Okeydokey505 - another Bear gone.

Sad news met Andy and his daughter a good few times on our travels through the leagues and always enjoyed his posts on here.

Sincere condolences to family and friends

Last edited:
its days like this when you read that someone has passed though you may have never met them but through this forum you feel you knew them, another Gone

sleep well Andy thoughts are with the Family.

I have known Andy since I was about sixteen and he was the same age as me. He lived just along the road from me in Kilmarnock though he was originally from Hurlford hence the 505 in his username. When I first used this forum over ten years ago it didn't take me long to figure out who okeydokey505 was.
The night before the 2002 Cup Final I met Andy at a lodge meeting in Kilmarnock and told him I was struggling for a ticket. He gave me one there and then. I went with him to the match and what a day we had in the Bellahouston Bowling Club before and after the match.
Andy was a proper old school Bluenose and Freemason and definitely one of life's good guys.
He will be sadly missed by all who knew him.

Andy gave me sound financial advice a few years ago. We actually met at the megastore carpark where he sorted some paperwork for me. He was a true gent.
RIP Andy.

Thoughts are with his family and friends.

You never know when a loved one will no longer be here so always tell them and show them how much you love them every chance you get.

RIP Andy
this guy helped me so much with my finances
my thoughts are with you and your family this weekend

RIP fellow Bear.

I lost my wee aunty to cancer a few weeks back there. Seeing first hand how that horrible disease effects someone you love is tough. No one deserves to suffer that fate.

Thoughts are with Okeydokey505's family and friends at this sad time.

Sad news. A very recognisable and respected posted on here.

I'm terrible at remembering people's usernames or stuff they've posted about previously but his posts always jumped out and stuck with me for some reason. He'll be missed on here. One of the good guys.

Rest easy Andy.

Terrible news :(

A lot of kind words and support given by him on the depression and help thread.

A true loss to the forum.
Sleep well fellow bear.

Absolutely gutted, was in his house only 2 weeks ago servicing his boiler and was going back down to fit a new radiator for him.

1st met Andy at the FF golf day and kept in touch and fitted his boiler etc, even parked down at his bit when we played Killie away

Horrible news, sincerest condolences go out to his wife and daughters

Just when I thought my heart couldn't break anymore, I read this today. Andy is one of the posters I respect most on here.

When I was struggling @okeydokey505 sent me words of kindness, strength, of never stop fighting and loving. I knew he wasn't well. I think he messaged from hospital at one point, but I never thought I would be reading this. He is a real Rangers man. True of heart and strong in spirit.

If anyone is in contact with his family please send them my love. Even in the midst of his own pain he took time to hold me up.

Rest well, Andy. I will never forget your kindness. X
Hi firstly thanks for liking my post,on another sad loss to the Rangers family,I sadly lost my brother Stephen on the 9th March,we were both Rangers followers since our dad Vinnie took us both when were very young,I was 8in 1960when I first saw the famous eleven and Ibrox,I was totally overwhelmed by the messages and support on here from many bears,when I posted of my brothers parting,but in between this new loss ,I read of your anguish senoracuellar, honestly I fell apart,I could not even see my screen,so it gives me the opportunity to say sorry for your sad loss,I know and you know no words how much they are meant in kindnesses and heartfelt sympathy can overcome that hollow feeling of emptiness we feel when losing someone we love,so I'm putting my arms around from here in Dumfries and giving you the biggest hug I can xx hope none of my words offend you or hurt you in anyway yours aye Carlos

It's been a tough couple of weeks for the Rangers family with SC's hubby passing & now Andy.
R I P my brother & my thoughts are with your family & friends

Absolutely sickened to read this - he always came across as such a happy go luck guy on here and will be a big miss to the forum.

Thoughts go out to his family and to all who knew him personally on these boards.

RIP Andy

Scary........same age as myself.. One of the most recognised names on the forum.

Sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

This is very sad news. There are some posters that have a near legendary status on FF and he was,most definitely, one of them.

A popular poster on this site, Okeydokey505 - Andy Strawhorn from Kilmarnock - lost his battle with cancer and passed away on Wednesday.
A lifelong bluenose and season ticket holder in the Sandy Jardine Rear, he played with the Rangers Boys Club in the early 70's. Andy was a regular in the Bellahouston Bowling Club prior to the games. The 505 in his username was a reference to his masonic lodge. The mark of the man can be seen in his last few posts when he was offering his thoughts and sympathy to SenoraCuellar even as his own life was ebbing away. Andy was just 60 years old and leaves a wife and two daughters. His funeral service is next Friday at 10.45am in St Andrew's & St Marnock's Parish Church and then on to Riccarton Cemetry.
Rest easy Andy, a special glass will be raised in your memory when we get our title back.

Oh my god, i'm so sorry to hear this sad news, I was brought up in Killie and new Andy when I was much younger!, I never knew that he was this poster though.

My heart goes out to Andy, his family and friends

Back