Okeydokey505 - another Bear gone.

A popular poster on this site, Okeydokey505 - Andy Strawhorn from Kilmarnock - lost his battle with cancer and passed away on Wednesday.
A lifelong bluenose and season ticket holder in the Sandy Jardine Rear, he played with the Rangers Boys Club in the early 70's. Andy was a regular in the Bellahouston Bowling Club prior to the games. The 505 in his username was a reference to his masonic lodge. The mark of the man can be seen in his last few posts when he was offering his thoughts and sympathy to SenoraCuellar even as his own life was ebbing away. Andy was just 60 years old and leaves a wife and two daughters. His funeral service is next Friday at 10.45am in St Andrew's & St Marnock's Parish Church and then on to Riccarton Cemetry.
Rest easy Andy, a special glass will be raised in your memory when we get our title back.

So sorry to here this. I'd never met the guy but always enjoyed and respected his contributions. He came across as genuine and sincere.

RIP Andy, you'll be missed

Just when I thought my heart couldn't break anymore, I read this today. Andy is one of the posters I respect most on here.

When I was struggling @okeydokey505 sent me words of kindness, strength, of never stop fighting and loving. I knew he wasn't well. I think he messaged from hospital at one point, but I never thought I would be reading this. He is a real Rangers man. True of heart and strong in spirit.

If anyone is in contact with his family please send them my love. Even in the midst of his own pain he took time to hold me up.

Rest well, Andy. I will never forget your kindness. X

Last edited:
A popular poster on this site, Okeydokey505 - Andy Strawhorn from Kilmarnock - lost his battle with cancer and passed away on Wednesday.
A lifelong bluenose and season ticket holder in the Sandy Jardine Rear, he played with the Rangers Boys Club in the early 70's. Andy was a regular in the Bellahouston Bowling Club prior to the games. The 505 in his username was a reference to his masonic lodge. The mark of the man can be seen in his last few posts when he was offering his thoughts and sympathy to SenoraCuellar even as his own life was ebbing away. Andy was just 60 years old and leaves a wife and two daughters. His funeral service is next Friday at 10.45am in St Andrew's & St Marnock's Parish Church and then on to Riccarton Cemetry.
Rest easy Andy, a special glass will be raised in your memory when we get our title back.
There will certainly be a void with Andy gone, had many a great laugh over the years with him on the forum, he had a warped sense of humour but also made many valid points on threads when needed.
Sleep tight mate we are all going to miss you.

This was the second time that Andy had fought this horrible disease. He won his first battle but not this one. I drank with him in the BC after every home game. It was always a pleasure to be in his company. He was a true Rangers fan and followed the team everywhere until illness took its toll. He will be sadly missed be everyone that knew him. My thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

Travelled on the bus & train to Ibrox with Andra many a time as youngsters, lost touch over the years.
Very sad news indeed. Sincere condolences, thoughts with his family at this time.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ. I knew Andy a little. I was in his house years ago before a killie game and then years later he ran me to Livingston.

Thoughts with his family.

Sad sad news to hear about Andy.
Deepest sympathy to his family & friends.
Met Andy along with other members of our club, many times over the years as he follow followed home/away & abroad.
His Blue room was a shrine to Rangers!
A great Rangers man gone to soon.
Will always be remembered.

So sad ,thoughts are with the family at this time,rest in peace up in the BLUE heaven Andy!

Terrible news, all the best to his family. RIP Andy

Shocked and saddened to see this post. I enjoyed reading Andy’s posts and valued his thoughts and opinions. He will be sorely missed on here and my thoughts and prayers are with his family and all those who knew him. Rest In Peace Andy

Back