Okeydokey505 - another Bear gone.

Coop1872

A popular poster on this site, Okeydokey505 - Andy Strawhorn from Kilmarnock - lost his battle with cancer and passed away on Wednesday.
A lifelong bluenose and season ticket holder in the Sandy Jardine Rear, he played with the Rangers Boys Club in the early 70's. Andy was a regular in the Bellahouston Bowling Club prior to the games. The 505 in his username was a reference to his masonic lodge. The mark of the man can be seen in his last few posts when he was offering his thoughts and sympathy to SenoraCuellar even as his own life was ebbing away. Andy was just 60 years old and leaves a wife and two daughters. His funeral service is next Friday at 10.45am in St Andrew's & St Marnock's Parish Church and then on to Riccarton Cemetry.
Rest easy Andy, a special glass will be raised in your memory when we get our title back.

Sorry to you and Andys family for your loss. He mentioned his battle on here a couple of times but never let on how far gone his illness was. Enjoyed reading his posts, and he also put up some excellent stuff in the photo thread too.

Rest easy Andy.

A great bear,followed everywhere through the lower leagues,really sad news.

Sad news, I enjoyed reading Andy's contributions to FF over the years. Always especially sad when we lose one of our own.

Thoughts go out to his family and friends.

RIP Andy

I'd no idea Oakeydoaky505 was terminally ill, that's come as a bit of a shock!
I didn't know the gentleman personally but I could tell from his posts that he was a more than decent man with a huge love for our club.
My condolences thoughts and prayers for all his family and friends.

Didn't know the gentleman in any capacity but from testimony of others he seems like a man who exemplified the qualities of the Rangers community.

RIP

Sad news. Didn’t know the man but always enjoyed his contributions on this forum. RIP bear and heartfelt feelings to his family

Well known and regular poster. Wasn't aware he had been ill. Never met him but he took the time to pm myself back and forth with some financial advice previously, it was very much appreciated.

Rip fellow bear, thoughts are with family

RIP fellow bear, my mate sat next to him in the govan rear for a few seasons and I’d met him getting tickets for a few away games.

As said earlier I didn’t think that the bastard thing was so advanced.
Sleep easy bear.

Back