eyes and see how badly Morelos let us all down. He is a liability and needs punted.
So Morelos’ 20 plus goals didn’t at least help in anyway to try and challenge.

Maybe if our midfield contributed more and defence didn’t fvck up as much we might of won something?

To try blame our player of the season for us not winning anything clearly shows you know sweet F.A about the game my friend

I don’t think we will sell him now. The irony that his poor discipline might actually help us. We won’t get Dembélé dollars now and the major swing is that scouts coming to watch him in the big games won’t have been impressed. He’s still so raw , another season , work on the discipline. We could end up getting stupid money. It’s the only thing about the tims that I am jealous of. Sell to a grade B team and get a sell on..,

Posted elsewhere....

He stays unless imo we get £15million +

And I would prefer that he stays.

Anything less is mental from the mentalists who wanted him bombed out last year.
Who is going to pay £15m plus for a player who can't be trusted not to let his teammates and fans down? Who continually misses big games through suspension? Who has yet to score against his main rivals in two seasons? Get real. No one pays £15m for scoring against the likes of St. Johnstone and Kilmarnock.

Who is going to pay £15m plus for a player who can't be trusted not to let his teammates and fans down? Who continually misses big games through suspension? Who has yet to score against his main rivals in two seasons? Get real. No one pays £15m for scoring against the likes of St. Johnstone and Kilmarnock.
I’ve came to the conclusion that you would of sold him last year and replaced him with Cummings going by the shite your posting here

If we get decent enough money for Alfie then it's time to cash in and use the cash for rebuilding the team, after his recent red card at the piggery I don't think he will ever learn

So Morelos’ 20 plus goals didn’t at least help in anyway to try and challenge.

Maybe if our midfield contributed more and defence didn’t fvck up as much we might of won something?

To try blame our player of the season for us not winning anything clearly shows you know sweet F.A about the game my friend
I said he was the main reason not the sole reason. Of course his goals helped us mount a challenge - that's why I said he was our best chance of winning anything. And that's the annoying thing. I guess by your user name you love the guy. That's fine but just because I have a different opinion than you don't tell me I know feck all about a game I have been watching for fifty odd years.

He absolutely needs to be sold.

We desperately need the money for players.

We can't survive on another £5m net spend like this season. That's simply not good enough - as has been proven.

So say we sell for 15 million and spend 16 that’ll be a one million net spend right?:rolleyes:

I said he was the main reason not the sole reason. Of course his goals helped us mount a challenge - that's why I said he was our best chance of winning anything. And that's the annoying thing. I guess by your user name you love the guy. That's fine but just because I have a different opinion than you don't tell me I know feck all about a game I have been watching for fifty odd years.
Not saying I love him no but he’s the best player we’ve had at Ibrox in what, 7 years? Maybe more?

To even suggest he’s partly the reason is just nonsense I’m afraid.

He was our best chance of winning anything last season and ended up being the main reason we won nothing. Keeping him another year would be madness. Even if we only get 7 or 8m we need to sell. But make sure there is a decent sell on clause.

Keeping him would be madness but you think we should have a sell on clause for a guy you'd let go for £7m?

A guy who will become our first 30 goal striker in 2 decades?
A player who is the biggest reason we were able to even talk about winning trophies?
The same person voted Rangers player of the year by his own teammates?

I think @Vamos_buffalo summed it up pretty well in his last sentence.

I’ve came to the conclusion that you would of sold him last year and replaced him with Cummings going by the shite your posting here
I will be honest. I said at the time that if the £9m offer was genuine we should have taken it. But replace with Cummings? Too far!

Can't see Gerrard getting loads of money in the summer unless we sell,get 10 /15 million for morelos and that buys 3 or 4 quality players which we need if we seriously want to win the league next season.
Exactly.

The budget without the Morelos money concerns me.

Essential that we cash in on Morelos while we can.

As I and others have mentioned, he needs someone to get into his head. I'm no expert, but if he could learn to count to whatever the magic number is, we would have a top striker worth a LOT of money.

I will be honest. I said at the time that if the £9m offer was genuine we should have taken it. But replace with Cummings? Too far!
So you’d of took 9 million for Morelos in august?

He’s scored I think 29 in all competitions since then and you don’t think he’s worth 15 million just because he’s not scored against the Tim’s?

Give me a break with that shite.

Heard the same patter with Kris boyd

Edit : just want to add that our problem is we don’t praise our players enough when you look at how much the Tim’s praise theirs. Some of our own want to take note and start doing the same rather than ridicule our own at any given opportunity

I think his goals and international caps will mean more than his discipline ‘issues’, especially when you see that it’s only Scotland where he’s had them.

I’d still expect around £20m.

Not saying I love him no but he’s the best player we’ve had at Ibrox in what, 7 years? Maybe more?

To even suggest he’s partly the reason is just nonsense I’m afraid.
He is the best player we've had for ages. That's why these arguments get so heated. You can't seriously say he's not partly the reason we won nothing? He got booked against Ayr in a game we had already won and missed the semi. That cost us the chance of the first trophy of the season. If ever there was a time to wisen up that was it. Do you honestly think he will be different next season? If you could guarantee it there is no way I would sell him. But the bottom line is he can't be trusted.

Shown time after time he can’t be trusted with his discipline.

The piggery game was the final straw for me

Sell him and use the funds to strengthen the first 11

He is the best player we've had for ages. That's why these arguments get so heated. You can't seriously say he's not partly the reason we won nothing? He got booked against Ayr in a game we had already won and missed the semi. That cost us the chance of the first trophy of the season. If ever there was a time to wisen up that was it. Do you honestly think he will be different next season? If you could guarantee it there is no way I would sell him. But the bottom line is he can't be trusted.
Yes I agree he should never have got himself suspended but we should still have enough quality to beat Aberdeen without relying on Morelos.

And I’m afraid that has been the problem and that is what’s cost us from winning anything. The fact we relied on one player the whole season is just not good enough.

I would sell him not because he can’t be trusted, purely because we need the money to strengthen other areas in the team so we ain’t just a one man band.

So you’d of took 9 million for Morelos in august?

He’s scored I think 29 in all competitions since then and you don’t think he’s worth 15 million just because he’s not scored against the Tim’s?

Give me a break with that shite.

Heard the same patter with Kris boyd

Edit : just want to add that our problem is we don’t praise our players enough when you look at how much the Tim’s praise theirs. Some of our own want to take note and start doing the same rather than ridicule our own at any given opportunity
Never ridiculed a Rangers player in my life - and I've watched Jim Denny Ally Scott and Sebo among others! The £9m offer I was on about was last January not August. Just felt it was a lot of money to knock back given our finances weren't great at the time.

Back